Message 1221 of 1,368 (1,079 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: System Update 3.56 Data Corrupted after Swap HDD

PvtChocolate wrote:

Though it might be completely unrelated, I noticed Sony is announcing: 

***PlayStation Network Maintenance on March 9, 2011***

Could it be related in some way to update 3.60 (btw why is everyone talking about 3.60, shouldn't it be 3.58? Noobish question?!)

As for me I'm still on warranty with a bricked slim 120Gb with original HDD inside. Problem is, I have no backup whatsoever of my game saves, so even having to send it to Sony would be a major disappointment. Two e-mails to support resulted in them telling me they were working on a patch.

However, just to be sure, does this crash also make the XMB menu appear but not working (I'm stuck with loading icons and whenever one appears (usually system settings) and I click on it, it just freezes / loads forever and I have to hard shut down.

Been a fan of  PS since day one, but back then when my PS1 broke and I sent it in, it was quick and we even received two free games (for whatever reason I don't remember!). Point is, I feel like support took a little drop since then.

Do you guys suppose I should call in to have my PS3 swapped or wait for the system update?

PvTChocolate this bug only relates to you if you have tried to replace your hard disk drive. The problem you describe sounds like it has nothing to do with this bug.

I highly recommend you get in touch with Sony support and get them to run you through a few troubleshooting procedures.

regards
Rob
RandAPle4 on a tombstone because I get killed alot.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1222 of 1,368 (1,061 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

jeismc schrieb:

Everybody, we have a group on facebook. I know that is a spanish group but we talk in english there as well.

Please, let's stay together as costumers and if Sony doesn't show up with a solution we're going to make this huge.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_111249788952305&ap=1

we need an english group ... these dudes are talking spanish only -_-

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1223 of 1,368 (936 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

is the 3.6 going to solve the issue ?? it will be released tomorrow and i need to know if it going to be usful or if it is the same

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1224 of 1,368 (702 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i highly doubt 3.60 will think it, but wont be long till we know. I recieved my replacement PS3 yesterday so I want need to try :smileyhappy: If 3.60 doesnt fix the issue id suggest keep ringing for a replacement. I cant see how they can give some users out of warranty replacements and not others...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1225 of 1,368 (675 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i hope it will get fix...and after that i'll never update any of my PS3 systems  ever again...

i Hate SONY

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1226 of 1,368 (667 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Didn't know 3.6 was being released soon.

Since some of you might think my problem is unrrelated to 3.56 update, I have to ask: Under warranty (which I am), do you think support could transfer my old HDD infos (as in GAME SAVES!) to the new one?

Problem is since my XMB menu loads up but then no icon does (keeps spinning), I can't access and backup any material. And a quick search confirmed that you can't hook it up to a PC enclosure to backup.

So, any ideas how I could save those infos? Or am I knee deep in shhhhh**?

I'm very disappointed in the way this problem has been treated by Sony, however I won't go and say I'll never buy any of their stuff, because I know good stuff will come (hey, just look at Black Ops sales for example! haha)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1227 of 1,368 (545 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

As far as I'm aware both AUS/NZ do not offer that service.

My understanding is that you can take the HDD out - send the console in for a repair and not exchange in hopes it retains it's unique console ID so when you pop the HDD back in, the information is still there.

*shrugs* good luck though

edit: Sorry I don't read through stuff properly lol

The XMB not loading maybe a file system corruption, have you tried going into Safe mode and doing a restore that way?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1228 of 1,368 (533 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hadn't even heard about this problem until today. I am suddenly VERY aware of it.  Yesterday morning, I was playing NHL11 and it was working just fine. Yesterday evening, I plugged in to a new location and started getting "Cannot start. The correct hard disk was not found." I went through every online procedure I could find, trying to get it to work...nothing. I called Sony Tech Support and followed his direction (same things I tried via forums)...nothing. He informed me that I could pay $99 and change to send it in and get it fixed. This whole problem was so new to me that I said I would just look in to it more and try a new HDD as it appeared my problem was that my original HDD was shot. Knowing what I know now, how in the world could he send me on my way to install a new HDD, knowing that this problem existed?!  So, tonight, after speaking with Tech Support, I installed a new HDD and, as you may have guessed, I am receiving the Data Corrupted error message when I try to install the update via USB MSD. After getting that error code, I started in on reading forums, articles, etc. And so, here I am...with a nice, shiny, black paper weight on my desk.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1229 of 1,368 (521 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Finally, I can fix my old PS3 and sell it. I was getting tired of staring at it, while it laughed at me. AS for Cobrahawk40, just wait until tomorrow. Most of us are since Jan. 27. Most of us are alive after this long wait, although I have to say, I died a little inside.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1230 of 1,368 (488 Views)
0 Kudos