Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

Can't add funds to wallet error 80023102 or NP-2244-2

[ Edited ]
291 Replies 56,720 Views edited 29-02-2012

We have been having this problem on and off for a couple of months. I have done too much research and tried to get in contact with the local support (Sweden) to no avail. 

The problem is that it is impossible to add funds to the online wallet both during a purchase or as a separate action. The attempt is met with the "Can't add funds to wallet" or "Error 80023102". 

I know of the usual suggestions for solution of this problem, so to prove that the error isn't on our end here they are and debunked:

- We have tried with difference credit cards. Both cards have had the small test-charge gone through without a problem. So there is no adress or credit card detail problem.

- We have managed to buy content using both cards. The error is thus intermittent. It sometimes works, but most often not. AND this is without us changing anything. No network changes, no card detail changes. Nothing. It rarely works, but on some occasions it does.

- There are no connection problems. Online gaming is problem free, all other actions in the store or vs. PSN works well. We have tried connecting the PS3 with an ethernet cable directly to the cable modem = no router or firewall inbetween. This has no effect on the problem.

- The credit card company has investigated the issue and for all our attempts report that Sony has not attempted a charge. The transaction is aborted before it has even begun contacting a payment processor or bank. So it is not the case of our credit card company denying the charge.

All in all, I am 100% confident that this problem lies with Sony and I would like to see this resolved. I am a professional game developer by trade and my guess is that Sony has implemented some rigorous security system in the wake of the fiasco that led to accound and credit card details being stolen. This security system generates false positives and is apparently for some reason blocking our attempt to spend money with Sony.

Rest assured we will NOT purchase any additional Sony products this or the next generation unless this is responded to in a professional matter and resolved. If Sony doesn't want our money and denies our transactions then fine - we will take our business elsewhere.

Regards,

Foxxis

Disappointed customer.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,

As you all know the error codes 80023102 and NP-2244-2 for the PS Vita are general codes to signify that the wallet funding has not taken place.  The reason that the funding failed will differ from user to user.  

As such the advice is to complete the below trouble shooting steps. 

• Ensure the billing details entered on your Sony Entertainment Network account exactly match the details as they appear on your credit or debit card, including the cardholder’s name and the card expiry date

• Make sure that the credit or debit card that you are using to add funds has been issued in the same country in which you have registered your Sony Network Entertainment account

• Check with your card issuer to confirm that they have not blocked this payment to your network account wallet. 

If you have already completed the above steps without success, or you try them and have no luck then you will have to contact your local PlayStation Support for further assistance.  They will be able to investigate in further detail the specific reason that your transaction has failed.

Unfortunately due to the varying reasons for failed wallet funding there is no blanket solution to fix this for everyone and you will have query this on an individual basis.

SFZ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: Can't add funds to wallet / error 80023102

/16

Foxxis

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Foxxis
Accepted Solution

Well, to conclude this from my point of view:

The other day I (once again) tried funding a purchase that my son has been asking for for months. Lo and behold - it worked! I had changed NOTHING - no details, no other card, no change in network setup. Nothing.

This has happened before - it suddenly working once only to now work again on subsequent attempts. This alone is proof that the problem is with Sony.

But the most important thing: I managed to complete the one purchase that was important (a pack of Burnout cars for my son). Now that I have done that I NO LONGER CARE ABOUT SONY ONE TINY BIT.

I will NEVER again spend one cent on a Sony product or something sold through Sony. I definitely do hope that Sony fails massively as both hardware- and software-wise they nowadays deliver subpar quality.

And to the moderators and whatever Sony staff may read this: get a more suitable job, as customer service and community managment is NOT something you are good at.

Bye!

0 Kudos

Re: Can't add funds to wallet error 80023102 or NP-2244-2

/16

Enzyme-X

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Enzyme-X
Accepted Solution

Well I'm still waiting for a call.

Did attempt trying to add funds after the maintenance....and it didn't work.

Got a reference number for my issue but I've lost all faith in Sony.

