19 Jun 2010
By opy211

Playstation Staff

3D Doesn't work (and yes I have a 3D TV and glasses and all other non-PS3 3D content works)

9 Replies 10,975 Views Created 19-06-2010

I've just downloaded the 3D game pack - 3 full games and Motor Storm Pacific Rift Demo.  Tried the demo first, and no 3D functionality - the "Play in 3D" option is greyed out.

Have tried PAIN now and got the same problem... installed the 3D patch, have the 3D environments available, but nowhere to "switch on" 3D mode.

I have a Samsung 3D LED TV, everything is connected by HDMI, and 3D content works from my blu-ray player, TiVo etc all of which are connected the same way with the same cords.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (10,975 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: 3D Doesn't work (and yes I have a 3D TV and glasses and all other non-PS3 3D content works)

have you turned 3D on on the PS3 itself?

from memory, XMB, settings, video, select HDMI and it should prompt you to enable 3D

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (10,968 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: 3D Doesn't work (and yes I have a 3D TV and glasses and all other non-PS3 3D content works)

Yeah, I choose HDMI and it shows me all the output resolutions - but doesn't say anything about 3D.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (10,953 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

At least that explains why in the game options Re greyed kit then. But I have no idea why the xmb option isn't appearing.

Guessing that the ps3 isn't rcognising your tv as being 3d capable - could be the tv, or the hdmi lead I guess.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (10,946 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

UPDATE - took my Yamaha RXV3900 out of the loop and plugged the PS3 directly into the TV and it recognises it as 3D.

Problem - have my AV components in a cabinet nowhere near the TV and only 1 HDMI connection going through the ceiling to the TV - so as a pratical matter I have to run all my components through the receiver.

Any ideas why the receiver won't transmit a 3D signal from the PS3?  It doesn't have any problem sending it from my TiVo.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (10,945 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

PS3 detects the 3D capability through the HDMI cable (only when set to Auto) so it has to be plugged directly into the TV.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (10,937 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Guessing the ps3 isn't recognising the amp as being 3d enabled

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (10,924 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I was having a similar problem.  As I couldn't get the PS3 to recognize the 3D display while using my 1.3a HDMI Yamaha (1065) AVR.

After connecting the PS3 directly to the adapter (3DC-1000) the PS3 detected the 3d dispaly.

I was later able to hook back up the yamaha 1.3 to switch hdmi and most importantly have HD audio codecs.

More info here:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General-Discussion/PS3-3D-with-Mitsubishi-3DC-1...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (10,772 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

You have to go to settings... display options....go through the setup of output resolution again ...this time chose Automatic...then it should chose 1080p and select yest... then you will see it will show 1080p 3D and 720p 3D as well.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (9,936 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hey, found this while searching for a solution to my own ps3 not detecting my 3dtv, and the solution I found was to turn the ps3 off, then turn it on via the button on the console but hold it in for 5-6 secs til you hear a beep. This is the process of resetting the output of the ps3 (usually for switching from hdmi out to av out) but when I did this it recognised my tv as 3d, perhaps if you use the same process through your system it might work.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (8,681 Views)
0 Kudos