[EN] Archive

Technical Help

Technical Help

17 Nov 2010
By: IcyDaveUK

1 Posts

Connecting to the Playstation network

6 Replies 3651 Views Created 17-11-2010

I think my system updated today (17/11) and I now I keep getting this message, even though I have done exactly what it says, it does not sign in but displays this message again. All my connection settings are fine as is my username and password. It tells me to sign in with this message :-

You must select [PlayStationNetwork]> [Sign In] and sign in to continue using PlayStationNetwork.

If a game or other software is running quit the software and then perform this operation. (8002A240)

I have no game or software running and I do exactly what it says and instead of signing in it displays this ***** message every time, needless to say, online gaming is now not possible nor is access to the online playstation store ??

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (3,651 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Connecting to the Playstation network

You have to accept the new terms and conditions before you can play online. Select 'Sign In' and they should be displayed.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (3,611 Views)
0 Kudos

I have the same problem! Every time I try to sing in it just says that error occurred and that I should try to perform operation 8002A240... There is not even any other options than try again and again the same error occurs.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (3,544 Views)
0 Kudos

I can`t accept any new terms and conditions because it is not displaying them.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (3,540 Views)
0 Kudos

i'm getting this same code and also 80023017 but i didn't even update the ps3, i can get onto the internet just not onto the playstation network or store? any help appreciated

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (3,535 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

fenew17 wrote:

I can`t accept any new terms and conditions because it is not displaying them.

PlayStation Network is offline for scheduled maintenance. more details here - http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/news/articles/detail/item284695/PlayStation-Network-scheduled-maintena...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (3,534 Views)
0 Kudos

Ahh thanks so it'll be back on at 01:00 tonight, i take it some peoples work anyway because my friends ps3 is working fine online lol. oh well.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (3,523 Views)
0 Kudos