0 Kudos

/16
50%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
phantasmphorever
Accepted Solution
I received an e-mail from Sony on March 2nd saying I should receive an e-mail response on this issue within 24 hours. Today is March 6th and I still haven't heard back. Common courtesy is a prerequisite in customer service but even this seems beyond the company. I'm a patient man but this is disgraceful by any standard.
0 Kudos

I aim to misbehave
/16

Caemdare

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Caemdare
Accepted Solution

Just adding my name to the list: everything was fine on March 3rd, and the card was charged successfully.

March 4th? Sorry, the details are invalid.  Nothing had changed, my card is not barred, and it is continuing to happen.  Very annoying.

0 Kudos

/16

SaddamsSpirit

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SaddamsSpirit
Accepted Solution
Unable to add funds too (uk),im using the same details as i used successfully a few weeks ago,i would just like t say YOU FAIL AS A BUSINESS PSN,i mean what,you dont want my money? LOL
0 Kudos

/16

chamoo81

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chamoo81
Accepted Solution
I was able to use the feature yesterday but not today. so I know my details are ok. I'm sure its a known issue that Sony are aware of.
0 Kudos

[url=http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/chamoo81/] [img]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/chamoo81.png[/img] [/url]
/16

Morteth

83%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Morteth
Accepted Solution
I've called and written emails to Sony, all I get is troubleshooting steps to make sure I haven't mistyped any information relating to my credit card, even though my card details has stayed the same for months. They won't acknowledge it's their fault.

*****, seriously.
0 Kudos

Words of a loser are meaningless
Beta Tester
/16

RabidWalker

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RabidWalker
Accepted Solution

We have received feedback from the Network Team which will apply to some users who receive this error code during funding:

We are aware that some customers in Sweden and Denmark are unable to add funds to their account using a credit card as their attempts are being refused by their own card issuing banks. We are now working with these card issuers to try and resolve the issue.

If customers would like more information on why their transaction has been declined they will need to speak to their card issuer directly. If you wish to add funds to the account immediately we suggest they use PSN cards until this issue has been resolved. PSN cards are available for purchase at major game retailers.

If there are any further updates in regards to theses error codes, we will update here.

Rabid

0 Kudos

/16

Enzyme-X

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Enzyme-X
Accepted Solution

RabidWalker...it's not my bank or card issuer. I can and they can confirm this. I even got an email to state this.

The issue is with Sony. I'm still awaiting my call and have emailed twice in the last 72 hours to see what's happening, each time promised someone will call. Absolutely dire customer service.

Don't you think it's ironic buying PSN Cards with the credit card I can't use on the Sony store.

0 Kudos

/16

Enzyme-X

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Enzyme-X
Accepted Solution

Wow soon as I posted that got a phonecall.

Been now told, by a very polite customer service rep, that my case will be sent to head office to investigate and that it may now be an issue on their end as to why I can't fund the account.

If you guys have waited a week, gone through all possible solutions and exhausted every cause for this...call them and tell them that and if you must get aggressive, only way they are going to listen.

I hope this get's resolved soon, but it has left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

0 Kudos

/16

Morteth

83%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Morteth
Accepted Solution

At least something is being done now. Just hope it solves these issues.

Btw, I've called my bank and they haven't received any attempts at funding my PSN account, so I seriously doubt it's got anything to do with me.

Fix it please. Journey is coming out soon and I won't be able to buy it because of you! Damn it :smileysad:

0 Kudos

Words of a loser are meaningless
/16

Enzyme-X

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Enzyme-X
Accepted Solution

Morteth. I would recommend you calling them as my case has been escalated due to me badgering them about it, exhausting all the solutions and waiting the 1 week period.

I don't know if this will resolve everyones issues as I stated this is only my case that's been looked at. I f I hear anything else I will let you all know.

0 Kudos

/16

Gidde78

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gidde78
Accepted Solution

Well i have tried several credit cards and none work,so it cant be a bank issue.And i don't understand why my bank all of the sudden just refuse me to add funds,it have worked before.Never had any problem with this issue,it started when i got my Vita.

