71%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Burnout Paradise save gone.

93 Replies 2,231 Views Created 14-03-2011

While playing Burnout on Saturday 12/03/2011 I left the room I was in and when I returned all my save was gone and the game started up as I was playing it for the first time. I tried to shut down the PS3 but when I did it started to install all sorts of demos of game's I have recently deleted. Came back the next day and started it up again and the save wasn't there still but when I went back on to Burnout all the people on my friends list I have been playing with have lost there saved data as well ( in the US and in the UK ). When ever I now leave Burnout now the PS3 shuts down totally and re-starts up again.

HELP ME PLEEEASE.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

BROTHERBROWN

71%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BROTHERBROWN
Accepted Solution
Well after nearly 5 months of waiting for some sort of answer to this issue i think it is safe to say its been brushed under the carpet.
Im sorry to say i have lost a lot of faith in my PS3 and Sony over this.
0 Kudos

Re: Burnout Paradise save gone.

Beta Tester
/16

RabidWalker

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RabidWalker
Accepted Solution

BROTHERBROWN wrote:
Well after nearly 5 months of waiting for some sort of answer to this issue i think it is safe to say its been brushed under the carpet.
Im sorry to say i have lost a lot of faith in my PS3 and Sony over this.

Hi BROTHERBROWN,

The issues in this case have been fed back to the developer. It was suggested the issue was related to the avatar selection when starting a new game. ie using an avatar that is downloaded and not a default one of the console. However others have had this issue in different circumstances.

This has been passed on, but as yet we are waiting for further information.

Rabid

0 Kudos

/16

BROTHERBROWN

71%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BROTHERBROWN
Accepted Solution

Thanks for your reply Rabid but i dont think i will hold my breath on Critereon getting back with any info. :mansad:

0 Kudos

/16

ll-o-ll

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ll-o-ll
Accepted Solution

Criterion have abandoned this old title. With the recent sale on DLC though, Sony should get something sorted about this. I suggest forcing Criterion to remove the user lock on save games - let me install someone else's save. If they're not going to fix the bug (and they're clearly not going to) at least let us work around it ourselves.

Also, tell Criterion they're shedding previously loyal customers by the truckload.

0 Kudos

/16

Algogar

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Algogar
Accepted Solution

Hello,

savedata gone two times, the first one with 99 % completed, the second one with 50 % completed. On having closed ps3 Bip bip and every gone.

A malicious question, will it be because we can save our information inplaystation+? paying certainly.

A lot of time it has passed and we have no responses. indignation and frustration.

I have my savedata in a pendrive, but although it copies it in ps3 it begins from the beginning.

I will begin again and will not get connected online to view that it happens.

0 Kudos

/16

D-Bigz

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
D-Bigz
Accepted Solution
I bought this game only played it online and now it doesn't work, I want my money back because I feel robbed. I'm going to write a complaint to sony surely this is in breach of the sale of goods act 1979 or similar.
0 Kudos

/16

BROTHERBROWN

71%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BROTHERBROWN
Accepted Solution

Another month passes and still no answer's.:mansad:

I dont thinks its alot to ask for is it?

Even though Burnout is a old game it is still very popular with the free download a few months back getting more people interested it popularity has risen even more.

COME ON CRITEREON PULL YA FINGER OUT.

0 Kudos

/16

Zonda_17

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Zonda_17
Accepted Solution

Same thing happened to me today. :smileysad:

I didn't realise this was such a common problem, but my PS3 too decided to beep after I quit the game last night, and sure enough, after I booted it up today my save file was gone. I have a few questions:

1) Will I be stuck with this problem forever? (i.e. will this happen every time I start the game?)

2) Is it 'contagious'? In other words can I pass this glitch on to people if I go online?

3) Should I go online? I don't want to mess other people's games up.

I've only played it for about a week, but even so I managed to lose a lot of progress. Thanks in advance for any answers.

0 Kudos

/16

D-Bigz

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
D-Bigz
Accepted Solution
Is this being brushed under the carpet or what? No updates of any sort.
0 Kudos

/16

woodstock1602

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
woodstock1602
Accepted Solution

burnout...dont wanna hear about that....someone has hacked my account and downloaded the complete burnout series....i dont even like car games...can i have this refunded if i have been hacked??

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel