15 Oct 2009

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

green light, yellow light, flashing red lights

10 Replies 11,710 Views Created 15-10-2009
my console crashed on me last night. firstly a green light and then a yellow light and then a flashing red light. i tried to restart it a few times and same every time. i rand sony and the woman said its a motherboard issue or a power issue.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (11,710 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: green light, yellow light, flashing red lights

Yea that is the infamous ylod. http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=bANZ_announcements_help&thr...

I am guessing they told u 2 send it in?

So really why are you messaging here anyway? or do you need help with something?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (11,688 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I guess he is messaging here becuase like the rest of us he is @#$%$%# sick of the yellow light of death a problem that is almost planned obsloesence a problem that affects hundreads of thousands of PS3 owners, a problem that Sony wont acknowlege that is an inherant fault that should be fixed for free regardless of the age of the machine, and a problem that makes this 15 yr Sony veteran want to bad mouth Sony at every opportunity because im on my 4th repair of YLOD and well its my last I bought the unit on launch night $1000 give or take and now it has cost me another $1000 in YLOD repairs each one taking almost a month to return. XBOx and Wii I am coming......Sony PS3 absloute *****e.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (11,216 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

unless the damaged parts get "replaced" then a repair will temporarily fix a problem and eventualy return. i'm thinking why would you spend so much instead of just betting a new one for about $450, it must have been out of warranty if you had to keep paying for the repairs. mine died after 2.5 - 3 years of use and i had a go at fixing it myself (there's heaps of guides on youtube), didn't work so i went and got a new slim.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (11,199 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Same happened to me, except it didn't crash. I turned it off last night and when i went on it today the green light changed too yellow then to flashing red. I t wont let me start up safe mode either. Yesterday it was fine and I only used for twenty minutes. My PS3 is the 60gb original. I've had problems before but I just had to put it in safe mode, deleted all my game saves and utility too. Can anyone Help i just put twenty quid on my account yesterday so im kinda annoyed.

I don't really want to send it off to sony for a replacement and i don't know how to fix it myself. Should I take it to a game shop or just call sony?

Help plz!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (11,129 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Mr-super-hero, try giving your local support centre a call and discuss the issue with them over the phone. The number can be found at the top of the Technical Support, Help & Advice section.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (11,061 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hey i would very much appreciate it if you gave me the number to call sony cause i have the yellow light of death to. please help me out man.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (10,291 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

hey i would appreciate it if you gave me that number to call sony cause i hae the yellow light of death to. please help me out.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (10,288 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (10,259 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

why do you even respond  to this question? you sound like a jerk, "Oh but I'm an expert because I answer thousands of questions with rude answers"

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (4,553 Views)
0 Kudos