Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: How Much Internet usage does Ps3 online use? per month..?

Adding to what Rastan has mentioned, the major thing that will affect your downloads is gonna be patches and game addons.

Seems like most people are playing Black OPS, each game update that has come out is larger than your average file and there are multiple versions so ppl end up downloading them twice etc so bam there goes your limit.

Easiest way to work out the rate, as mentioned do it between a set time and then check out your download history for each day or specific hours.

A lot of providers can now tell you how much was used on certain days or hours so that way you can pin point what exactly is chewing your bandwidth

Photobucket

Force no friend
Fear no foe
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 86 (17,584 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

How Much GB Does PS3 Online Waste Exactly!

How Much Does PSN Waste In 1 Month!
it use's  5GB a month thats constant playing so if you dont play much your probally going to waste 2.5GB - 3GB

How Much Does PSN Waste A Year!
it uses around 37GB a year on constant playing so if you dont play much prob 12GB - 15GB

xJordyBrahx (Jordan)

xJordyBrahx
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 86 (17,545 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

its impossible to calculate exactly as each user plays different games, and each game requires different amounts of data usage
Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 86 (17,541 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

xJordyBrahx

The term "waste" would not be appropriate for, well, pretty much any user. Especially given that it doesn't use a large amount (with regards to solely playing online)

-sbs

Please use plain text.
1 Kudos
Message 34 of 86 (17,533 Views)
1 Kudos

Playstation Staff

If I play online for 2 hours per day on a fps game (e.g battlefield 3) How much mb/gb will I of used in a month I'm currently on a 40gig cap (is that enough)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 86 (17,132 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Hey sohraab5,

It's impossible to tell you exactly how much you might use, as there are many factors contributing that we cannot know.

Suffice to say, 40GB for the average user for solely online play should be adequate.

The best way to check would be to check your usage prior to playing, play for an exact amount of time (1hr, 2hrs etc) - then check your usage after (bear in mind how often / when your ISP updates usage data) and see what the difference is, and then repeat this over two of three days to get an idea of your average usage.

-sbs

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 86 (17,109 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

How much Bandwidth does it take to Surf, Download Info for Cds, Facebook, etc

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 86 (16,636 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Not sure how you came across our forums mate.

Best check with your Internet Provider for info like that.

PS. Are you sure you mean Bandwidth? Or perhaps Download Quota?

Cheers

-sbs

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 86 (16,635 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I meant Download Qouta, i would think it only takes up a couple of Kilobytes, but it differ on How Many Tracks are on the Album? or by the Quality? I have a 45GB Cap/Month should be more than okay, but was curious to know How Much it uses up? I recently got a PS3 Slim for Christmas and i Signed up to the Sony Entertainment Network and i first found this Fourm by Googling my Question?

Thanks for Your Reply aswell

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 86 (16,620 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

The CDDB lookup (track information) for CDs (people still use CDs in this day and age?) is tiny. It is an insignificantly small text file when compared to your monthly quota. As for the Facebook updates, I have never measured the data, but I suspect that would be insignificant also.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 86 (16,584 Views)
0 Kudos