By pikechamp

pikechamp

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

BLACK OP'S broke MY PS3!! FURIOUS!!!! ANy one else???

[ Edited ]
118 Replies 4,266 Views edited 21-11-2010

Since I purchased Call of Duty Black Ops the game has been lagging,
taking ages to load, failing to connect to the host which caused loss
of connection to the host, ending my game play. Also, my PS3 has
never crashed. However, since playing Black Ops it has crashed 5+
times. When I restart the PS3 it cannot read ANY discs DVD/CD/bluray
(PS3 games). So I left it until; the next day and retried again it
read the disc, crashed again, so I restarted it again , no disc read
of any game. Left it again for about 12 hours, the disc was visible
on the PS3 start menu but this time it gave me the following error
code; 80010514 and told me to check the disc for scratches, dirt etc
then to reinsert disc, if no joy try another disc, again if no joy
ask for assistance. I read on the internet that a restore to default
settings may help, THIS DID NOT CURE THE PROBLEM. I have been on the
internet and it seems that other gamers are experiencing similar
problems. PLEASE HELP.

so therefore i am going to be creating a group on facebook if you have the same problem feel free to join please !!

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

PaulTheRebel

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PaulTheRebel
Accepted Solution

Aaw Man! i know how you feel it broke mine, stupid game broke MY PS3! I payed 40 pound for something to break my Ps3?

I posted on another thread and someone had the same probelm we need a new Blu Ray Reader..

0 Kudos

BLACK OP'S broke MY PS3!! FURIOUS!!!! ANy one else???

[ Edited ]
/16

fastandloud

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fastandloud
Accepted Solution

black ops's has broken mine to and my mates broke two days ago, i have  never had a problem with my ps3 until i played black op's its been frezzing and turning off on its own and i have had an error code to, and this morning i turned my console on and it turned its self off now i have a flashing red light,

0 Kudos

Re: BLACK OP'S broke MY PS3!! FURIOUS!!!! ANy one else???

Award Winner
/16

FIGHTFULL

• Award Winner
91%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FIGHTFULL
Accepted Solution
OMG I have exactly the same!!
My ps3 froze while loading a game.
I restarted my ps3 and now my ps3 doenst even recognize my disc sometimes and when it does it freezes on loading screens.
0 Kudos

/16

ErnieF78

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ErnieF78
Accepted Solution

I'm having the exact same 80010514 problem with Black Ops.  So far Sony say it is Activisions programming at fault (as Black Ops is the only game it happens with), but yet Activision are squarely pinning the blame on dodgy Blue Ray Drives that Sony put in the Slim PS3s?? 

That is no good to me, as I'm stuck in the middle, with a near expired warranty, with no resolution to the problem, which meant I basically paid £40 for my PS3 to be busted?!

I've tried system reset, Re-installed firmware and took the disc back to the shop to be swapped.  none of these resolved this.  If anyone finds a solution, please post it for us many who are basically screwed.

0 Kudos

/16

pikechamp

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pikechamp
Accepted Solution
Yer my warranty has expired, and is not a slimline ps3 mines is a Fat ps3 80Gb and broken not reading any discs? Grrr

And i emphasise no problems until black ops!!!!
0 Kudos

/16

pikechamp

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pikechamp
Accepted Solution

How about we all contact trading standards, since it is too coincidental that we all have this problem!!

0 Kudos

/16

fastandloud

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fastandloud
Accepted Solution

I have contacted trading standards this morning, They said get in touch with Sony I did that but they are no help at all there just more interested in getting the money out of you for another console, something needs to be done about this issue .

0 Kudos

/16

PaulTheRebel

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PaulTheRebel
Accepted Solution

I Agree.

Something does need to be done,I'm going to contact Treyarch today see what they have to say..

Then i'll make my move from there.

0 Kudos

/16

TARTAN_ARMY_72

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TARTAN_ARMY_72
Accepted Solution
Totally agree but it would take everyone on this forum to do so as one or two will fall on deaf ears but if they got calls from everyone they would have no choice but to deal with it as at the end of the day, we have rights.
0 Kudos

Tartan_army_72
/16

kaiser_dh

36%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kaiser_dh
Accepted Solution

Guys I have had the problem for about a month or 2 now. It was fine for about a week, then my PS3 made a really loud sound like a vaccum cleaner or summin, or like it was scratching the disk, then one match... woosh game freezes. I turn of the ps3 w8 til next day try again worked.... freezes at the end of one match. So i try other games, such as MW2... disk not reading. So i take BO back to gamestation, and they say that it is cos i scratched the disk, so gave me a replacement. Took the new copy back same problem, they said its my ps3, my m8 who is gd with that stuff, says my ps3 is fine, and that the problem behind all of our ps3/BO problems is.....

BO is S**T coding. They didnt check the game b4 release, they just released it ASAP to try and make as much cash as posible. So im gunna write/email Treyarch and complain. Belive it or not, SONY is inoccent its not the blu ray readers its the GAME!!!! So give SONY a break and moan at Treyach, its their fault.

0 Kudos

/16

Leonhurt

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Leonhurt
Accepted Solution

Bought black ops 2 days ago. Yesterday my ps3 decided to freeze constantly while playing black ops. I turned off the machine in frustration and upon the next start, the ps3 was unable to read any disks.

