02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

5 PS3's activated, please deactivate...

31 Replies 5,638 Views Created 06-04-2010

Hey, so i was playing fine a week ago and then my old 60gb YLODed (RIP)

I got my new 250gb today, tried to sign in and got  on fine. when i tried to download my DLC and Games from the PSN download list it said i had 5 systems activated.

I gave my details to friends who wanted the games, but they have all since had their PS3s die, or have not got them anymore.

I am wondering if there is anyway of deactivating my Dead PS3, which is now in the shop, in it's box. I do not, however have any access to it, so i can't get the serial number, or other information on the PS3 itself

Thanks in Advance,

Ghillie

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution

What you have done is commonly known as "gamesharing" - which is a big no-no :(

And what you have now run up against is the fact that ONLY Sony would be able to deactivate your accounts - but because you "game shared", they won't.

Unfortunately for you, this means kissing goodbye to your DLC.

And your save games.

And trophies.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: 5 PS3's activated, please deactivate...

[ Edited ]

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution

What you have done is commonly known as "gamesharing" - which is a big no-no :(

And what you have now run up against is the fact that ONLY Sony would be able to deactivate your accounts - but because you "game shared", they won't.

Unfortunately for you, this means kissing goodbye to your DLC.

And your save games.

And trophies.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

/16

GhillieGuy93

39%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GhillieGuy93
Accepted Solution

is that it? They won't do anything? Even though a fault in their product has caused me to lose out on money?

Just seems a little, i dunno, convenient ;)

0 Kudos

/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution
unfortunately, it's the price to pay for not adhering to the Terms and Conditions.
0 Kudos

/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution
PS

please note that game sharing, by giving your account details to a 'mate' can lead to your account being banned.
Although that might not affect you, as you can't get at it anymore anyway.

But just so you know not to (and why not to) do it in the future.
http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=1260
0 Kudos

/16

GhillieGuy93

39%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GhillieGuy93
Accepted Solution

cheers, guess i will keep stuff for myself in future, thanks mate

0 Kudos

/16

GRAYO

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GRAYO
Accepted Solution

Does anybody know the correct phone number to contact sony so i can get them to deactivate all ps3s with my account on them, as ive just bought a 250gb slim and cant download anything till ive deactivated my other accounts.  any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos

/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution
Playstation Customer Service Number UK:0844 7360595 Eire:0818 365 065 New Zealand: 09 415 2447

But they will only deactivate ones which have been sent back to them as dead...
0 Kudos

/16

GRAYO

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GRAYO
Accepted Solution

Thanks TT, i should be ok as all of my ps3 consoles have died on me and ive never activated my account on any other systems.

0 Kudos

/16

GRAYO

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GRAYO
Accepted Solution

Looks like i spoke too soon, just rang them and they said ive got to provide evidence of when and where i purchased my ps3 systems ie reciepts. i told them i havent got them any more,  so ive been told the issue has to go to head office for a decision to be made. the advisor i spoke to said it was unlikely i would get a reset

So now ive got to wait 48hrs for somebody to decide wether to rip me off or not for over a 100 pounds worth of downloaded  games and add ons.  cant even see how this should even be a problem for them.  nice service after spending nearly a thousand pounds on consoles alone over the years,  never mind any games as well.   feels great waiting for somebody to decide wether i get a reset or not, wouldnt feel as bad if it was my fault this has happened,  but as usual sony blames the customer.

0 Kudos

/16

rich1992

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rich1992
Accepted Solution
Shame really. I have my account on 5. 3 of them PS3s have died. my mates is activated and mine. I have been trying to deactive or but no look. I have just found out that i can't but i have purchased alot of stuff so i don't really want to make a new account just got myself to blame :(
0 Kudos

/16

CNeedham

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CNeedham
Accepted Solution

I had several dead PS3s last year and simply rang them up and the guy reset all 5 for me. Might have to do it again soon as PS3s are dying left right and centre round here. From the sound of it, i just got lucky with the guy I was on the phone to. Sorry to hear people are being told to sod off.

0 Kudos

/16

SNAKE_15

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SNAKE_15
Accepted Solution
That is not fair I only use my account on different Ps3 when I go to my friends house but their Ps3 have broke
0 Kudos

/16

SNAKE_15

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SNAKE_15
Accepted Solution
My friend on Psn he got to reset his account by sony so I think I might be able to because I have A good reason
0 Kudos

/16

selthedon

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
selthedon
Accepted Solution

I'm having the same issue with SCEE too. 

