Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Burnout Paradise save gone.

I've been in touch with people on my friends list and from what they are saying when they've lost there data is you don't need to have the dodgy avatar its any one else who enters the session/room with you and that causes you to lose every thing.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 81 of 94 (659 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I read that too. People with bizarre online stats seem to have an effect on your game if you quit. i hope they will do something.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 82 of 94 (645 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

lost everything here too...

I was 3 races away from elite driving lience. I decided to play online before doing the final 3 races I needed to change the gameplay up I entered then exited about 10 rooms finding fun ones to play in when I was done with that I press the ps3 button and quit the game. I might have been in a room still but doing nothing just parked. When my ps3 exited the game it went black and made a BEEP sound I had to log back into my account at the menu then I played some other game. The BEEP sound might have corrupted my game save but now when I load it just says start all over. I have no option to continue from where I was. I won't delete my save or start over. So I don't know whatto do. I did have normal avatar I did change it half way throw the game and it still worked fine. I also connected camera to get the mugshot trophy it stil worked fine. Its whenI exited it screwed my game save I believe. Any update on this matter pleases? My version is from european welcome back program so 30 days of free Burnout Paradise that eats your game save!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 83 of 94 (596 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I am telling you check the rivals on everyone in the room. Everytime some one with approx 176 rivals shows up and stays in the room long enough you will have the problem. If you hit him or he hits you you will see that all of a sudden you go fron 14 or 15 rivals to 176. You will get the double beep when shutting down and your save is done. The hitting does not seem to be a necessity as some info on him is transferred to your save anyway. Like the players met section where you can see the date and time you met everyone on line. If he beats one of your daily times a smugshot is sent to you. Your save is gone. as i said earlier- if you are host- kick them asap. If you are not the host leave the room quickly. I had to kick 2 of my own friends out today that signed in from another room with 176 rivals. They sent me a message after trying to restart and told me they lost everything.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 84 of 94 (564 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Well after nearly 5 months of waiting for some sort of answer to this issue i think it is safe to say its been brushed under the carpet.
Im sorry to say i have lost a lot of faith in my PS3 and Sony over this.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 85 of 94 (477 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

BROTHERBROWN wrote:
Well after nearly 5 months of waiting for some sort of answer to this issue i think it is safe to say its been brushed under the carpet.
Im sorry to say i have lost a lot of faith in my PS3 and Sony over this.

Hi BROTHERBROWN,

The issues in this case have been fed back to the developer. It was suggested the issue was related to the avatar selection when starting a new game. ie using an avatar that is downloaded and not a default one of the console. However others have had this issue in different circumstances.

This has been passed on, but as yet we are waiting for further information.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 86 of 94 (474 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Thanks for your reply Rabid but i dont think i will hold my breath on Critereon getting back with any info. :mansad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 87 of 94 (461 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Criterion have abandoned this old title. With the recent sale on DLC though, Sony should get something sorted about this. I suggest forcing Criterion to remove the user lock on save games - let me install someone else's save. If they're not going to fix the bug (and they're clearly not going to) at least let us work around it ourselves.

Also, tell Criterion they're shedding previously loyal customers by the truckload.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 88 of 94 (448 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hello,

savedata gone two times, the first one with 99 % completed, the second one with 50 % completed. On having closed ps3 Bip bip and every gone.

A malicious question, will it be because we can save our information inplaystation+? paying certainly.

A lot of time it has passed and we have no responses. indignation and frustration.

I have my savedata in a pendrive, but although it copies it in ps3 it begins from the beginning.

I will begin again and will not get connected online to view that it happens.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 89 of 94 (394 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I bought this game only played it online and now it doesn't work, I want my money back because I feel robbed. I'm going to write a complaint to sony surely this is in breach of the sale of goods act 1979 or similar.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 90 of 94 (326 Views)
0 Kudos