20 Nov 2010
By: pikechamp Member 15 Posts
Level 1

BLACK OP'S broke MY PS3!! FURIOUS!!!! ANy one else???

[ Edited ]
118 Replies 4,199 Views edited 21-11-2010

Since I purchased Call of Duty Black Ops the game has been lagging,
taking ages to load, failing to connect to the host which caused loss
of connection to the host, ending my game play. Also, my PS3 has
never crashed. However, since playing Black Ops it has crashed 5+
times. When I restart the PS3 it cannot read ANY discs DVD/CD/bluray
(PS3 games). So I left it until; the next day and retried again it
read the disc, crashed again, so I restarted it again , no disc read
of any game. Left it again for about 12 hours, the disc was visible
on the PS3 start menu but this time it gave me the following error
code; 80010514 and told me to check the disc for scratches, dirt etc
then to reinsert disc, if no joy try another disc, again if no joy
ask for assistance. I read on the internet that a restore to default
settings may help, THIS DID NOT CURE THE PROBLEM. I have been on the
internet and it seems that other gamers are experiencing similar
problems. PLEASE HELP.

so therefore i am going to be creating a group on facebook if you have the same problem feel free to join please !!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 119 (4,199 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

BLACK OP'S broke MY PS3!! FURIOUS!!!! ANy one else???

[ Edited ]

Aaw Man! i know how you feel it broke mine, stupid game broke MY PS3! I payed 40 pound for something to break my Ps3?

I posted on another thread and someone had the same probelm we need a new Blu Ray Reader..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 119 (4,150 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: BLACK OP'S broke MY PS3!! FURIOUS!!!! ANy one else???

[ Edited ]

Dude im sooooo right now the exact same thing happened to me the day i bought black ops and put it in and know won't read any games including the gh editions and mw2. Im also 2 months out of warranty and i am desperately seeking help as i am very keen for black ops

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 119 (4,134 Views)
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Your Blu-Ray player is probably broke. Here's the link to get your ps3 fixed, it'll take max. a month for them to fix it.

https://service1.us.playstation.com/rma.htm?_flowExecutionKey=_c8B8E30B7-CB93-B46E-3C25-931477B4588C...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 119 (4,115 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

Yer it seems alot of people have the same problems its not on and i dont see why we should pay to get our own ps3 fixed when it was there problem, if anyone agrees?
Ive not even had the game long either and it does this!
And yer 'Gerrymcfetus' same seeking for help black ops is a great game but not so good in the end! all i can play is playstation home :smileysad: when i have at least 20+ games sat in the cuboard waiting to be played its not on ive tried every single game and none of them work..
Really Really peed Who do we contact then because ive contaced ACTIVISON as iis states in the black ops booklet under customer services, si why do we not contact treyarch because its who made the game??
(I think Infity Ward were better originally, and therefore i stick to that)
Sorry everyone who else has this problem its rubbish In it ......

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 119 (4,091 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

PlayStation Home is also cool :smileyvery-happy:. But that´s mucked up man.

That you´ll lose your ps3 for buying a game. Normally they would be happy if you buy Black Ops. Than they earn moneeeeyyyy....

I´ll should go to the store you bought it, ask money for the PS3 and Black Ops back, and contact Activision, Treyarch, Sony....

Mine didn´t crashed yet, but the online functions are very crap. When every game is ended ¨Failed to connect to host¨. Or ¨Game lobby closed¨. Or when setting up game ¨Server disconnected¨....

They said that the patch would help, but 0.0% difference. It made it more fake.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 119 (4,082 Views)
0 Kudos

Guys I understand you all are angry, but please vent your frustration without the need to use offensive language.  Each and everyone of you posted vulgar language in your messages.

Please bear in mind the House Rules when posting on this forum.  PlayStation forums is a family friendly environment, let's try keep it that way please :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 119 (4,064 Views)
0 Kudos

black ops's has broken mine to and my mates broke two days ago, i have  never had a problem with my ps3 until i played black op's its been frezzing and turning off on its own and i have had an error code to, and this morning i turned my console on and it turned its self off now i have a flashing red light,

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 119 (3,994 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

OMG I have exactly the same!!
My ps3 froze while loading a game.
I restarted my ps3 and now my ps3 doenst even recognize my disc sometimes and when it does it freezes on loading screens.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 119 (3,950 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I'm having the exact same 80010514 problem with Black Ops.  So far Sony say it is Activisions programming at fault (as Black Ops is the only game it happens with), but yet Activision are squarely pinning the blame on dodgy Blue Ray Drives that Sony put in the Slim PS3s?? 

That is no good to me, as I'm stuck in the middle, with a near expired warranty, with no resolution to the problem, which meant I basically paid £40 for my PS3 to be busted?!

I've tried system reset, Re-installed firmware and took the disc back to the shop to be swapped.  none of these resolved this.  If anyone finds a solution, please post it for us many who are basically screwed.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 119 (3,911 Views)
0 Kudos