80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

DLNA 7531 protocol error

49 Replies 300,332 Views Created 01-02-2008
Please help me. Trying to connect to intel mediaPS3 but when I click on the icon under media on ps3 an error message on the top right hand corner of the screen appears with this message: DLNA protocol error (7531) has occurred.
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

[ashthekid]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[ashthekid]
Accepted Solution
I'm getting the exact same problem. I thought it was to do with wireless and it's settings but I recently bought Netgear powerline plugin HDX101's which use your home's electrical ringmain to get a wired network connection and they don't solve the problem.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos

Re: DLNA 7531 protocol error

/16

Kurisu87

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kurisu87
Accepted Solution
So, I had this problem with my new PS3. I connected my Mac using MediaLink (by all accounts good software) and switched on the HDMI output on my TV. Expecting to see a mountain of media, I was instead met with a small grey box in the corner of the screen with your typical cryptic error message: DLNA Protocol Error 7531. The fix is really, really simple, at least it was for me. Just restart the ‘service’, as it were, on the PS3. Settings -> Network Settings -> Media Server Connection. Your files should be showing up and the error gone. If not, oh well. Keep plugging away. :-) Update: 6/27/08 12:30PM: This assumes wholeheartedly that the problem is with your PS3. You should obviously make sure everything is working properly first (for instance, from a DLNA-capable phone or other PC, etc.). And by restart, I mean to select “Disable”, back out of the menu, and then go back in and “Enable.” That fixed it immediately for me. You may have to restart your DLNA service on the server as well. Good luck. Please let me know if this works! This is one of those topics you search endlessly for and find no real answer (which I am trying to mitigate.)

/16

billy-brows

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
billy-brows
Accepted Solution
Cheers pal, that soloution worked for me straight away!
0 Kudos

/16

yf06tzu

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
yf06tzu
Accepted Solution
I have received this error after aquiring an QNAP TS109 11 dlna Nas server and connecting it to my router. I researched on the PS3 for media server again and the protocol error disappeared, so it looks as though any period of long inactivity causes this error to come up, it may need to update on the software on the PS3 to fix this problem. Hass anybody reported this problem to Sony?
0 Kudos

/16

perfect_vie

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
perfect_vie
Accepted Solution

Hi all!

my configuration.

Twonky Server installed on DLINK DNS-323.

DLINK DNS-323 is connected via cable to router.  ps3 is also connected via cable to router.

i receiver the dlna 7531 error when my harddrives of the dlink dns-323 are in sleep mode (not the dns-323).

if i activate the harddisks (e.g. connecting to them using my laptop or pc), i don't receive the error on my ps3 (i have to restart the ps3 if the error occurs).

following solution.

if the error occurs, navigate in the ps3 menu to scan media server... after that everything works...

regards from vienna

Mario

0 Kudos

Betreff: Re: DLNA 7531 protocol error

/16

Melkitsedeq

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Melkitsedeq
Accepted Solution

excuse my english a am a french canadian

i have 2 Dns323... i call D-link a tird level tech tell me;

in config / advance on top

enable UpNP Av server ( on your left )

chose a file or root to share

he tell me enable LLPD to ( a that monent i do not do this)

check your update of the filware of your DNS 323

present update V1.9

and now your ps3 can see your DNS 323

have a nice day

0 Kudos

Betreff: Re: DLNA 7531 protocol error

/16

z1567890

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
z1567890
Accepted Solution

I did they let me after a while they didnt fix it 

0 Kudos

/16

CHMPZHYR

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CHMPZHYR
Accepted Solution

hey mine still won't work I tried doing this thing and did it like over and over again but still NO success

/16

johns3OOOgt

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
johns3OOOgt
Accepted Solution

so what is the answer

0 Kudos

/16

fcperez

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fcperez
Accepted Solution

Try this:

- disabling UPNP en your router.

- Also open the following ports in your router (for your ps3):

- tcp 80, 443, 5223,

- udp 3478, 3479, 3658

0 Kudos

/16

axispwnz

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
axispwnz
Accepted Solution

Fix for 7531 error & Medialink is:

1) Stop, and uninstall Medialink (Right click on the medialink icon in system preferences)

2) Install the latest comboupdate for your OS X (can be downloaded from apple's website). Restart mac after.

3) Download "OnyX" application (From here ->)

4) Navigate to "automation" menu, and check all of the boxes, instead of browser's history.

5) Start the operation in OnyX, restart will be required after.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Ravenwing1203

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ravenwing1203
Accepted Solution

im having the DLNA 7531 Protocol Error, and it runs everything else fine except when i go to load an online game after finding a lobby and talking to the other players. it freezes.  What is going wrong and how can i fix it?

0 Kudos

/16

KrizzSMASH

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KrizzSMASH
Accepted Solution

Cheers buddy!! This worked for me, been trying all night!! grr!

Thanks again - time to streammmmmmmmm.....

0 Kudos

/16

henryalexis

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
henryalexis
Accepted Solution

i want to watch a movie in my PS3 but i cant. i have ther error 7531 wen i try to enter to my media server (vuze azureus 4.2). i already restart the PS3 and my internet conection, disable and enable. i dont know what to do.

help me please

0 Kudos

/16

dekanfari

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dekanfari
Accepted Solution

I got this Error message when I changed my router (from Billion BiPac 5200G to 5200N).

Don't know what to do now, have updated to most recent firmware, but still getting the error message. Any help? 

0 Kudos

/16

Kamizaz

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kamizaz
Accepted Solution

Im geting a TON of problems and diferents erros also... HATE ITTTT!!!! i try everithing and nothing even tecnhical suport... im gonna just restore the playstation. and try a WIRED connection too donwloads at least... i think you should try too

Sony should have mutch more responsability in this cases... but wtv

good luck

0 Kudos

/16

LBF29

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LBF29
Accepted Solution
i had that problem on both my playstation and t.v.. I clicked restore default settings and my files started showing up again after i re-setup. i have yet to test the t.v.,but, i managed to get my files to show and then it said there was some error but it still works fine.
0 Kudos

/16

TGoD_Tr1cKst3r

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TGoD_Tr1cKst3r
Accepted Solution

So I have been getting this error code and have tried everything listed to fix it. It works offline but not online it just closes me out of the game or whatever when I start. Sometimes it works sometimes it dosen't. I don't know what to do and need some help. Sony really needs to fix this. My xbox dosen't do this. I have really good connection and don't know what it could be. Xbox has red ring playstation has error codes. I have been through both now. I have had this ps3 for about 6 months it didn't do this intell after the recent update. It only dose it to certian games too.

0 Kudos

DLNA 7531 protocol error code

/16

seanec21

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
seanec21
Accepted Solution

I've been getting driven Nuts over this BUT recently,using " PS3 Media server with Vista"  I have found that unpluging my home phone from Wall works. "I cant help with Y or HOW this helps"!!  Now all my music and movies play fine after i Do that.

0 Kudos

/16

superflytnt123

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
superflytnt123
Accepted Solution

@Kurisu87 - Just wanted to say thanks.  Searched for Error 7531, found your post, disabled and re-endabled Media Server Connection, and blammo!!  My entire music collection is back online.

Incidentally, I'm streaming media from my ReadyNAS NV+ using Twonky v5 - a custom bin from Super Poussin.  Now everything works great except my iTunes 9 playlists don't show up.  It's a Twonky issue - apparently iTunes changed ther XML schema slightly in iTunes 9, just enough to break support for playlists in Twonky.  Bummer. At least I have my collection available on my PS3 thoug, and there's always Pandora for mixing it up!

Cheers :)

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel