02 Feb 2011

Playstation Staff

ERROR 80023102!?!?!

17 Replies 5,484 Views Created 02-02-2011

what the hell is this sony?! a problem that dates back to 2008!?!

like many of you i am unable to add any funds to the psn wallet. ive tried to add funds from my pc and still no dice.

i am insanely frustrated and just about fed up with sonys shotty products and service.

any advice as how to sidestep the 80023102 error code would be much appreciated.

P.S.

SONY GET YOUR F*****G S**T STRAIGHT.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18 (5,484 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: ERROR 80023102!?!?!

I have been happily buying stuff from PSN for a month or so now but today it just decided to throw this error up, tried a few ideas posted all around the web for this issue that has existed for over 3 years now without so much a single acknowledgement from Sony but it simply comes down to the Store being broken. I've reset the PS3, tried topping up via the web, deleted and the re-entered my billing info, tried another card all to no avail, a show stopping bug in the system, if this is how badly ran the PS3's online services are I may as well just jailbreak the thing and ignore the online abilities of this machine.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18 (5,421 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Just started having this problem a week ago. Ummm yeah

Apparently they don't want me buying stuff from their store.

And to think all I wanted to do was buy the Pink Costume from Castle Crashers to help support cancer research. Sony can suck it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18 (5,368 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

same here, i'v never had a problem buying stuff from the PSN site but tonight i got the *****ty error 80023102 and cannot add funds to your account even though there the exact same details as i put in only a month ago, sooo f**king stupid, been googling it for an hour and not one solution... this is the first problem i'v had with the ps3, but still, not impressed at all!!! 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18 (5,264 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Just spent 2 *****ing hours trying to get funds into my account, tried 5 different cards, no dice.

I want Kurushi from the PS1 store, sort this *****ING ***** out, seriously, don't make me reactivate my xbl gold sub, cause if I have to, my PS3 is going on ebay and I won't touch any sony ***** for the rest of my life.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18 (5,202 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I've got the same problem. Same account information that's been on there for years now.

There are money on the account and all that.

Yet I can't buy stuff in the psn store.

I WANT TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY SONY, why won't you let me?

The bad service from sony regarding this issue, which has existed since 2008 if the forums are to be believed, is making me seriously reconsidering getting an xbox as my primary means of gaming.

Or at least turning to your competitors once it's time to roll out PS4.

Step your ***** up Sony, or start losing customers.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18 (5,194 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I am also receiving error message 80023102 when trying to purchase from the Playstation Store.  I have not changed my details for a while, and dispite using correct details (I made a purchase a week or so ago) and valid credit card cannot purchase items nor add funds to my wallet.

When I try adding funds from store.playstation.com, I get message "creditcard not valid".  My details are correct, and I have tried more than one valid card, verifying that my card details, billing and residental address are all correct.

Please look into the matter and advise.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18 (5,188 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Same problem here. Sony, get your s**t together.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18 (5,125 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Error code 80023102 
Summary 
Unable to connect to PlayStation Network 
Description 
Cannot connect to PlayStation Network (i.e., signing-in, accessing account settings, trying to connect to a game online, accessing or purchasing from the PlayStation Store, etc.).  This may be caused by scheduled maintenance or issues with PlayStation Network servers. 
Solution 
- Please visit the PlayStation Blog or the PlayStation Forums to check on the status of PlayStation Network. 
- If there is no maintenance to the PlayStation Network servers, please try to connect to PlayStation Network again. 
- If you continue to experience issues, you may need to troubleshoot your Internet connection.  Click on the type of connection below: 
    -  PS3 Wired 
    -  PS3 Wireless 
    -  PSP 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18 (5,113 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Error code 80023102 
Summary 
Unable to connect to PlayStation Network 
Description 
Cannot connect to PlayStation Network (i.e., signing-in, accessing account settings, trying to connect to a game online, accessing or purchasing from the PlayStation Store, etc.).  This may be caused by scheduled maintenance or issues with PlayStation Network servers.

I can sign in, access account details, and access the psn store just fine, even done a network connection test and yup its all working fine, like the others have said this has being floating around since 2008 i believe, this needs sorting out asap, might have to give them a ring.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18 (5,072 Views)
0 Kudos