21 Nov 2009
By clan31

Playstation Staff

ERROR CODE 8002F1F9

6 Replies 6,476 Views Created 21-11-2009

Hi,ive just brought modern warfare 2 , inserted it into PS3 (60gb)" the system decides it needs to update".

At 58%  into the update it stops "ERROR 8002F1F9"(please contact technical support).

I like millions of other PS3 owners have spent thousands of pounds on PS1, PS2 , PS3 consoles & games and am disguisted with the lack of help offered free of charge by sony.

My system worked absolutely fine before this update , ive basicaly just spent £40 on a game that when i inserted it into my machine - broke it !

Has anyone out there done the same or similar ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (6,476 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: ERROR CODE 8002F1F9

I've got exactly the same problem with the same error message.  Left my system on and re-trying the system update for 24 hours and still hasn't done it properly.  Crashes at 65% every time.

Anyone got a solution???  Or anyone point me in the right direction for Tech Support??

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (6,129 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have the same problem ... hope to get this solved soon cause Snake is waiting for me :Confused:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (5,390 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i wouldn't hold your breath, i've also got this fault code, and on more than one PS3 , i've tried everything, including totally dismantling the PS3 to remove CMOS battery, and the update still stops at 64%

***** PS3 bluray laser fitting service available in the Chester area *****
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (5,377 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

so we get a nice update that wipes out our PS3. Nice one. am I cynical or does it smell of money? Anyone got a fix?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (4,160 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I found the real problem but obviously I don't work for Sony so I have no idea how to fix but maybe someone can figure it out. The real problem is the wifi/Bluetooth main board. If u didn't notice, before this error happened your wireless controller stop working and you couldn't connect to the Internet. At the time I paid no attention to this and 2 weeks later I tried to update my system. I tried every thing I could think of to fix it and I searched for videos on YouTube for hours. I also opened my ps3 slim to experiment but by doing that I voided the warranty. The only solution I could think of now is buying a brand new system but I'm afraid of the same thing happening again.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (3,398 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Hi guys,

The error code 8002F1F9 indicates that your PlayStation 3 is having difficulties updating the system software update. 

If you are updating of a disk then make sure that the disk is in good condition and free of scratches.

If you are attempting to update via the PS3 system or a storage media device such as a USB stick then reboot the system and then attempt to redownload the update again.

If the above does not help then contact PlayStation Support for further assistance.

SFZ

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (3,384 Views)
0 Kudos