Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: BLACK OP'S broke MY PS3!! FURIOUS!!!! ANy one else???

It bricked my system this morning, im 99% sure of it.

Surely sony should be investigating???!?!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 81 of 119 (713 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

bronno123 wrote:

Does anyone have any idea as to what can be done about the PROBLEM?

The problem is that none of the companies, Treyarch,Activision,Sony will admit there is a problem.

If they did, it would open the floodgates for £millions upon £millions of claims against them.

What is needed is an investigation by an independent body that would be able to technically prove that Black ops causes the PS3 to malfunction and fail.

The chances of that happening at the moment look very slim.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 82 of 119 (708 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I phoned Sony this morning, the person I spoke to said they had received no complaints about Black Ops and software could not do to my PS3 what I was telling him had happened. They will send me a refurbished PS3 for £130...........Our PS3 was PERFECT before Black Ops!!!!!! How can we all band together to make Sony and Treyarch Pay?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 83 of 119 (707 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

bronno123 wrote:

I phoned Sony this morning, the person I spoke to said they had received no complaints about Black Ops and software could not do to my PS3 what I was telling him had happened.

They are lying .

From what I've been told, poor coding can cause hardware to suffer excessively, there's also the issue of how to safely power down the console once the game freezes, I've yet to hear any official method that wont risk HDD damage.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 84 of 119 (703 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

From what ive heard (dont take cpu numbers as a quote as im not 100% sure of them)

Blacks ops was built for the xbox, period. It was tested on this console, internally, and in the beta.

The xbox runs with one 512 chip, black ops utilises it all.

The ps3 uses two chips, two 256 chips, due to the way it has been PORTED, it is only using one chip, obviously, this is going to cause problems.

It happens on PC also, you have to force it to use more than one chip! my friend had a quad core, and it wasnt being utilised at all.

Black ops ps3 is unfortunately, nothing more than a BETA! we are the testers, treyarc have even admitted they had to rush the release to please activision!

I cant be fixed i dont believe, bad programming!

I believe its being ignored, as it will open up one hella massive can of worms!

My theory, but surely activision is damaging the sony brand, by having a game running far better on the main rival system!

Imagine the the lawsuits, and counter lawsuits being launched if it was all acted upon, in the end i think the gamer would lose out even worse, shame but true. Yes i appreciate its my view and ill happily listen to others. I also believe its disgusting treyarch and activision can get away with releasing a broken game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 85 of 119 (698 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Just finished a day of formatting the HDD (full)....the joy when it seemed to have worked, the kids put in an older game and we had decided not to play Black Oops again. My son could not contain himself and had to play MW2 (although I had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach...am very anti COD at the minute)...

downloaded updates, into the game ....5 minutes and FROZEN!

PS3 back to not recognising Discs and I am at a total loss. I have a PS3 and 30 games which are now the worlds most expensive paperweights.........

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 86 of 119 (665 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Have just come across another thread..".Not reading games or Blurays" where there are yet more PS3 users, with exactly the same problems described here, who are blaming the problem on the latest Firmware Update from Sony!

My son updated at roughly the same time he started playing Black O(o)ps, so I am unsure which caused the problem....I suspect that there are thousands of PS3's that have all failed in exactly the same way, at roughly the same time....

Where to from here?

Is it worth me changing the Bluray Drive, has this helped anyone else?

I am just so frustrated, so much money GIVEN to Sony over Xmas

....my kids can only look at the covers.....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 87 of 119 (643 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Sorry, the thread I found that relates to the same problem is

"Re: Firmware update 3.55 - PS3 does not read Discs anymore"

and not "Not reading games or Blurays"

as I said in previous Post.

Methinks I am driving myself nuts trying to find a solution.......

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 88 of 119 (638 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

bronno - just to point out that whilst it doesn't solve the problem, you can at least re-download the purchased PSN games that you wiped with the format, and they will still work.

Small consolation I know, but possibly slightly better than not having anything at all

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 89 of 119 (625 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

black ops was only out 5 days now my ps3 won't read ***** all wont play ***** all now its got the *****en gold light if playstation had any *****en brains they would listing to there costumers and fix there ps3 free of charge like anybody else playstation thinks there untouchable write to watchdog and c what playstation going to do before every one goes to xbox where u dont get *****en ripped of
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 90 of 119 (557 Views)
0 Kudos