01 Feb 2008

Playstation Staff

DLNA 7531 protocol error

49 Replies 245,746 Views Created 01-02-2008
Please help me. Trying to connect to intel mediaPS3 but when I click on the icon under media on ps3 an error message on the top right hand corner of the screen appears with this message: DLNA protocol error (7531) has occurred.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 50 (245,746 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: DLNA 7531 protocol error

I'm getting the exact same problem. I thought it was to do with wireless and it's settings but I recently bought Netgear powerline plugin HDX101's which use your home's electrical ringmain to get a wired network connection and they don't solve the problem.

Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 50 (245,679 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I've got the same problem. Anybody found what is really causing the DLNA errors?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 50 (245,683 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

So, I had this problem with my new PS3. I connected my Mac using MediaLink (by all accounts good software) and switched on the HDMI output on my TV. Expecting to see a mountain of media, I was instead met with a small grey box in the corner of the screen with your typical cryptic error message: DLNA Protocol Error 7531. The fix is really, really simple, at least it was for me. Just restart the ‘service’, as it were, on the PS3. Settings -> Network Settings -> Media Server Connection. Your files should be showing up and the error gone. If not, oh well. Keep plugging away. :-) Update: 6/27/08 12:30PM: This assumes wholeheartedly that the problem is with your PS3. You should obviously make sure everything is working properly first (for instance, from a DLNA-capable phone or other PC, etc.). And by restart, I mean to select “Disable”, back out of the menu, and then go back in and “Enable.” That fixed it immediately for me. You may have to restart your DLNA service on the server as well. Good luck. Please let me know if this works! This is one of those topics you search endlessly for and find no real answer (which I am trying to mitigate.)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 50 (243,994 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Cheers pal, that soloution worked for me straight away!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 50 (240,894 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have received this error after aquiring an QNAP TS109 11 dlna Nas server and connecting it to my router. I researched on the PS3 for media server again and the protocol error disappeared, so it looks as though any period of long inactivity causes this error to come up, it may need to update on the software on the PS3 to fix this problem. Hass anybody reported this problem to Sony?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 50 (240,397 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Betreff: Re: DLNA 7531 protocol error

Hi all!

my configuration.

Twonky Server installed on DLINK DNS-323.

DLINK DNS-323 is connected via cable to router.  ps3 is also connected via cable to router.

i receiver the dlna 7531 error when my harddrives of the dlink dns-323 are in sleep mode (not the dns-323).

if i activate the harddisks (e.g. connecting to them using my laptop or pc), i don't receive the error on my ps3 (i have to restart the ps3 if the error occurs).

following solution.

if the error occurs, navigate in the ps3 menu to scan media server... after that everything works...

regards from vienna

Mario

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 50 (240,809 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Cheers buddy!! This worked for me, been trying all night!! grr!

Thanks again - time to streammmmmmmmm.....

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 50 (239,094 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i want to watch a movie in my PS3 but i cant. i have ther error 7531 wen i try to enter to my media server (vuze azureus 4.2). i already restart the PS3 and my internet conection, disable and enable. i dont know what to do.

help me please

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 50 (237,502 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I got this Error message when I changed my router (from Billion BiPac 5200G to 5200N).

Don't know what to do now, have updated to most recent firmware, but still getting the error message. Any help? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 50 (233,633 Views)
0 Kudos