13 Feb 2013
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Dragonborn DLC wont start

[ Edited ]
11 Replies 4,792 Views edited 13-02-2013

Howdy,

I've been eagerly awaiting the DLC. Its out, ive purchased and downlaoded it, i see it as an option in the "downloadable content" menu on the skyrim front page but nothing happens when i try to launch it.

Is anybody else having this issue?

help :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12 (4,792 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Dragonborn DLC wont start

I deleted skyrim, did a system update with the latest software, reinstalled skyrim, re-downloaded the DLC, launched Skyrim and when i get to the point dipicted in the image here, i can't go any further... Bloody frustrating... 

I press "X" or "START" or any other button try active and laod the Dragonborn add on which is visible there but it simply doesnt do anything.skyrim home screen furthest i can get

Any ideas would much appreciate it.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12 (4,776 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

Have a look at this : Skyrim: Dragonborn DLC - How To Start Playing - NowGamer

(xbox version but i presume its the same for PS3)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12 (4,770 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i sifted thrgouh my quest list and found that i have already completed "the horn of jurgen windcaller" quest

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12 (4,765 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

Did you try this part :

".......head to Windhelm and speak to Gjalund Salt-Sage. Doing this won't trigger the quest, but you can explore the area and Cultists can still approach you here.

He can be found by the docks of Windhelm (outside the actual town itself), working on one of the ships moored here. Speak to him and ask for a ride to Solstheim and the Dragonborn DLC quest will begin."

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (4,762 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

ahhhh riiiight... thanks Bathesda ... i just spent last couple 3 hours reinstalling software etc trying to work out why the add on woudln't "Launch"
idiot
Thanks for your help Moriarty... pity its now 6:30am and need to sleep!!!!

:smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12 (4,757 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Not sure what problem you were having, Special_K_Friend... I just stepped out of my house in Solitude and was almost immediately accosted by cult members, and the quest to get to Solstheim began.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12 (4,716 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

perfect!! thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12 (4,448 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have deleted skyrim, done a system update with the latest software, reinstalled skyrim, re-downloaded the DLC, launched Skyrim and when i get to the dowloadable content there is nothing there. I can not get the the Dragonborn to load, it is not visible.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (4,359 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have downloaded all three new add ons and installed them, but none of them appear in my skyrim downloadable content when I go into it. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (4,291 Views)
0 Kudos