There was a youtube link on page 3 of this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLiX4j2M3o

This did fix my problem, HOWEVER if you have not backed up your ps3, you will lose any saved data you had. I followed the steps in the video and restored my system via the PS3's hidden repair menu. A small price to pay for my ps3 actually working I guess.

Edit: It seemed my problem was purely software related. The only new addition to my system prior to the problem was, in fact, the black ops install and patch data. I can't speak for the rest of you, but my issue WAS NOT hardware related.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

URBAN_MANC

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
URBAN_MANC
Accepted Solution

kaiser_dh wrote:
So give SONY a break and moan at Treyach, its their fault.

Sony have a part to play, they should be protecting their customers from cowboy outfits like Treyarch.

Once there were known issues with the game Sony should have initiated an investigation into the problem and then warned customers, they could also have considered legal action against Treyarch and Activision should they have been found culpable.

0 Kudos

/16

bronno123

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bronno123
Accepted Solution

Does anyone have any idea as to what can be done about the PROBLEM?

I am desperate, I have spent £200 on games for the PS3 for Xmas for my kids....I do not have anything left to repair a broken PS3. I have had no problems prior to Black Ops, which cost me £40...For the first two weeks, we were experiencing game freezes which had never happened before, these became more frequent until yesterday....now my kids PS3 is not recognising any discs. My son formatted the HD and lost all our downloaded PSN games....to no avail, same problem. I can't believe so many people can be experiencing the same problem and there is no answer?  As soon as someone knows how to fix this...PLEASE POST ANSWER A.S.A.P........I am currently doing a full format (18 hours). I got myself in to debt to get my kids all the games they wanted for Xmas and they are not able to play a single one! Somebody needs to answer for this! On the plus side, I guess I will be saving on Little Big Planet 2....no point in buying the game if your PS3 is FRIED!

0 Kudos

/16

WolvesDeak

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WolvesDeak
Accepted Solution

It bricked my system this morning, im 99% sure of it.

Surely sony should be investigating???!?!

0 Kudos

/16

bronno123

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bronno123
Accepted Solution

I phoned Sony this morning, the person I spoke to said they had received no complaints about Black Ops and software could not do to my PS3 what I was telling him had happened. They will send me a refurbished PS3 for £130...........Our PS3 was PERFECT before Black Ops!!!!!! How can we all band together to make Sony and Treyarch Pay?

0 Kudos

/16

URBAN_MANC

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
URBAN_MANC
Accepted Solution

bronno123 wrote:

I phoned Sony this morning, the person I spoke to said they had received no complaints about Black Ops and software could not do to my PS3 what I was telling him had happened.

They are lying .

From what I've been told, poor coding can cause hardware to suffer excessively, there's also the issue of how to safely power down the console once the game freezes, I've yet to hear any official method that wont risk HDD damage.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

WolvesDeak

34%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WolvesDeak
Accepted Solution

From what ive heard (dont take cpu numbers as a quote as im not 100% sure of them)

Blacks ops was built for the xbox, period. It was tested on this console, internally, and in the beta.

The xbox runs with one 512 chip, black ops utilises it all.

The ps3 uses two chips, two 256 chips, due to the way it has been PORTED, it is only using one chip, obviously, this is going to cause problems.

It happens on PC also, you have to force it to use more than one chip! my friend had a quad core, and it wasnt being utilised at all.

Black ops ps3 is unfortunately, nothing more than a BETA! we are the testers, treyarc have even admitted they had to rush the release to please activision!

I cant be fixed i dont believe, bad programming!

I believe its being ignored, as it will open up one hella massive can of worms!

My theory, but surely activision is damaging the sony brand, by having a game running far better on the main rival system!

Imagine the the lawsuits, and counter lawsuits being launched if it was all acted upon, in the end i think the gamer would lose out even worse, shame but true. Yes i appreciate its my view and ill happily listen to others. I also believe its disgusting treyarch and activision can get away with releasing a broken game.

0 Kudos

/16

bronno123

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bronno123
Accepted Solution

Just finished a day of formatting the HDD (full)....the joy when it seemed to have worked, the kids put in an older game and we had decided not to play Black Oops again. My son could not contain himself and had to play MW2 (although I had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach...am very anti COD at the minute)...

downloaded updates, into the game ....5 minutes and FROZEN!

PS3 back to not recognising Discs and I am at a total loss. I have a PS3 and 30 games which are now the worlds most expensive paperweights.........

0 Kudos

/16

bronno123

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bronno123
Accepted Solution

Have just come across another thread..".Not reading games or Blurays" where there are yet more PS3 users, with exactly the same problems described here, who are blaming the problem on the latest Firmware Update from Sony!

My son updated at roughly the same time he started playing Black O(o)ps, so I am unsure which caused the problem....I suspect that there are thousands of PS3's that have all failed in exactly the same way, at roughly the same time....

Where to from here?

Is it worth me changing the Bluray Drive, has this helped anyone else?

I am just so frustrated, so much money GIVEN to Sony over Xmas

....my kids can only look at the covers.....

0 Kudos

/16

bronno123

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bronno123
Accepted Solution

Sorry, the thread I found that relates to the same problem is

"Re: Firmware update 3.55 - PS3 does not read Discs anymore"

and not "Not reading games or Blurays"

as I said in previous Post.

Methinks I am driving myself nuts trying to find a solution.......

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel