31 Dec 2010
By McMicka
Playstation Staff

Connection with PlayStation Network timed out?

27 Replies 34,144 Views Created 31-12-2009

Ok, been a while since I needed some help... And i know there's been heaps of 'PSN problems' threads, but this is really ticking me off.

For the last 3 days or so, I keep getting signed out from the PSN, or I can't sign in at all, in a variety of situations.

Sometimes, while playing a game offline, I get disconnected from the PSN with error code 8002AD23.

When trying to sign in, I get these error codes:

80710B23

80710D23

I also get a few others, and a 'connection with PlayStation Network as timed out' message when trying to sign in. This is driving me loony, is there anything I can do to fix it please?

Note: No security on router, I have a NAT2 connection, and media server connection is disabled on the PS3 and PC.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28 (34,144 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Connection with PlayStation Network timed out?

Does the PSN hate me for some reason? It's happening to me again... T.T
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28 (34,081 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

ISP?

Off the top of my head, error code 80710B23 means that the Network is busy. Might mean that your ISP's server is having maintenance or alot of people crowding the server at the same time.

Not sure at this stage. Probably best to contact the Support Team

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28 (34,080 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I think you probably should check with your ISP.  I was experiencing ADSL dropouts, which resulted in similar errors to yours.  They added a stabiliser to the line and it's been flawless ever since.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28 (34,155 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I'm with Optus, on ADSL2. I might give them a ring, this happens fairly often, I've had problems with the PSN ever since I received my PS3, and we've gone through a few routers, which has solved some other problems, but not the mystery on the random disconnects.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28 (34,150 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Ok - Optus continually states that there is nothing wrong with the connection to our home. Is there anything you guys at Sony could do to help the problem at all? Maybe a check to see if there is something slowing down data to my PS3 or something?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28 (34,088 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Under Network Settings what are the results of

Settings and Connection Status List

Internet Connection Test

How long is your telephone cable (the one from the phone socket to the ADSL modem)?

I suffered for weeks from intermittent dropouts simply because my phone cable was too long. Those flat phone cables are rubbish.

regards
Rob
RandAPle4 on a tombstone because I get killed alot.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28 (34,086 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

About 20cms away from the modem. It's been like that forever, but i've only had really bad problems over the last couple of months.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28 (34,082 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

McMicka wrote:
About 20cms away from the modem. It's been like that forever, but i've only had really bad problems over the last couple of months.

You got an ethernet wall port in the room with yur PS3, or maybe the next room over?

BTG forums
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28 (34,080 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Hey McMicka,

Have you tried Powercycling the modem. Powercycle is just unplugging the Modem totally from the Powerpoint at the wall, leaving it for about 20 seconds then plugging it back in.

After doing this & when all the lights come back onto the modem, resetup your PS3 network configuration & see how that goes.

EDIT

In rereading what you said, another thing you can do is login to your modem / router & change the mode type from Optus Bridge Mode to NAPT. this may help as well.  

Pretoria Sig
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28 (34,055 Views)
0 Kudos