25 Sep 2011

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

psn error code 80710B23 plz help me

10 Replies 22,631 Views Created 25-09-2011

ok ive tried to sighn in to psn and it wont let me so i was thinking my internet went off coz it like doing that so i go check my router and the internet is on so i try agian doesant work so i google the error code and it seems to be ***** people off and i have a youtube and i need the ps3 and get matches but i cant if it wont work any help on fixing the error code 80710B23

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (22,631 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: psn error code 80710B23 plz help me

Hi pendadragon

Reviewing Error 80710B23

This relates to not being able to connect to the Internet due to network server timeout.

The issue could be caused by inputting incorrect information when setting up the network connection, temporary lag - which could be ISP related, or issues with WiFi.

Can you access the web through the PS3 browser?

Yes - You may need to look into port forwarding.

No - Keep reading.

When running through an Internet Connection Test (via Settings -> Network Settings) what are the results of "Obtain IP Address" and "Internet Connection"?

If Obtain IP Address is failed, check the connection between the modem and the PS3.

If Internet Connection fails, check settings within the modem and with your ISP.

You can also try power cycling (Turn off your modem and PS3, leave for 5 minutes).

Then, turn on your modem, once booted, turn on your PS3, and follow through the prompts under Settings -> System Settings -> Restore Default Settings.

-sbs

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (22,622 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

hi guys,

I also have had the same error code come up whilst trying to log into PSN.

I have also have had a similar error code...without the B in the code.

I have been online trying all different ways to rectify the problem but have had no luck...hence the reason why i am posting this message.

please help me!! i just got some Turtle Beach Delta Force Headphones and have not been able to get online to use them :'(

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (21,679 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

What replaces the B? Have you tried the above suggestions?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (21,673 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

same code........all connections are fine when test are done. i also have another account on the same system using the same router and can log on fine with that. i recently deactivated old systems then downloaded old content that may be the problem. if you got this messge after a deactivation please let me know. thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (21,391 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I'm getting the same problem but I deactivated old systems about a month ago, so not sure if it's that. Are you on Virgin? I have a feeling it's a problem at their end...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (21,172 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

nalla87,

What type of internet do you have?

If it's a USB Stick, we do not support it for the PlayStation 3.

CPL_Clerk

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (21,090 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

im having the same problem except i was in the middle of a online game when i was signed out and then the code came up, ive tried leaving the playstation off for a day and that didnt work, i tried reseting the modem, i can log in with my PSN on my sons playstation, but i can also log into his account from my ps3.. any suggestions? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (16,643 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

stupidbunnysuit wrote:

Hi pendadragon

Reviewing Error 80710B23

This relates to not being able to connect to the Internet due to network server timeout.

The issue could be caused by inputting incorrect information when setting up the network connection, temporary lag - which could be ISP related, or issues with WiFi.

Can you access the web through the PS3 browser?

Yes - You may need to look into port forwarding.

No - Keep reading.

When running through an Internet Connection Test (via Settings -> Network Settings) what are the results of "Obtain IP Address" and "Internet Connection"?

If Obtain IP Address is failed, check the connection between the modem and the PS3.

If Internet Connection fails, check settings within the modem and with your ISP.

You can also try power cycling (Turn off your modem and PS3, leave for 5 minutes).

Then, turn on your modem, once booted, turn on your PS3, and follow through the prompts under Settings -> System Settings -> Restore Default Settings.

-sbs

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (16,569 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have the same problem please tell me the solution

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (10,016 Views)
0 Kudos