Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Can't add funds to wallet / error 80023102

I had high hopes for today when I saw the message that the store was undergoing maintenance. Just got in there and I STILL CAN'T ADD FUNDS. I'm going to give this a few more days and if nothing changes I'm going to pretend the PS Store does not exist. Shocking effort Sony.
I aim to misbehave
0 Kudos
Message 121 of 292 (3,107 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Rabid, I've started to get this issue since I linked my Vita to my account if that is of any help and I can confirm this is the case with another 5 of my friends, who have had issues soon as they linked their Vita to their accounts. Coincidence, I don't think so.

0 Kudos
Message 122 of 292 (3,102 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Enzyme-X wrote:

Rabid, I've started to get this issue since I linked my Vita to my account if that is of any help and I can confirm this is the case with another 5 of my friends, who have had issues soon as they linked their Vita to their accounts. Coincidence, I don't think so.

Use your consumer rights and get a refund while you can. I haven't been able to add funds since september on my PS3 (I started the thread) and Sony has been of no help whatsoever. Appaling!

0 Kudos
Message 123 of 292 (3,099 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Foxxis, I will wait until after the 1st when there is a planned server maintenance, after that if there is no change in the service I will be calling Ofcom to see if I can take this further here in the UK.

I still feel I'm being fobbed of with the fact that this 80023102 error is a generic code to report some sort of problem. You would have thought that the software engineers would have set a code for all know issues and assign a new code when a new problems appears which they haven't encountered to make it easier in future

I'm extremely annoyed due to the way this has been handled and I'm shocked that they haven't resolved this issue for you and I'm now concerned this maybe the case for a large number of users on the PlayStation Network.

If you do a quick Google you can see that the errors have occured more since the launch date of the Vita in the EU. The NP-2244-2 on the Vita was reported here:

NP-2244-2 Error

Also do a search on Twitter. I've tweeted this issue to Kotaku and hoping this raises some awareness. I don't know what else I can do apart from the actions I will take after the 1st if the problem is still there.

Just seen that users in the US are having sames issues, again more or less after the Vita release in the US, so we def are not the only one:

US Users

So the excuse we're the minority is complete cr*p.

0 Kudos
Message 124 of 292 (3,089 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Forum wouldn't allow me to update my previous post, so sorry for the double post.

But looks like my original thread was picked up by Pocket Gamer:

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/PlayStation+Vita/news.asp?c=38305

Also seen a French site has noted that people are experiencing the issues (80023102 and NP-2244-2 on Vitas) and are hoping the maintenance on Thursday may resolve the issue.

http://www.tomsguide.fr/actualite/Sony-SEN-PSN,2775.html

0 Kudos
Message 125 of 292 (3,023 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

mine stopped working going on 2 weeks ago, I'm trying to upgrade COD Elite, but keep getting the 8002 error message whenever I try to add funds.

Don't see why I should have to go out of my way to get PSN card when I've entered everything as it should be, and don't understand how the helpline doesn't seem to know much more than me!?

Fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 126 of 292 (2,997 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

This is becoming a really bad joke now, I've just this second got off the phone from customer services for the third time. Below is a rough outline of my progress. First call You need to wait 24 hours as a security check has been put on your account. (this was without even asking for any of my details) Second call You need to wait another 48 hours as a security check has been put on your account. Third call You need to wait another 7 days as a security check has been put on your account. I'm scared to ring again as I dread to think how long it will be next time!!! This is such a shame as I'm loving my Vita but WANT TO DOWNLOAD SOME GAMES!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Message 127 of 292 (2,977 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Another day, many more failed attempts to add funds. Thanks Sony.
I aim to misbehave
0 Kudos
Message 128 of 292 (2,956 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Same issue the NP-2244-2 error on my vita, and can't add funds via cards.

Guessing it's some retarded and remarkably broken security mechanism.

My psn account is attached to my vita, my vita is on my sofa, I created the psn account the same day I bought my vita and my games are only on my vita.

Neither of my cards work, so what I'm guessing is, broken security mechanism viewed buying 4 games in 4 days as odd and locked the account, this in turn resulted in said locked account winding up my bank with incomplete transactions, this in turn resulted in me having to fix that this morning.

Though I was able to pay off my credit card with my debit card (which POS network was unable to process) before my bank got irritated.

Anyway, sort out your network, roll on the hackers, too much like hard work trying to be honest.

0 Kudos
Message 129 of 292 (2,934 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Well update what's happening my end...emailed Sony, got a responses back which didn't start blaming my network and was promised that some would call me to see if they can solve it.

Call never materialised, again feel fobbed of. I'm 100% sure that Sony know they have an issue on there end are not saying anything, since last time the PlayStation network was in the news was due to hackers and even then they stayed quiet for two weeks only to announce later on "Sorry but we were compromised".

I don't want to put any fear in anyone and hopefully it's nothing more serious than a blip in there security backend...but history does repeat itself.

Rabid Walker any news from your end or are we all just venting frustrations at a brick wall as it sure seems like it.

0 Kudos
Message 130 of 292 (2,889 Views)
0 Kudos