02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

green light, yellow light, flashing red lights

10 Replies 13,734 Views Created 15-10-2009
my console crashed on me last night. firstly a green light and then a yellow light and then a flashing red light. i tried to restart it a few times and same every time. i rand sony and the woman said its a motherboard issue or a power issue.
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

playstion3man

86%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
playstion3man
Accepted Solution

Yea that is the infamous ylod. http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=bANZ_announcements_help&thr...

I am guessing they told u 2 send it in?

So really why are you messaging here anyway? or do you need help with something?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: green light, yellow light, flashing red lights

/16

playstion3man

86%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
playstion3man
Accepted Solution

Yea that is the infamous ylod. http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=bANZ_announcements_help&thr...

I am guessing they told u 2 send it in?

So really why are you messaging here anyway? or do you need help with something?

0 Kudos

/16

Conwayboys

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Conwayboys
Accepted Solution

I guess he is messaging here becuase like the rest of us he is @#$%$%# sick of the yellow light of death a problem that is almost planned obsloesence a problem that affects hundreads of thousands of PS3 owners, a problem that Sony wont acknowlege that is an inherant fault that should be fixed for free regardless of the age of the machine, and a problem that makes this 15 yr Sony veteran want to bad mouth Sony at every opportunity because im on my 4th repair of YLOD and well its my last I bought the unit on launch night $1000 give or take and now it has cost me another $1000 in YLOD repairs each one taking almost a month to return. XBOx and Wii I am coming......Sony PS3 absloute *****e.

0 Kudos

/16

DigitalPunk-

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DigitalPunk-
Accepted Solution
unless the damaged parts get "replaced" then a repair will temporarily fix a problem and eventualy return. i'm thinking why would you spend so much instead of just betting a new one for about $450, it must have been out of warranty if you had to keep paying for the repairs. mine died after 2.5 - 3 years of use and i had a go at fixing it myself (there's heaps of guides on youtube), didn't work so i went and got a new slim.
0 Kudos

/16

rochha

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rochha
Accepted Solution

why do you even respond  to this question? you sound like a jerk, "Oh but I'm an expert because I answer thousands of questions with rude answers"

0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Renze

• Award Winner
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Renze
Accepted Solution
This thread has been dead for over two years, rochha. Last post was in January 2011. Please avoid thread necromancy.
0 Kudos

/16

Mr-super-hero

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mr-super-hero
Accepted Solution

Same happened to me, except it didn't crash. I turned it off last night and when i went on it today the green light changed too yellow then to flashing red. I t wont let me start up safe mode either. Yesterday it was fine and I only used for twenty minutes. My PS3 is the 60gb original. I've had problems before but I just had to put it in safe mode, deleted all my game saves and utility too. Can anyone Help i just put twenty quid on my account yesterday so im kinda annoyed.

I don't really want to send it off to sony for a replacement and i don't know how to fix it myself. Should I take it to a game shop or just call sony?

Help plz!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

/16

Tenel

50%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tenel
Accepted Solution

Mr-super-hero, try giving your local support centre a call and discuss the issue with them over the phone. The number can be found at the top of the Technical Support, Help & Advice section.

0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

sample2323

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sample2323
Accepted Solution

Hey i would very much appreciate it if you gave me the number to call sony cause i have the yellow light of death to. please help me out man.

0 Kudos

/16

sample2323

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sample2323
Accepted Solution
hey i would appreciate it if you gave me that number to call sony cause i hae the yellow light of death to. please help me out.
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

Renze

• Award Winner
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post