[EN] Archive

Technical Help

Technical Help

06 Apr 2012
By: sandystrachan Member 498 Posts
Level 3

Can't deactivate " video " from old ps3

2 Replies 2475 Views Created 06-04-2012

Tried that website many times , keep saying I need the console . 

Says i have 3 activated for games ( i've only owned 2 consoles ) :/ 

I can't DL anything from " video " section of the store due to this , the console died a while back and was then smashed to 10000000000000000000000 pieces .

I thought that site was meant to work But never does for me OR my friend who is in same boat as me .

HELP ???

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (2,475 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Re: Can't deactivate " video " from old ps3

[ Edited ]

The web site is not for Video or music, it was only for set up for games as they had the T&C changed.

If you want your Video access reset You have to STILL do it the old way .

The Movie studios who own the copy right require a Vocal phone call to Sony CS and they will then do a reset  for you IF you remain carm and polite. use the Phone. 

This is required as they Will be Deleting all access to Any Video content you had in the Past , on all past consoles you have ever used not just owned. dead or not.

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (2,469 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Re: Can't deactivate " video " from old ps3

Hey!

Unfortunately you can't deactivate by yourself without the system at hand and in a working state.

In order to fix this you will need to call up customer support who will hopefully be able to deactivate the system if you explain what happened.

You can obtain contact details for your relevant Customer Support in this thread.

I hope this helps you return to your movie enjoyment :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (2,462 Views)
0 Kudos