Support PS3

Support PS3

26 Mar 2012
By: BLOODYTATOO

2 Posts

Remote control Stop working but only my action and D-pad

3 Replies 391 Views Created 26-03-2012

Hello all

I need help figuring this issue before I break my PS3. My remote control stopped working a couple of days ago and I have tried everything on the forum from prior users.

My issue is different. My remote analog, and triangle button works but the D-pad and X (action button) don't work, so I am limited on how to reset or reprogrammed my controller, its weird that the analogs work for me to navigate but the D-pad and action buttons don't work including the R and L buttons...

Any help would be greatly appreciated it.

Bloodytatoo

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (391 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Re: Remote control Stop working but only my action and D-pad

Hey there,

You haven't mentioned what troubleshooting you've tried, so I'll lay out a few things to check.

If your controller is an official one, you'll have a 12 month in store warranty - if all else fails, take back to store with receipt for an over the counter replacement.

Resetting / recalibrating controllers - with the controller plugged in to PS3 via USB (with some lights on - either solid or flashing) - turn the controller over - to the right of the screw, you'll see an indented button - press this in using a pin or paperclip or similar. The lights will turn off whilst this is pressed, after 5 seconds, release, and then press the PS button to resync.

Make sure the controller is assigned as '1' (The light on top of the econtroller should reflect this)

If all else fails, contact your local PlayStation Support Centre and we can go from there.

-sbs

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (389 Views)
0 Kudos

Thank you stupidbunnysuit! Unfortunately it didn't work, I will have to call Sony or just or just purchase a new controller. Thanks again for your help.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (369 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Why would you break your console over a controller... seems very unnecessary.... as said, if it's outside of 12 months, trash it and buy a new one.

''Only after disaster can we be resurrected.'' - Tyler Durden.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (349 Views)
0 Kudos