Support

Support PSN

Support PSN

Re: Connection with PlayStation Network timed out?

I get Obtain IP address: SUCCEEDED

Internet connection: SUCCEEDED

but when i try log on to the PSN every time i try it says "connection to the server timed out" any advise???

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 28 (15,034 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Pretoria wrote:

Hey McMicka,

Have you tried Powercycling the modem. Powercycle is just unplugging the Modem totally from the Powerpoint at the wall, leaving it for about 20 seconds then plugging it back in.

After doing this & when all the lights come back onto the modem, resetup your PS3 network configuration & see how that goes.

EDIT

In rereading what you said, another thing you can do is login to your modem / router & change the mode type from Optus Bridge Mode to NAPT. this may help as well.  

Just to add to Pretoria's post power cycle the modem ( no Power) for a min of 5 mins gets rid of most error codes and time outs.

While the modem is switched off restart your PS3.

Ras

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 28 (15,030 Views)
0 Kudos

I have had the same problem for the past week and am with bigpond. it was working fine for about a month then every time i go to sign in it comes up with 80710B23

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 28 (15,014 Views)
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I've done connection tests and keep getting -

Obtain IP Address - SUCCESS

Internet Connection - SUCCESS

Playstation Network - FAILED

Yet if I try signing in it lets me, but I can't play online. I don't get signed out with no error codes or anything.  For example I go to play Modern Warfare 2 online, it takes about 45secs-1min to connect to matchmaking, then when I go to join a game it says no games found yet still checks for games but won't connect me. Whats going on??

EDIT: I always have 100% connection too

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 28 (14,770 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

if your not getting signed out and your friends come up on your list then your on and there's nothing wrong with the psn. any other problems would be from your isp or the game servers
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 28 (14,766 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Does mw2 use the playstation network?

(You know, every time I see mw2 I think Metal Work 2 cause that's what we called it in training school. Infuriating.)

regards
Rob
RandAPle4 on a tombstone because I get killed alot.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 28 (14,764 Views)
0 Kudos

I have a BILLION 7404VNOX firewall router and my PS3 internet connected but couldn't sign in to the Playstation Network.
Message was: " connection to the playstation network timed out "
Eventually figured out that I needed to :
1) On the PS3 Network Settings, manually configure a unique IP address for my PS3 (e.g. 192.168.1.16 / 255.255.255.0)
The Default Router and DNS can be the same i.e. your Router's IP address (e.g. Billion router = 192.168.1.254)
2) From my PC get into my Router settings (e.g. Billion router = 192.168.1.254)
(a) In Advanced, Configuration, Firewall, Packet Filters set up the ports to exclude them from the firewall for the PS3 (e.g. 192.168.1.16 / 255.255.255.0) one entry for each of these:
TCP: 80, 443, 5223
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658
(b) In Advanced, Configuration, Virtual Server, Port Forwarding set up ports for the PS3
One entry for each of these:
TCP: 80, 443, 5223
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658
Voila! all working fine after wasting 6 hours.
To find out how to set up the Port Forwarding and Packet Filters for the PS3's IP address that you set up in your router, Google your Router's manual.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 28 (14,423 Views)
0 Kudos

I've been having this problem ever since i've started college

i've moved into halls and can't access the psn

i can use the internet browser but cant sign in to psn

i asked about it at the computer services at the collge and they said the college doesnt support ps3 but i cant see how thats true as i can use the browser

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 28 (13,404 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

grpow92 wrote:

I've been having this problem ever since i've started college

i've moved into halls and can't access the psn

i can use the internet browser but cant sign in to psn

i asked about it at the computer services at the collge and they said the college doesnt support ps3 but i cant see how thats true as i can use the browser

Colleges are a little different but they may have some sort of firewall or anti virus program they are using to stop the connection of your PS3.

Ras

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 28 (13,396 Views)
0 Kudos

I used to have that problem with mine.  What I ended up doing was setting my playstation to a static IP and then assigning that IP to the DMZ on the my router.  Never had any problems after that.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 28 (12,027 Views)
0 Kudos