21 Nov 2009
By clan31

Playstation Staff

ERROR CODE 8002F1F9

6 Replies 6,343 Views Created 21-11-2009

Hi,ive just brought modern warfare 2 , inserted it into PS3 (60gb)" the system decides it needs to update".

At 58%  into the update it stops "ERROR 8002F1F9"(please contact technical support).

I like millions of other PS3 owners have spent thousands of pounds on PS1, PS2 , PS3 consoles & games and am disguisted with the lack of help offered free of charge by sony.

My system worked absolutely fine before this update , ive basicaly just spent £40 on a game that when i inserted it into my machine - broke it !

Has anyone out there done the same or similar ?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (6,343 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: ERROR CODE 8002F1F9

I've got exactly the same problem with the same error message.  Left my system on and re-trying the system update for 24 hours and still hasn't done it properly.  Crashes at 65% every time.

Anyone got a solution???  Or anyone point me in the right direction for Tech Support??

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (5,996 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have the same problem ... hope to get this solved soon cause Snake is waiting for me :Confused:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (5,257 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i wouldn't hold your breath, i've also got this fault code, and on more than one PS3 , i've tried everything, including totally dismantling the PS3 to remove CMOS battery, and the update still stops at 64%

***** PS3 bluray laser fitting service available in the Chester area *****
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (5,244 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

so we get a nice update that wipes out our PS3. Nice one. am I cynical or does it smell of money? Anyone got a fix?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (4,027 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I found the real problem but obviously I don't work for Sony so I have no idea how to fix but maybe someone can figure it out. The real problem is the wifi/Bluetooth main board. If u didn't notice, before this error happened your wireless controller stop working and you couldn't connect to the Internet. At the time I paid no attention to this and 2 weeks later I tried to update my system. I tried every thing I could think of to fix it and I searched for videos on YouTube for hours. I also opened my ps3 slim to experiment but by doing that I voided the warranty. The only solution I could think of now is buying a brand new system but I'm afraid of the same thing happening again.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (3,265 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Hi guys,

The error code 8002F1F9 indicates that your PlayStation 3 is having difficulties updating the system software update. 

If you are updating of a disk then make sure that the disk is in good condition and free of scratches.

If you are attempting to update via the PS3 system or a storage media device such as a USB stick then reboot the system and then attempt to redownload the update again.

If the above does not help then contact PlayStation Support for further assistance.

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (3,251 Views)
0 Kudos