Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

3.56 Hard Drive Upgrade Problem

370 Replies 13,117 Views Created 28-01-2011

I've got the exact same problem!

I updated the software this morning to 3.56 and my system works fine.  

My new hard drive came by UPS this afternoon and I installed it properly.

Seagate Momentus 500GB 5400 RPM. 

I checked its compatible with the PS3.

I created the USB with the proper folders PS3/UPDATE/ and put the update file I just downloaded from sony's website into it.  I press START and SELECT and it comes back with an error code.

It says "the data is corrupt"  (8002F225).    

I tried 4 different USB drives and have tried re downloading the update and it all leads back to the same place?

I just put my original HD back in and the system works fine.  The problem is with the update file posted on the Sony website.

I read somewhere that this same thing happened with the 3.41 update a while back.

Any Solutions yet??

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

DartDragon19

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DartDragon19
Accepted Solution

Just posting to say that It is now fixed as long as you have your old UNformatted HDD.

I got mine to work by

1. Put your old HDD in

2. Download the optional 3.56 Update Via internet or USB (its on the Support site)

3 (Optional). Back Up your Old HDD to a FAT32 Formatted External HDD

4. Put in your New HDD and a USB Stick with the new 3.56 on it.

5. Follow the on screen Instructions.

6. Restore your old data back on to your New HDD.

7. Voila IT WORKS

(Mine is restoring as we speak)

View solution in original post

Re: 3.56 Hard Drive Upgrade Problem

/16

REloaded666

57%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
REloaded666
Accepted Solution

no your ps3 has its own code if i made a backup of my ps3 yours will not read it   it will just tell you to format it cause it cant read it and if you have a upgraded HDD you DO NOT wanna use 3.56  

0 Kudos

/16

Juninho_Guara

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Juninho_Guara
Accepted Solution

If you have an upgraded HDD and still NOT updated to 3.56, you can update that it will work(update with your original HDD inside the console).

If you have updated to 3.56 BEFORE inseting the upgraded HDD and have formatted your orginal HDD, unfortunately it won't work and you are in the same boat as us.

0 Kudos

/16

CATANIA_X

76%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CATANIA_X
Accepted Solution

I reckon we have to wait until 3.60 is released....it will probs come out just before Killzone 3 and Marvel vs Capcom 3....So maybe one more week without PS3.

0 Kudos

/16

Davey-Jackmore

76%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Davey-Jackmore
Accepted Solution

one more week.......  :mansad:  the one good thing is my girlfriends brother has a PS3 and I been playing that with him but this makes my girlfriend angry off coz I'm not with her when I go to hers

so SONY u have messed up my PS3 and you are ruining my relationship

FIX THIS

(I I know u guys are thinking a guy who cares about getting his PS3 back this much has a girlfriend???) lol

0 Kudos

/16

Bazzziz

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Bazzziz
Accepted Solution

heres a website i thought people may find useful

it has the MD5 of every firmware released and release dates

http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php/Ps3OsRels

hopefully it will indicate when a new firmware is released without you having to download the PUP file yourself and checking the MD5

/16

Juninho_Guara

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Juninho_Guara
Accepted Solution

Bazzziz GREAT post!!!!

I will share with you guys my latest e-mails received:

Hello!

I'm not doubting about your aknowlege, but this is not true as I always used the US firmware and my system always worked fine. And I've played my ps3 with the US FW 3.56 (before my HDD brake) perfectly.
And I've tried the mexican FW and it still does't work. And the FW file in the US an MX website are exactly the same.(As MD5 and Hash files are the same)

Regards,

Luciano da Conceição Junior

================================================================================

Hello Luciano,

I appreciate your patience while assisting you with the trouble caused by your PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system not allowing you replace its hard disk drive. We are in the process of researching this issue for you. We will respond to you once we have completed this process. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Regards,
Richard K.

0 Kudos

/16

CATANIA_X

76%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CATANIA_X
Accepted Solution

I now doubt that a third version of 3.56 will be released....reason being that if they concentrate on a third version of 3.56 the next firmware (3.60 with cloud saving) might be delayed.

Its likely that they are fully testing 3.60 at the momment and have stopped all work on a 3.56 fix.

Especially as they would not benefit from this or any problem affecting the launch of Killzone 3 and Marvel vs Capcom 3.

p.s: Luciano, I appreciate your efforts in contacting Sony and then posting their reply on this forum.

0 Kudos

/16

Egrocbost

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Egrocbost
Accepted Solution

I don't worry if I have to wait one or two more weeks. The really problem is that our ps3 can be repaired.

Sony not pronunciates about problem, firm 3.60 will work throught USB update? This is the important question!

(Sorry for my english)

0 Kudos

/16

Bazzziz

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Bazzziz
Accepted Solution

at this time there is no way of knowing as to whether 3.60 will fix this issue. the problem lies in the fact that the faulty firmware is installed on the NAND is not letting the PS3 reinstall the firmware on the hard drive. the worse case senario is that the faulty firmware will not allow any firmware to be installed on the hard drive regardless of its version

if that is the case i expect Sony to admit its their fault and either fix/replace all of our PS3s free of charge

unfortunately we wont know this until Sony either officially responds or releases 3.60

0 Kudos

/16

JAY81UK

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JAY81UK
Accepted Solution
well id better hear something today otherwise im selling up. At least when the xbox fails, microsoft do something about it and help. Sony just keep denying stuff and telling me itl be sorted soon which isnt good enough after not having a working console for 8 days.
0 Kudos

/16

REloaded666

57%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
REloaded666
Accepted Solution
good luck with that sony is never going to step up and say yeah we messed up now whats more likely to happen is sony blameing the hackers those are the guys that you want go get em and yes it is somewhat the hackers falt but also sonys for not testing there stuff before they shove it out to us.....and its elither update or dont play online sony has us by the balls if we wanna play online
0 Kudos

/16

Bazzziz

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Bazzziz
Accepted Solution

again that only fixes the problem if you still have your original HDD intact

the people on here are those who DONT have their original HDD

please read through the posts thoroughly before posting next time

0 Kudos

/16

therock_0705

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
therock_0705
Accepted Solution

in other words, do not download the FW from the website, because you need to use the exact same PUP file that is installed in your PS3, not just the same version

0 Kudos

/16

therock_0705

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
therock_0705
Accepted Solution

oh i see nevermind then

0 Kudos

/16

imyourfather101

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
imyourfather101
Accepted Solution

does anyone know were you can still download the first version of the 3.56 firmware? Maybe if that version is put on a USB drive the PS3 will recognize that the firmware installed and the firmware on the drive are the same and you won't get ther error anymore. Just a theory...

0 Kudos

/16

imyourfather101

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
imyourfather101
Accepted Solution

nvm doesn't work, I guess me and a bunch of other people will just have to wait for the next firmware update, whenever that comes out... :Shame:

0 Kudos

/16

Juninho_Guara

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Juninho_Guara
Accepted Solution

Guys I'm afraid...

Imagine: We don't have the original working HDD, and our PS3 are with a bug that don't let we install any FW regardless it's version. So, how could this bug let we install the fix or maybe a upcoming FW 3.60 as the bug is still there?

0 Kudos

/16

Juninho_Guara

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Juninho_Guara
Accepted Solution

You know what is funny?

All topics which reffer about this issue are signed as SOLVED.

But I ask you: Where is the FIX that justify the "SOLVED"?

That's a nice joke Sony!!!

0 Kudos

/16

DEWOORD

54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DEWOORD
Accepted Solution

Guys, well same here.. As I stuggled on the internet for at least 6 days.. no juice either... I also contacted Sony in my home country (the Netherlands) but as some of you guys already noticed.."they're still workin on it" It's just like polictics, 85% has no problems and a minority cannot boot their PS3. So Sony doesnt give a F&*%.. lets get that straight. I wasnt doin anything illegal withmy PS3. After installing the 3.56, I backed up my data with the backup option in XMB, put it on my external HDD en formatted my internal PS3 HDD..after that my PS3 kept asking about the 3.56 FW. So got it on my USB and got the data error. Well I tried everything, but all the other options are just working when you have your original HDD or when you're still able to get to the XMB.So the 3.56 V2 isnt an option for me. I guess we just have to wait, till the next update. And hopefully (like some other comment in this thread) the next update can be installed within the recovery mode. Otherwise we're screwed..Because THAT is our problem, not able to install the 3.56 FW or higher. And to get into the factory mode, will only work when you're able to get into your XMB. But when we could do that, there was no reason to friggin post all our messages in this thread, wouldn' we? Great deal Sony, congratulations...

0 Kudos

/16

DEWOORD

54%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DEWOORD
Accepted Solution

Meu irmão..

Muito legal.... well I just called the helpdesk in my country (Holland) and they said the same thing, they are aware of the bug in 3.56...and they are still working on it. So we can be sure the new update WILL lets us install it within our recovery mode. Thats the only way for us. No other choices available..I also intented that they have to put a note on their official site and warn people about this 3.56 bug, when you're PS3 HDD craches or when you change your HDD with a new one and you format your original HDD. You;re screwed big time. So the new firmware should override the warning in 3.56 and let us install it from our USB drives. There is just no other way!

0 Kudos

/16

Darksanity-Dean

38%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Darksanity-Dean
Accepted Solution

Are the problems being posted in this thread regarding the firmware 3.56v1, or 3.56v2 ?

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel