39%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

5 PS3's activated, please deactivate...

31 Replies 5,699 Views Created 06-04-2010
06 Apr 2010
By GhillieGuy93

Hey, so i was playing fine a week ago and then my old 60gb YLODed (RIP)

I got my new 250gb today, tried to sign in and got  on fine. when i tried to download my DLC and Games from the PSN download list it said i had 5 systems activated.

I gave my details to friends who wanted the games, but they have all since had their PS3s die, or have not got them anymore.

I am wondering if there is anyway of deactivating my Dead PS3, which is now in the shop, in it's box. I do not, however have any access to it, so i can't get the serial number, or other information on the PS3 itself

Thanks in Advance,

Ghillie

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
TTDegs
Accepted Solution

What you have done is commonly known as "gamesharing" - which is a big no-no :(

And what you have now run up against is the fact that ONLY Sony would be able to deactivate your accounts - but because you "game shared", they won't.

Unfortunately for you, this means kissing goodbye to your DLC.

And your save games.

And trophies.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: 5 PS3's activated, please deactivate...

[ Edited ]

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

immergingvirus

59%
02 Rank
Progress
immergingvirus
Accepted Solution

check out my post previous

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

NiTR0--X_

24%
02 Rank
Progress
NiTR0--X_
Accepted Solution

Would this delete your download list and have to buy everything again though? Or would you just have to re install it?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

fi8767

96%
09 Rank
Progress
fi8767
Accepted Solution
It would just de-activate them on the PS3 they are not activated on so you can't use them on it.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

immergingvirus

59%
02 Rank
Progress
immergingvirus
Accepted Solution

good luck with that didnt work for me

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

WooPxParKiNz_V2

21%
02 Rank
Progress
WooPxParKiNz_V2
Accepted Solution

I have had 3 Ps3's and due to their faults all have broke over the years I have read what you've put but my brother has an account of mine and i have on my new ps3 which was to replace the broken ones I have DLC's and also will not let me re-download them I have access to my brothers is there anything I can do so I can have my DLC's and games back? I have read what you've but before but this wasnt game sharing.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

immergingvirus

59%
02 Rank
Progress
immergingvirus
Accepted Solution

just spoke to playstation fantastic call if you go to http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/gb/  sign in with your account email and password click account then left hand side you click media and devices then you will see 4 boxes video,music,games,comics click on games and it will come up deactivate all this will clear anything activated on your psn account as in previous ps3 and psp you forgot to deactivate

hope this helps

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

immergingvirus

59%
02 Rank
Progress
immergingvirus
Accepted Solution

over the years i have had numerous psp connected to my ps3 and i have either passed them on or sold them,so now when i go to download £197 worth of games that i have bought on another psp it states that i cannot as i need to de-activate the ones i already have which duh are gone so i have spoke to sony playstation to which they replied sony cannot be held responsible if you buy a psp on ebay and you have not deactivated the old ones all they could give me was an answer which is genius set up a new account so if i did and re downloaded them it would now cost me just short of £300 and where does that money go oh back to sony playstation,all i can say is at least ***** Turpin wore a mask when he robbed people

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

immergingvirus

59%
02 Rank
Progress
immergingvirus
Accepted Solution

if you need to call Sony again try 01923 476426 instead of the 0844 number at least then you wont get robbed both ways

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

alzy1982

26%
02 Rank
Progress
alzy1982
Accepted Solution

Im having exactly the same problem. I revert back to PS3 after 6 months of xbox360. I then buy the MW2 map packs and only after I have paid do they tell me my 5 activated systems are. 4 being my old dead ones (which I never knew about deactivating. Way to go SONY!) and one was when I played on a friends PS3 which ended up with the YLOD. SO no game sharing and also ripped off for £20 odd quid. Thanks SONY. I do believe this would be a great case for Trading Standards as the whole activation issue should be made very clear to start with and they should do a check before any money is charged when the system isnt activated.

Still have the Xbox360 so I guess my money is going to be better spent with Microsoft

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

xXdogpuncherXx

21%
02 Rank
Progress
xXdogpuncherXx
Accepted Solution

yea so i got a ps3 the day it came out and that YLOD on me . so during the time period i had no ps3 i activated my account on friends ps3s and played off them . i have done no "Gamesharing" but im not sure if my friends did download anything from my account or not . ok my ps3 ylod and 2 of my friends ps3s ylod AND MY psp but i deactivated it but still no sign of downloading items is avalable i recently bought crash bandicoot games of the store but now i cant download them. . after numerious trys of downloading it i got a messeage saying "error has occured during the install operation (80029780)"

what does this mean and can i get my cod maps and games back ????

please reply soon

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
TTDegs
Accepted Solution
Only Sony direct can help you here I'm afraid - you'll need to give them a ring and explain what has happened.

Although I'm not entirely sure that the download issue is directly connected to the account activation issue, as that probably wouldn't have let you sign in to buy the pack in the first place.
0 Kudos

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel