Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 6

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02 Nov 2008
By Landlock

Landlock

  • Offline
58%
02 Rank
Progress

Change the region of your PSN account

42 Replies 71,535 Views Created 02-11-2008
02 Nov 2008
By Landlock

Ok this has probably been posted before im relativly new to the ps3 experience currently im living in australia where i bought my ps3 and in the next couple of months im moving to sweden. when i bought the ps3 i checked  sweden is pal format and they also are in the same region for blue ray discs. Im not to worried about the games as they are region free.but why does sony have to make things so complicated when all i want to do is change the region on my psn account what difference does it make if i change it or not. but to the point now if i start a new psn account can i still use the same email account or do i have to start a new one up?? I actually hope sony read this because it is so much work for something so stupid sony need to sort some of there s#%t out.

 

Also what will happen if i keep it set for australia region will it be every time i connect to play a game online i will be connected to the australian server.also when i start a new account will my trophies convert to my new psn account as i know with xbox your gamer points are wiped.

 

any help or advice would be appreciated

1 Kudo
Reply
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

PllayStation

  • Offline
96%
02 Rank
Progress
PllayStation
Accepted Solution

Landlock wrote:

 

1. If i make a new psn account can i still use the same email account or do i have to start a new one up??

 

 

2. I actually hope sony read this because it is so much work for something so stupid sony need to sort some of there s#%t out.

 

3. Also what will happen if i keep it set for australia region will it be every time i connect to play a game online i will be connected to the australian server.

 

4. also when i start a new account will my trophies convert to my new psn account as i know with xbox your gamer points are wiped.

 


 

1. You have to provide a new one.

 

2. SONY WILL NOT READ THIS.

 

3. Nothing will happen, because servers are disk region dependent.

 

4. Sorry, they won't, because for every new account you make you have to make new trophy achievements. So, in short, you'll start with ZERO trophies on your new account.

0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account



http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/user/2120-sony/

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

DashBob

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
DashBob
Accepted Solution

PllayStation wrote:

Landlock wrote:

 

1. If i make a new psn account can i still use the same email account or do i have to start a new one up??

 

 

2. I actually hope sony read this because it is so much work for something so stupid sony need to sort some of there s#%t out.

 

3. Also what will happen if i keep it set for australia region will it be every time i connect to play a game online i will be connected to the australian server.

 

4. also when i start a new account will my trophies convert to my new psn account as i know with xbox your gamer points are wiped.

 


 

1. You have to provide a new one.

 

2. SONY WILL NOT READ THIS.

 

3. Nothing will happen, because servers are disk region dependent.

 

4. Sorry, they won't, because for every new account you make you have to make new trophy achievements. So, in short, you'll start with ZERO trophies on your new account.


 How good are dot points!!!!    :Lol:

 

0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account


Im back online. Only this time in Brisbane!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

Rastan_Saga

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Rastan_Saga
Accepted Solution

PllayStation wrote:

Landlock wrote:

 

1. If i make a new psn account can i still use the same email account or do i have to start a new one up??

 

 

2. I actually hope sony read this because it is so much work for something so stupid sony need to sort some of there s#%t out.

 

3. Also what will happen if i keep it set for australia region will it be every time i connect to play a game online i will be connected to the australian server.

 

4. also when i start a new account will my trophies convert to my new psn account as i know with xbox your gamer points are wiped.

 


 

1. You have to provide a new one.

 

2. SONY WILL NOT READ THIS.

 

3. Nothing will happen, because servers are disk region dependent.

 

4. Sorry, they won't, because for every new account you make you have to make new trophy achievements. So, in short, you'll start with ZERO trophies on your new account.


Its funny  we do actually read the forums, and if there is something that looks like an idea we value the feedback and at times is discussed.

 

Ras

0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

Pihaboy

  • Offline
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Pihaboy
Accepted Solution

I'm having the same issue having moved from New Zealand to Australia.

 

My NZ PSN is a playstation plus memeber but i no longer have NZ bank accounts for credit cards.

Because if this i can't fund my NZ wallet (as the regions clash) which means i can't buy any of the deals in the store for plus members.

 

I don't want to delete my account and create a new one as i'd loose all my trophies.

 

0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

Pudgies_Sarah

  • Offline
88%
03 Rank
Progress
Pudgies_Sarah
Accepted Solution

@Rastan_Saga

 

So, taking that into account will the Sony and Playstation people be making any changes in the near future in regards to the region?

 

I think this is a problem and really needs to be looked into.

0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account

[ Edited ]

"Let me guess...Someone stole your sweet role?"

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

Kilgore1987

  • Offline
68%
02 Rank
Progress
Kilgore1987
Accepted Solution
I really hope it becomes possible to change an account's region.

The system which the PSN system uses now is highly restrictive and it forces players to have several accounts with different content purchased on each, rather than have them all consolidate on one.

Valve's steam platform only allows allows users to change their content region at will, only as long as their card used is from the region the content originates. Regardless of DRM or ratings.

I don't think Sony would have much problem implementing this system, it would make the PSN experience that much more enjoyable for the user.
0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

DashBob

  • Offline
98%
03 Rank
Progress
DashBob
Accepted Solution

A couple of valid questions in there:

 

1) With an AU account you will get everything that AU gets. Store, DLC, patches etc. This also means that you may not necessarily have the same stuff as the rest of Sweden. Could be a good or bad thing....

 

2) Cant use same email address as an existing psn account. Need a new email or delete the old one.

 

3) Connection to servers can be chosen in some games, so no problems with those. But for others the region you brought the game from can have an influence on the servers connected to.

 

4) Trophies will be lost with a new account. Epic fail there...

 

Advice: Get rid of the AU account and start afresh in sweden. Much better to have content that is directed to the local market. 

0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account


Im back online. Only this time in Brisbane!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

bpa94

  • Offline
82%
03 Rank
Progress
bpa94
Accepted Solution
just make a new account n have 2 accounts 1 for aus 1 for sweden u can even do this to access ps stores in america n japan to get better downloads (although u can only get the free stuff from foreign stores unless u have a credit card from that country)
0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
04
/16

PAPO1990

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
87%
04 Rank
Progress
PAPO1990
Accepted Solution

sweden you say :) please tell me your going to visit the Koenigsegg factory (I'd be there every day)

 

it's in Ängelholm in the south of sweden

0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account

Walking Under Stars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

Landlock

  • Offline
58%
02 Rank
Progress
Landlock
Accepted Solution
im not to sure what that is but i had a search and will most likely check it out they more then likely have factory tours
0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
04
/16

PAPO1990

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
87%
04 Rank
Progress
PAPO1990
Accepted Solution

here's my favorite

 

0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account

Walking Under Stars

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

sk8mart

  • Offline
24%
02 Rank
Progress
sk8mart
Accepted Solution

aghh, im having the same kind of problem. i recently moved from England to New Zealand. and there is no option to change your region/country!

Ive made a NZ account, and use that to buy things off the store, but play on my English account. havent come across any problems with that yet, but ***** it just complicates things.

although im finding that England tends to get things before New Zealand, so i can just use my old account to make the most of that as i do still have an english credit card.

it let me download vidzone because it thought i was in england, but wont let me use it because it isnt available here until 10th dec. aghh

 

if anyone finds a way to change the region, i would be much appreciative.

0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

SanguineDoll

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
SanguineDoll
Accepted Solution

sk8mart wrote:

 

if anyone finds a way to change the region, i would be much appreciative.


Final answer: There is no way to change region. This information is a permanent feature of your account, much like your date of birth and your Online ID.

0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

glynrenluv

  • Offline
21%
02 Rank
Progress
glynrenluv
Accepted Solution

heeey there!I need some help.How can i download skype application for ps vita? There's no skype application in japan region.

0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
04
/16

mrkillingheidi

  • Offline
85%
04 Rank
Progress
mrkillingheidi
Accepted Solution
Not sure mate. Our region doesn't have PS Vita content in the store yet.
0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

waldekzone

  • Offline
76%
02 Rank
Progress
waldekzone
Accepted Solution

thanks for that, looks i wont be putting my card details on my second account. And that is a shame because ps store honk kong has lot more fun stuff and cheaper

 

 

0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

Freddie2810

  • Offline
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Freddie2810
Accepted Solution

I just know that one user is ONLY entitled to one account. I have an  Europe version of LittleBigPlanet but I am living in Singapore. If I use a different user, my LittleBigPlanet account will not be used, but a different one instead. Please help me because I do not want to start back at the beginning of the game itself.

 

Please help! ;-)

0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

kaklol

  • Offline
21%
02 Rank
Progress
kaklol
Accepted Solution

i just bought a ps3 form singapore and i was wondering if my psn account from another country will work on it.

0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
04
/16

RandAPle4

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
04 Rank
Progress
RandAPle4
Accepted Solution

Yes it will

0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account



regards
Rob
deader than the ANZ forum :( .

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

executed1121

  • Offline
21%
02 Rank
Progress
executed1121
Accepted Solution

so i pre-ordered Dragon Age 2 in a local store in the Philipines, and I'm supposed to be getting the signature edition but I'm from Canada and my PSN is NorthAmerican..

 

question is, will the 20$ worth of free dlc load into my canadian account even though its an asian region game? (i think it will be singaporean)

 

sidenote: i bought mass effect 2 last month here in Philipines and the free cerberus network DLC code did not work...

 

these games are made by the same peeps.... i would hate to have to remake a new account and lose all my HARD-EARNED trophies.... i even got 100% in demon's souls which literally took me 3 months of playing everyday and trading with people....

0 Kudos

Re: Change the region of your PSN account

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel