Playstation Staff

Re: 5 PS3's activated, please deactivate...

I'm having the same issue with SCEE too. 

4 days ago I moved abroad and bought my 6th PS3, I've tried downloading the DLC that I have purchased from the store and I get the same message,  Sony in their infinite wisdom have not bothered to read my email and asked me to ring an 0844 number, which is not accessible from outside of the UK.

I've legitimately sold the other 2 PS3s that I've had - as well as 2 breaking on me and I've left my 40 gig with my 5 year old niece (who happens to LOVE wipeOut HD) and I'm not deactivating that because she is using it with my account. I have no receipts and do not know where the other PS3's are.

I've fired them back another email explaining that I cannot access the 0844 number and to see if there's any other way of deactivating the broken or sold PS3's.

I'll keep you all updated.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 32 (1,656 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Well I got my email just now, this is what it reads.

Hi Selcuk,

With regard to your recent contact with PlayStation Support surrounding your PlayStation Network account.
The maximum number of PS3's that your PSN account can be associated with at any one time is 5. The reason we allow accounts to be active on up to 5 PS3 systems is so that you may continue to access your PSN account on a replacement console should you be unlucky enough to require one.

It is very unlikely that you'd ever require 5 exchanges so performing resets are very rare, and as mentioned, only requested upon an account reaching the maximum of 5 associated PS3 systems.
As our records do not show that you have had to exchange your PS3 system through our Support Team on 5 occasions, we will not be able to request an authorised console limit reset.

I trust that this information is useful. Should you have any further hardware related queries please contact PlayStation Support on 0844 736 0595, quoting reference 2435715, where a member of our team will be happy to assist you.

So basically what they're saying is that because I never sent my five previous PS3s to be exchanged they're not deactivating any other of my accounts.  Do they not read my emails? I told them two had broke and because they were out of warranty  I THREW THEM IN THE BIN and the other two I SOLD ON. 

If Sony made it very clear that the Playstations had to be deactivated then I'd have done it before I sold the others on, I find this an insulting way to treat customers who have spent thousands and upon thousands of pounds on Sony products (don't forget, I'm on my 6th PS3 alone, let alone the other Sony electronics that I've purchased over the years) and now I can't even download games that I've legitmately paid for. 

This is a joke and I'm not finished yet. I'm taking the matter further.

EDIT: Yet again they've gave me an 0844 number to ring if I have a problem, even though they know I can't ring it because I am abroad!  Good one Sony 'Customer Service', you've really outdone yourselves this time.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 32 (1,623 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Its pretty lame the way they wont reset them, ive changed my hard drive which wipes everything and i would think will be classed as a different acount and am now trying to sort a ylod which will be classed as another then if that does not last as im sure it wont but am mainly trying to recover game save data il buy a new one which will be classed as a new acount again, the way these ps3s fail, my nephews on his 3rd im sure five accounts can be easily used up. as when you have problems their is no way of deactivating your system

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 32 (1,599 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

JOHNY--BRAVO wrote:

Its pretty lame the way they wont reset them, ive changed my hard drive which wipes everything and i would think will be classed as a different acount and am now trying to sort a ylod which will be classed as another then if that does not last as im sure it wont but am mainly trying to recover game save data il buy a new one which will be classed as a new acount again, the way these ps3s fail, my nephews on his 3rd im sure five accounts can be easily used up. as when you have problems their is no way of deactivating your system

Changing Hard Drives does NOT count as an extra activation :smileyhappy:

Fixinf a YLOD - depends on how / if you fix it - basically if you can get the PS3 back to life long enough to connect to PSN and deactivate the account you are sorted :smileyhappy:

The new one WILL count as a new activation.

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 32 (1,546 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

cheers for that i thought changing hard drives would be classed as one account each time as its completely new , but thats good news that it is not, i also thought after ylod everything would be wiped causing another life but fortunately all i had to do was reset clock and everything was back to normal even though the internal battery was disconnected and hard drive removed, so if the above comment is true and i have no reason to doubt it i must still be on my 1st life as i would be really miffed if i lost dlc that i had paid for and the ***** machines that had failed through no fault of mine
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 32 (1,525 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have had 3 Ps3's and due to their faults all have broke over the years I have read what you've put but my brother has an account of mine and i have on my new ps3 which was to replace the broken ones I have DLC's and also will not let me re-download them I have access to my brothers is there anything I can do so I can have my DLC's and games back? I have read what you've but before but this wasnt game sharing.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 32 (837 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

just spoke to playstation fantastic call if you go to http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/gb/  sign in with your account email and password click account then left hand side you click media and devices then you will see 4 boxes video,music,games,comics click on games and it will come up deactivate all this will clear anything activated on your psn account as in previous ps3 and psp you forgot to deactivate

hope this helps

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 32 (713 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

just spoke to playstation fantastice call if you go to http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/gb/  sign in with your account email and password click account then left hand side you click media and devices then you will see 4 boxes video,music,games,comics click on games and it will come up deactivate all this will clear anything activated on your psn account as in previous ps3 and psp you forgot to deactivate

hope this helps

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 32 (712 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

check out my post earlier 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 32 (710 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

check out my post previous

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 32 (709 Views)
0 Kudos