0 Kudos

/16

marshiman

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
marshiman
Accepted Solution

Yeah im sure thet do. SO WHY HAVNT YOU MADE US AWRE OF THIS SONY? This has been going on since november for some customers. Its just mindblowingly bad customer service!ALL I WANT TO DO IS BUY JOURNEY! I WANT TO GIVE YOU MONEY!!!! ive tried deleting my card details and its DEFINATLY A PROBLEM WITH SONY as it now says the details are invalid despite being fine in the supermarket earlier today the bank saying its sonys problem. i WANT a reply from a sony mod or there may be a certain "box" i decide to go with which has much better custmer service

0 Kudos

/16

oOSHLIMOo

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
oOSHLIMOo
Accepted Solution

Just wanted to add my voice to the issue. Bought my Vita day one and was able to download Stardust when I brought it home but when I went to get Rayman a few hours later the error popped up and hasn't gone away since. It's especially frustrating because a huge draw of the Vita for me was the digital store, not being able to access the key feature is beyond dissapointing.

Customer service was unable to help me and utter lack of word from Sony has me second guessing my purchase. I want to love my Vita, but this is making it very difficult.

I eventually caved and bought PSN cards at the store (which the first two days I had them because the servers were undergoing maintenance) and now have Rayman. But I won't be buying any more games untill the problem is resolved.

Your move Sony.

0 Kudos

/16

DooMSticK213

32%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DooMSticK213
Accepted Solution

Been having the same issues as well.  Just glad to see its just not on my end.  I have been trying to buy a game for days now.  I wonder just how much money they lose everyday because of this issue.  Probably nothing but pocket change in they're eyes. lol

0 Kudos

/16

DooMSticK213

32%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DooMSticK213
Accepted Solution

I hope Sony fixes this issue promptly.  I'm missing sales in the PSN Store.  It's not fair if I have to pay full price on games after the problem has been resolved.

Wish SEGA would put out a new system already.  Wouldn't have to waste my time writing on Msg boards like this.

Playstation does do everything including ***** me off time and time again.  It's like all they got is Japanese ***** beetles working the business.  Keep rolling out the *****!

0 Kudos

/16

DooMSticK213

32%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
DooMSticK213
Accepted Solution

* pi$$ing

** d0ng

*** Turds!

0 Kudos

/16

mAcn1Ak

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mAcn1Ak
Accepted Solution

Yo!

I lost any desire to play...Bought used Battlefield 3 on saturday 'couse I lost my job n' can't afford a new copy...had a good deal even knowin'  that i have to buy a network pass.And what?This bloody error!It's not fair.

Reagards.

0 Kudos

/16

Paulo_HP_

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Paulo_HP_
Accepted Solution

Hello.

I'm from Brazil and even here we are suffering with this error in the brazilian PSN...

I already used my credit card (a VISA) sometimes in the past and it works fine with any other services, just PSN is giving me some headache...

A few days ago I added funds 2 times in a row in order to buy "Dissidia 012" to play in my vita, when I tried to add the third (and last) time, I got the message "cannot add fund to wallet" and I still can't until today (I already waited more than 24 hours from one try to another too, but didn't work).

There is nothing wrong with my credit card, I already tested it in other places... but PSN won't take my money, and I'm still waiting to buy Dissidia 012.

Already sended an e-mail to sony in brazil, but haven't got an answer so far. As I can see, this is a major problem that is affecting user worldwide for more than 2 years now! When we'll get a fix??? How much money Sony is losing buy the minute with this error? How many customers getting tired and angry, and willing to give their money to another company?

And don't you guys dare to tell me to go buy some PSN cards! First, we need a service that really works, tell me to go buy cards until the problem is fixed is a very good sign of incompetence... Second, here in Brazil we don't have this cards for the brazilian PSN (I don't know if that's worse).

I really don't know what to do, but I'm feeling like Sony doesn't give a sh** to us, loyal customers...

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to tell... I tried to add funds through my PC, at the sony website. But that didn't work either... It gives me an error saying that my credit card is invalid or that I can't add funds now, to try later...

And all the info about the credit card is correct... I already checked a thousand times...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

shockerhippy

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
shockerhippy
Accepted Solution

ive managed to get funds to the wallet through the playstation store but when i try to buy packs on fifa ultimate team it doesnt give me the option to use the funds, only fifa coins.

if i come out of ultimate team and try to go into the store via my profile it throws up an e9 error code.

sony says its an ea problem and ea say its a sony problem. i have the funds in my wallet in the store but not on fifa.

any ideas? ive done the usual switch the playstation off, come out of ultimate team etc etc etc to no avail

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel