02 Nov 2008

Playstation Staff

Change the region of your PSN account

42 Replies 62,051 Views Created 02-11-2008

Ok this has probably been posted before im relativly new to the ps3 experience currently im living in australia where i bought my ps3 and in the next couple of months im moving to sweden. when i bought the ps3 i checked  sweden is pal format and they also are in the same region for blue ray discs. Im not to worried about the games as they are region free.but why does sony have to make things so complicated when all i want to do is change the region on my psn account what difference does it make if i change it or not. but to the point now if i start a new psn account can i still use the same email account or do i have to start a new one up?? I actually hope sony read this because it is so much work for something so stupid sony need to sort some of there s#%t out.

Also what will happen if i keep it set for australia region will it be every time i connect to play a game online i will be connected to the australian server.also when i start a new account will my trophies convert to my new psn account as i know with xbox your gamer points are wiped.

any help or advice would be appreciated

Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 1 of 43 (62,051 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Change the region of your PSN account

Landlock wrote:

1. If i make a new psn account can i still use the same email account or do i have to start a new one up??

2. I actually hope sony read this because it is so much work for something so stupid sony need to sort some of there s#%t out.

3. Also what will happen if i keep it set for australia region will it be every time i connect to play a game online i will be connected to the australian server.

4. also when i start a new account will my trophies convert to my new psn account as i know with xbox your gamer points are wiped.

1. You have to provide a new one.

2. SONY WILL NOT READ THIS.

3. Nothing will happen, because servers are disk region dependent.

4. Sorry, they won't, because for every new account you make you have to make new trophy achievements. So, in short, you'll start with ZERO trophies on your new account.

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/user/2120-sony/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 43 (62,040 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

A couple of valid questions in there:

1) With an AU account you will get everything that AU gets. Store, DLC, patches etc. This also means that you may not necessarily have the same stuff as the rest of Sweden. Could be a good or bad thing....

2) Cant use same email address as an existing psn account. Need a new email or delete the old one.

3) Connection to servers can be chosen in some games, so no problems with those. But for others the region you brought the game from can have an influence on the servers connected to.

4) Trophies will be lost with a new account. Epic fail there...

Advice: Get rid of the AU account and start afresh in sweden. Much better to have content that is directed to the local market. 

Im back online. Only this time in Brisbane!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 43 (62,038 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

PllayStation wrote:

Landlock wrote:

1. If i make a new psn account can i still use the same email account or do i have to start a new one up??

2. I actually hope sony read this because it is so much work for something so stupid sony need to sort some of there s#%t out.

3. Also what will happen if i keep it set for australia region will it be every time i connect to play a game online i will be connected to the australian server.

4. also when i start a new account will my trophies convert to my new psn account as i know with xbox your gamer points are wiped.

1. You have to provide a new one.

2. SONY WILL NOT READ THIS.

3. Nothing will happen, because servers are disk region dependent.

4. Sorry, they won't, because for every new account you make you have to make new trophy achievements. So, in short, you'll start with ZERO trophies on your new account.

How good are dot points!!!!    :Lol:

Im back online. Only this time in Brisbane!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 43 (62,036 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

just make a new account n have 2 accounts 1 for aus 1 for sweden u can even do this to access ps stores in america n japan to get better downloads (although u can only get the free stuff from foreign stores unless u have a credit card from that country)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 43 (61,996 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

sweden you say :smileyhappy: please tell me your going to visit the Koenigsegg factory (I'd be there every day)

it's in Ängelholm in the south of sweden

Walking Under Stars
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 43 (61,992 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

im not to sure what that is but i had a search and will most likely check it out they more then likely have factory tours
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 43 (61,988 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

here's my favorite

Walking Under Stars
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 43 (61,985 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

aghh, im having the same kind of problem. i recently moved from England to New Zealand. and there is no option to change your region/country!

Ive made a NZ account, and use that to buy things off the store, but play on my English account. havent come across any problems with that yet, but ***** it just complicates things.

although im finding that England tends to get things before New Zealand, so i can just use my old account to make the most of that as i do still have an english credit card.

it let me download vidzone because it thought i was in england, but wont let me use it because it isnt available here until 10th dec. aghh

if anyone finds a way to change the region, i would be much appreciative.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 43 (59,989 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

sk8mart wrote:

if anyone finds a way to change the region, i would be much appreciative.

Final answer: There is no way to change region. This information is a permanent feature of your account, much like your date of birth and your Online ID.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 43 (59,984 Views)
0 Kudos