11 Aug 2010

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Error 80022D05

9 Replies 4,527 Views Created 11-08-2010

I've been experiencing this problem just this morning. When I turned on my PS3 that my trophies won't sync with my profile. Everytime I try to sync my trophies,it gets stuck in 10% – 11% in progress then I get an error code 80022D05. I tried several ways of syncing,thru the Trophy icon,by accessing my profile card,by comparing trophies but still didnt work. I tried syncing the trophies in my brother's account and my other accounts in my PS3 but they worked perfectly fine. This happened today only, yesterday it was working perfectly fine. I've also noticed my games tend to hang for a few seconds when trying to auto-save,like Darksiders and Tales of Monkey Island games.

I also noticed that when I tried placing in a new game (Dark Void),when the system prompts me that there is a new update and I press X, the please wait screen comes on then stays on for a few minutes then resets my PS3. This happens to all my user accounts in the PS3.

I'm using a PS3 Slim and I've only had it for 2 months or so. It couldn't be my internet or router cause like I said the other accounts on my PS3 syncs the trophies just fine. Can anyone help me out cause I'm a bit puzzled on what's happening.

Added Note: I tried booting into safe mode and use Restore System File. It said that hard disk system file is corrupted and will be restored. Still didn't work after that

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (4,527 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Error 80022D05

I'm having the EXACT same issue as you are having. Nothing seems to work. I even tried deleting the last game's save file thinking it maybe corrupted. This didn't work either. I'm out of ideas and their better be a fix or patch soon cause I'm not starting any new games just to lose the trophies I earned.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (4,426 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Not sure how I missed pobert's post last month - sorry!

If safe boot mode option 3 didn't work, option 4 is always worth a go too :smileyhappy:

see link below, but be sure to read about the implications of choosing the wrong option.
http://faq.en.playstation.com/cgi-bin/scee_gb.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?locale=en_GB&p_faqid=4545&...

Note that occasionally, a second safe boot may be required, choosing option 4 this time.
Option 4 WILL remove some (less vital) stuff - see above link for details.

Backup of game saves are always a good idea though, just in case.
You have 2 options - individual saves to usb stick, or a full backup to external usb HDD

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (4,417 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I tried doing both option 3 and 4 and nothing happens either. Still can't sync my trophies. I backed everything up, so do you think I need to format the HDD or just restore. I'm getting more frustrated as this continues. Please help!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (4,408 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

this may sound a little strange but...

1st up, check what date and time your PS3 is displaying.
If it's more than a few minutes out, go to Settings, Date and Time, from internet.

The try syncing again.

If you still get the problem, sync again, but this time, repeatedly mash the X button... (yes, really! :smileyhappy:)

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (4,399 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

TTDegs wrote:
this may sound a little strange but...

1st up, check what date and time your PS3 is displaying.
If it's more than a few minutes out, go to Settings, Date and Time, from internet.

The try syncing again.

If you still get the problem, sync again, but this time, repeatedly mash the X button... (yes, really! :smileyhappy:)
Tried that, doesn't work for me. I have similar problems to OP... Recently replaced launch day 'phat' with 250gb slim and get error 80022D05 when trying to sync trophies from XMB. It tends to shoot up to 6% fairly quick, then hangs at 10%, bit longer at 11%, eventually gets to 12% and after about 30 seconds gets to 13% then stops and gives me the error message. I have tried waiting until 'slower usage times', I've tried posting on forums, I've tried waiting a week, or two, and now three for official word, or a patch, or a maintenance update. Still no luck, same problem. Never been able to sync trophies since replacing my 'phat' with this 'slim'. Could that be a cause? Is there something I have to do to 'enable' my slim to sync with the server? Apologies, I'm a bit of a 'techno-n00b' in my old[er] age. Please help! PS... My trophies show up as being earned on my facebook page, and my trophy card in my signature is pretty accurate as far as I can tell (away from console). Does that mean it is syncing to the server? So confused!

check out my littlebigplanet level: The Temple of the Lost
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (4,310 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Alright, sorry for the double posting but this problem is beyond p!$$!ng me off.

I checked the 'Solutions' page regarding error code 80022D05 and the only post I could find was this one: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Technical/Trophy-Sync-Issues-Error-Code-80022D0...

MusterBuster claims that FW 2.6 had some fixes for known trophy syncing problems and says comparing trophies with friends repeatedly can in some instances fix the error 80022D05.

Further investigation finds that some posters have obtained results comparing with "20-30" friends. Great if it works, which for me it doesn't.

Surely there must be a better alternative to this, now that we have FW 3.5?????

I would've gladly posted in that thread if I could, but it's since been locked as it's "solved". Well, it ain't "solved" no more.

Help. PLEASE!

check out my littlebigplanet level: The Temple of the Lost
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (4,292 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

im having the same problem too! what will i do to fix this?:smileysad:(

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (3,545 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

jay_valenzuela wrote:

Have you tried the steps mentioned by TTD?

Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (3,531 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

fi8767 wrote:

jay_valenzuela wrote:

Have you tried the steps mentioned by TTD?

If you have issues with the Trophy sync, I would attempt to try comparing trophies with a friend:

Go to Friends List and press X on the friend to compare, this has been suggested in another thread HERE.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (3,528 Views)
0 Kudos