09 Nov 2010

Playstation Staff

Ejecting noise

8 Replies 5,632 Views Created 09-11-2010

Hi,

My PS3 has stopped reading discs some of the time. However, within the last week it's more so than others. I insert the disc, it tries to read it but makes this noise as if it's ejecting and doesn't read it. No disc even appears in the menu. If the laser fried it would just fry not progressively die out. Why does this happen? It took me about 10 attempts to get Black Ops working today.

It has me baffled as it makes that eject noise but the disc doesn't come out unless I press the eject button myself.

I'm thinking of buying one off ebay for £35 incl. delivery! WIll be able to change it no problem but would rather not have to pay out the money!

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (5,632 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Ejecting noise

[ Edited ]

No one?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (5,588 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Double post!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (5,585 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

i think its just the sound of the laser trying to read the disc m8,it makes that sound when it scans the disc,but the laser doesnt pick up any info so it tends to loop on scan a bit
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (5,582 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i have the exact same problem :\ help please! 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (5,503 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I ended up buy a laser on ebay and replacing it myself! Took me 30 mins. Working perfect now with no problems! Cost me €34! I can give a step by step if you want??

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (5,497 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Ejecting noise \

i had the same problem on my ps3 slim120 g mine maked a ejecting noise because it couldent read the disk first time then it got worse it wouldent play black ops lol . its your lense it needs cleaning. it not  hard to do just get lens cleaning solution i got one with a disk cheap DONT NEED DISK  just the solution and cotton buds when u clean lens with cotton bud make sure not dripin clean with circular motion then with dry cotton bud the same way. just look on utube on how to open ps3 up safey. DONT DO THIS IF IN WARRENTY!!! .  MY PS3 WORKS GREAT NOW !

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (5,254 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Im having the exact same problem been driving mad. Could you give me any info on what Im looking for as far the part is concerned?  I have the 160GB second edition (if thats what you call it).  Thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (4,100 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Ejecting noise \

Sounds even better thanks for posting!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (4,099 Views)
0 Kudos