02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

Deactivate my broken PS3 accounts

20 Replies 14,741 Views Created 04-11-2009

My friend had an 60gb PS3 with more  than one account, his problem is that, the PS3 now is dead and he needs to deactivate all the PSN users on it so he could recover it in new system.

he's using his PSN account in 3 different system and need to deactivate them all so he can use it in new system

we have the serial# for all these system if it needed.

how he can do that ??  

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

RabidWalker

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RabidWalker
Accepted Solution

zxcod wrote:

I phoned them yesterday to ask about this. They said it goes against their policy to deactivate any accounts, the only way they get deactivated is by yourself accessing the PS3's your account is activated on and doing it manually.

Then again, I argued back telling them this is not true. They did it for me before, I needed to fax proof of purchase of any of the faulty PS3's I had and they would deactivate each one individually.

Hi guys,

You are able to activate up to 5 consoles at once on your account (details of activation process can be found here).

If you have had an exchange in the past with the support line and were not able to deactivate the console at the time, they will be able to do this for you- Support Number.

If you have reached your 5 account limit and have not had an exchanged in the past, you will need to provide proof that you have owned these consoles.

Any queries please PM me, or catch me on Twitter @RabidWalker

View solution in original post

Re: Deactivate my broken PS3 accounts

/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution

only way to do it is to call Sony if the old console(s) are dead.

some people had managed to get them to do it apparently

0 Kudos

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Beta Tester
/16

ads659

• Beta Tester
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ads659
Accepted Solution

TTDegs wrote:

^What he said^

If you need the number for sony it's UK 08705 99 88 77 

0 Kudos

/16

SolitaryNinja

20%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SolitaryNinja
Accepted Solution
We, British, are lucky because in the rest of Europe there is apparently no decent consumer support service D=
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Scorne

• Beta Tester
47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Scorne
Accepted Solution

ads659 wrote:

TTDegs wrote:

^What he said^

If you need the number for sony it's UK 08705 99 88 77 

The number has changed.  It's 0844 736 0595 now.

0 Kudos

/16

FXX_2008

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FXX_2008
Accepted Solution
i have same proplem but i don.t have any idia how i can fix this proplem with my ps3 :(
Message Edited by FXX_2008 on 05-11-2009 08:14 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution

FXX_2008 wrote:
i have same proplem but i don.t have any idia how i can fix this proplem with my ps3 :(
Message Edited by FXX_2008 on 05-11-2009 08:14 PM

the solution is 2 posts up :)

call Sony on the number adds659 supplied :)

Welcome aboard though! :)

0 Kudos

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

/16

lardteamaker

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lardteamaker
Accepted Solution

just tried getting sony to deactivate 3 broken ps3 with my account on because i reached my limit. Now because exchanged ps3's weren't done via Sony they are making this very difficult to impossible to do without receipts or serial numbers. even though their system has the serial numbers showing what they're linked too.  Managed to find some from currys where i had one exchanged so having to jump through hoops to prove they match. Very unimpressed with this service considering how much i've spent on games and DLC.

0 Kudos

GD Trophy Hoarders Sig
/16

zxcod

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zxcod
Accepted Solution

I phoned them yesterday to ask about this. They said it goes against their policy to deactivate any accounts, the only way they get deactivated is by yourself accessing the PS3's your account is activated on and doing it manually.

Then again, I argued back telling them this is not true. They did it for me before, I needed to fax proof of purchase of any of the faulty PS3's I had and they would deactivate each one individually.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

RabidWalker

• Beta Tester
88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RabidWalker
Accepted Solution

zxcod wrote:

Hi guys,

You are able to activate up to 5 consoles at once on your account (details of activation process can be found here).

If you have had an exchange in the past with the support line and were not able to deactivate the console at the time, they will be able to do this for you- Support Number.

If you have reached your 5 account limit and have not had an exchanged in the past, you will need to provide proof that you have owned these consoles.

Any queries please PM me, or catch me on Twitter @RabidWalker

/16

Turdinator1001

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Turdinator1001
Accepted Solution
Hey Rabid, how are you supposed to provide proof that "You" purchased these consoles if they were possibly 2-4 years old? Your not going to have the reciepts for them now.

I for instance work for a retailer who sell's the games consoles & i exchange mine there.
I own 2 consoles and can only get my DLC on 1 of them.. because of this 5 console limit and need proof of purchase for the others. Is there no other way?
0 Kudos

/16

meako1973

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
meako1973
Accepted Solution

I recently had the misfortune of my PS3 YLOD-ing on me, and I refuse to send it to Sony and pay cash to get a second hand unit back.  So, I decided to pick up a new slim instead.  I am now also suffering from the problem of wanting to deactivate accounts on the old one, but having no luck.