4 days ago I moved abroad and bought my 6th PS3, I've tried downloading the DLC that I have purchased from the store and I get the same message,  Sony in their infinite wisdom have not bothered to read my email and asked me to ring an 0844 number, which is not accessible from outside of the UK.

I've legitimately sold the other 2 PS3s that I've had - as well as 2 breaking on me and I've left my 40 gig with my 5 year old niece (who happens to LOVE wipeOut HD) and I'm not deactivating that because she is using it with my account. I have no receipts and do not know where the other PS3's are.

I've fired them back another email explaining that I cannot access the 0844 number and to see if there's any other way of deactivating the broken or sold PS3's.

I'll keep you all updated.

0 Kudos

/16

selthedon

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
selthedon
Accepted Solution

Well I got my email just now, this is what it reads.

Hi Selcuk,

With regard to your recent contact with PlayStation Support surrounding your PlayStation Network account.
The maximum number of PS3's that your PSN account can be associated with at any one time is 5. The reason we allow accounts to be active on up to 5 PS3 systems is so that you may continue to access your PSN account on a replacement console should you be unlucky enough to require one.

It is very unlikely that you'd ever require 5 exchanges so performing resets are very rare, and as mentioned, only requested upon an account reaching the maximum of 5 associated PS3 systems.
As our records do not show that you have had to exchange your PS3 system through our Support Team on 5 occasions, we will not be able to request an authorised console limit reset.

I trust that this information is useful. Should you have any further hardware related queries please contact PlayStation Support on 0844 736 0595, quoting reference 2435715, where a member of our team will be happy to assist you.

So basically what they're saying is that because I never sent my five previous PS3s to be exchanged they're not deactivating any other of my accounts.  Do they not read my emails? I told them two had broke and because they were out of warranty  I THREW THEM IN THE BIN and the other two I SOLD ON. 

If Sony made it very clear that the Playstations had to be deactivated then I'd have done it before I sold the others on, I find this an insulting way to treat customers who have spent thousands and upon thousands of pounds on Sony products (don't forget, I'm on my 6th PS3 alone, let alone the other Sony electronics that I've purchased over the years) and now I can't even download games that I've legitmately paid for. 

This is a joke and I'm not finished yet. I'm taking the matter further.

EDIT: Yet again they've gave me an 0844 number to ring if I have a problem, even though they know I can't ring it because I am abroad!  Good one Sony 'Customer Service', you've really outdone yourselves this time.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

JOHNY--BRAVO

89%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JOHNY--BRAVO
Accepted Solution

Its pretty lame the way they wont reset them, ive changed my hard drive which wipes everything and i would think will be classed as a different acount and am now trying to sort a ylod which will be classed as another then if that does not last as im sure it wont but am mainly trying to recover game save data il buy a new one which will be classed as a new acount again, the way these ps3s fail, my nephews on his 3rd im sure five accounts can be easily used up. as when you have problems their is no way of deactivating your system

0 Kudos

/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution

JOHNY--BRAVO wrote:

Its pretty lame the way they wont reset them, ive changed my hard drive which wipes everything and i would think will be classed as a different acount and am now trying to sort a ylod which will be classed as another then if that does not last as im sure it wont but am mainly trying to recover game save data il buy a new one which will be classed as a new acount again, the way these ps3s fail, my nephews on his 3rd im sure five accounts can be easily used up. as when you have problems their is no way of deactivating your system

Changing Hard Drives does NOT count as an extra activation :)

Fixinf a YLOD - depends on how / if you fix it - basically if you can get the PS3 back to life long enough to connect to PSN and deactivate the account you are sorted :)

The new one WILL count as a new activation.

0 Kudos

/16

JOHNY--BRAVO

89%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JOHNY--BRAVO
Accepted Solution
cheers for that i thought changing hard drives would be classed as one account each time as its completely new , but thats good news that it is not, i also thought after ylod everything would be wiped causing another life but fortunately all i had to do was reset clock and everything was back to normal even though the internal battery was disconnected and hard drive removed, so if the above comment is true and i have no reason to doubt it i must still be on my 1st life as i would be really miffed if i lost dlc that i had paid for and the ***** machines that had failed through no fault of mine
0 Kudos

/16

immergingvirus

59%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
immergingvirus
Accepted Solution

just spoke to playstation fantastice call if you go to http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/gb/  sign in with your account email and password click account then left hand side you click media and devices then you will see 4 boxes video,music,games,comics click on games and it will come up deactivate all this will clear anything activated on your psn account as in previous ps3 and psp you forgot to deactivate

hope this helps

0 Kudos

/16

immergingvirus

59%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
immergingvirus
Accepted Solution

check out my post earlier 

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel