Level 2

Re: 3.56 Hard Drive Upgrade Problem

If you have an upgraded HDD and still NOT updated to 3.56, you can update that it will work(update with your original HDD inside the console).

If you have updated to 3.56 BEFORE inseting the upgraded HDD and have formatted your orginal HDD, unfortunately it won't work and you are in the same boat as us.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 131 of 371 (2,281 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I reckon we have to wait until 3.60 is released....it will probs come out just before Killzone 3 and Marvel vs Capcom 3....So maybe one more week without PS3.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 132 of 371 (2,258 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

one more week.......  :mansad:  the one good thing is my girlfriends brother has a PS3 and I been playing that with him but this makes my girlfriend angry off coz I'm not with her when I go to hers

so SONY u have messed up my PS3 and you are ruining my relationship

FIX THIS

(I I know u guys are thinking a guy who cares about getting his PS3 back this much has a girlfriend???) lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 133 of 371 (2,220 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

heres a website i thought people may find useful

it has the MD5 of every firmware released and release dates

http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php/Ps3OsRels

hopefully it will indicate when a new firmware is released without you having to download the PUP file yourself and checking the MD5

Please use plain text.
Message 134 of 371 (2,216 Views)
Level 2

Bazzziz GREAT post!!!!

I will share with you guys my latest e-mails received:

Hello!

I'm not doubting about your aknowlege, but this is not true as I always used the US firmware and my system always worked fine. And I've played my ps3 with the US FW 3.56 (before my HDD brake) perfectly.
And I've tried the mexican FW and it still does't work. And the FW file in the US an MX website are exactly the same.(As MD5 and Hash files are the same)

Regards,

Luciano da Conceição Junior

================================================================================

Hello Luciano,

I appreciate your patience while assisting you with the trouble caused by your PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system not allowing you replace its hard disk drive. We are in the process of researching this issue for you. We will respond to you once we have completed this process. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Regards,
Richard K.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 135 of 371 (2,190 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I now doubt that a third version of 3.56 will be released....reason being that if they concentrate on a third version of 3.56 the next firmware (3.60 with cloud saving) might be delayed.

Its likely that they are fully testing 3.60 at the momment and have stopped all work on a 3.56 fix.

Especially as they would not benefit from this or any problem affecting the launch of Killzone 3 and Marvel vs Capcom 3.

p.s: Luciano, I appreciate your efforts in contacting Sony and then posting their reply on this forum.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 136 of 371 (2,056 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I don't worry if I have to wait one or two more weeks. The really problem is that our ps3 can be repaired.

Sony not pronunciates about problem, firm 3.60 will work throught USB update? This is the important question!

(Sorry for my english)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 137 of 371 (2,036 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

at this time there is no way of knowing as to whether 3.60 will fix this issue. the problem lies in the fact that the faulty firmware is installed on the NAND is not letting the PS3 reinstall the firmware on the hard drive. the worse case senario is that the faulty firmware will not allow any firmware to be installed on the hard drive regardless of its version

if that is the case i expect Sony to admit its their fault and either fix/replace all of our PS3s free of charge

unfortunately we wont know this until Sony either officially responds or releases 3.60

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 138 of 371 (2,003 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

well id better hear something today otherwise im selling up. At least when the xbox fails, microsoft do something about it and help. Sony just keep denying stuff and telling me itl be sorted soon which isnt good enough after not having a working console for 8 days.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 139 of 371 (1,987 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

good luck with that sony is never going to step up and say yeah we messed up now whats more likely to happen is sony blameing the hackers those are the guys that you want go get em and yes it is somewhat the hackers falt but also sonys for not testing there stuff before they shove it out to us.....and its elither update or dont play online sony has us by the balls if we wanna play online
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 140 of 371 (2,167 Views)
0 Kudos