Now, it is all well and good being told to provide proof of purchase, but that is just red-tape crap to make it harder.  Customer service were more than happy to accept who I was and that I owned that unit to transfer my Singstar tracks over (around £300 worth), no questions or issues.  So why, if they were happy for me to deactivate them from the dead console, will they not accept that I want deactivating totally from that unit?

I wasn't even given the 'prove you own it' excuse...I was simply told (by the same person happy to accept my Singstar transfer) that either I had to manually deactivate (impossible - even re-flowing doesn't work), or send it back for an exchange, then call them up again when I get the replacement!

I have my account set up on a couple of consoles (mine, my sisters, and sons) for ease of family play.  I have also activated from time to time on a friend's (to earn trophies for my account - which the PSBlog seemed happy to be done when plugging 'cloud saves' a few weeks back).  Now, I play to pick up another unit soon for the house (to connect to bedroom TV for films and gaming when the wife steals the one downstairs), but will not be able to activate it due to having a dead unit here.

I fully anticipate a "contact Sony" response, but I have been down that road and geniunely feel it is a waste of time!  I have the old device here still, so can provide serial numbers.  I could proove who I was using my account details to transfer songs.  But I am simply not allowed to do anything else!

It would be ideal if Qriocity (or another function) would allow remote deactivation.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

jmmart99

89%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jmmart99
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

meako1973

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
meako1973
Accepted Solution

But the whole point made by posters here is that Sony WONT deactivate them, for one ridiculous reason or another.

"You need to provide a reciept or other proof of purchase!" - Ridiculous!

"Need to verify that you are the account holder, and this is why Sony need proof of purchase!" - But they were so happy to accept who I was to transfer my Singstar purchases!

"We only deactivate units that are returned to us!" - But I don't want to pay over £100 to get a refurbished (ie: old one that has broken once before, and very likely will go again soon after) unit.  Why should I be forced into doing this?  I know of some buddies who had dead consoles that they returned to the store they purchased it from and got replacements, who now have their accounts locked to those units which Sony will not recognise.

Simply put, Sony are extremely unco-operative on the issue, and if you ever get them to agree to "take it to the board" you will likely get an email telling you that they will only do it if you send the units to them.

You would think there would, at least, be an auto deactivate if unused for x number of days (say, 3 months) - at least then I would know that I could pick up another unit down the line sometime.

0 Kudos

/16

pj98765

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pj98765
Accepted Solution

i dont see why you need to give proof that you have owned the ps3 as many people probally didnt think about taking the cearial number of ps3 when they get rid of i because it breaks, they should really only need to give proof that they own the psn account considering they are the ones that pay for it, they should give an option in the ps3 account managment to deactive all current activated accounts and that would save sony time so they wouldnt have to take calls about it.

0 Kudos

/16

ajharvey123

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ajharvey123
Accepted Solution
I have the same problem I've got rid of my Brocken ps3 and now I need to deactivate it so I can activate my new 1 do any 1 no how you can contact ps3 network directly
0 Kudos

/16

mdkfuzz187

20%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mdkfuzz187
Accepted Solution

I recently read that sony is downgrading from 5 activations to 2.  I also read that there will be an option to deactivate your previous accounts online.  Surfed the site and blog here, even asked google and nothing comes up. So my question is, where is this alleged site Sony?  I love my ps3, but the customer support factor has been seriously dwindling a lot this year..  Hoping for some news on this, as well as whether or not Vita will play PSOne classics..  Sony needs to stop having secret clubhouse meetings, and give it to us straight how it is.  Not make us wait and spend exorbitant amounts of money..

0 Kudos

/16

martastic

30%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
martastic
Accepted Solution
https://account.qriocity.com/pc/login.action

That's the login page for the Qriocity site, it's on there that you can remotely deactivate all your activated consoles, though you can only do so once every 6 months.
Enjoy =D
0 Kudos

/16

soupdragon151

39%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
soupdragon151
Accepted Solution

I had my PS3 go YLOD without warning, I used the hairdryer trick to get it working again long enough to deactivate all the accounts on it -

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

virus2k8

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
virus2k8
Accepted Solution

Greetings guys, enter https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action Log in with your PSN account, go to MEDIA AND DEVICES and deactivate all there, or go to DEVICES and deactivate them individually ,also you can delete your billing info.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

M-R-__-X

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
M-R-__-X