27 Jan 2011
By MrcLGi
Playstation Staff

System Update 3.56 Data Corrupted after Swap HDD

1,367 Replies 18,063 Views Created 27-01-2011

I upgraded my internal hard drive.

Downloaded the 3.56 update. Put it in a PenDrive \ PS3 \ UPDATE folder, but  I keep getting:

"The data is corrupted.(8002F225) "

I cant use my ps3 now because it.

SONY, PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1,368 (18,063 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: System Update 3.56 Data Corrupted after Swap HDD

Rename the PS3UPDAT.PUP file on the pendrive to PS3UPDAT.BAD

Download the update again.

If it fails again try downloading it from someone elses house (or work) just in case you have a bad file stuck in your ISP's proxy cache.

regards
Rob
RandAPle4 on a tombstone because I get killed alot.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 1,368 (18,035 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

The problem only happens when I put the new HD on ps3.

When with the old hard drive(already have 3.56 installed), I get into XMB and use the file to update without problem.

But with the new hard drive, turning on the ps3, the screen displays a message saying it could not recognize the system and asking to insert the update on the stick. But then says that the data are corrupted.

The problem also is not in the HD. Surely this file from Sony that needs to be corrected as soon as possible.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 1,368 (18,032 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I've got the same issue.  Just put in a new HD.  Of course I am in the US, not the EU...but this post came up on google so I just thought I would let you know that you arent alone.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 1,368 (17,974 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I have exactly the same issue. This is not good! Maybe Sony made it illegal to replace the HDD on our PS3 :-)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 1,368 (17,958 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Naw, Sony didn't make it illegal.  I'm having the same issue, though, and I am furious.  I talked to support... they've never heard of the data is corrupt error, and it isn't even in their system yet.  Ugh...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 1,368 (17,896 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Wow, same BS happened to me, I think Sony needs to come up with a new firmware that fixes this issue pretty quick. I can't believe it  this new firmware was supposed to fix a "Security Flaw" what it ended up doing was locking us out of our ps3's, BS.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 1,368 (17,881 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Its funny, because after Googling it appears that this happened after 3.41 as well. Sony issued an "updated" 3.41 for folks experiencing the same issue we are. Fortunately no one else had to download it. Its likely that they forgot to change something when the firmware has to be verified in safe mode.

Its one thing for this to be overlooked once, but twice? Sony's software engineers should be better than that.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 1,368 (17,861 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Hey guys I suggest that you call the support line so that we can get further info as to what is happening. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 1,368 (17,804 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Yeah add me to this growing list of disgruntled customers. It's funny, when I install the original 'Sony/Toshiba' drive it quite happily downloaded the patch. Plug my new HD in (80 > 320 GB) it keeps displaying an error saying the data is corrupt. I've tried a multitude of different pen drives and an external USB HD - all giving error codes similar to the ones you're getting.

The support number by the way for all concerned is 0844 7360595 (8am-10pm GMT)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 1,368 (17,779 Views)
0 Kudos