06 Nov 2008
Playstation Staff

Error 80023102

59 Replies 14,787 Views Created 06-11-2008

Before you say anything - yes i have looked on the forum to find this answer and none that i have found proved useful in the slightest.

Account funding is ruined for myself and ALOT of other people it seems as these forums are filling up with this topic and no answers so im making mine in the tech section to see if scee will get off their butts and openly admit "yes we're sorry we made a mistake we'll fix it soon" rather than keeping me in the dark.

I try to add funds to my account and BLAH - nothing i get this 80023102 error and ive had this for over a month. Infact i first noticed this problem a couple of patches ago. I can do all else fine i can browse, i can purchase free things etc but when I try to add it says error.

I did a little test too. I logged onto my friends PSN from my ps3 and we went on his account to buy stuff but it came up with the same error for him on my ps3. apparently it works fine for him back on his ps3 so this feels like my ps3 is nackerd. its a 60gig version which i dont fancy giving up for repairs cuz its now cinsidred 'rare' so if i send it off for repairs then they better keep everything thats inside just .... fix it not replace it unles they got spares which i doubt.

So what is this problem? its dam annoying as i cant buy anything from my account.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 60 (14,787 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Error 80023102

Yeah, had this for ages too. See latest fob off thread: http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=361&thread.id=908 

That said, I finally managed to add funds via tinterweb, which I previously couldn't, so that's something.

Sig by Jellboots!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 60 (14,773 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Account funding is ruined for myself and ALOT of other people it seems as these forums are filling up with this topic and no answers so im making mine in the tech section to see if scee will get off their butts and openly admit "yes we're sorry we made a mistake we'll fix it soon" rather than keeping me in the dark.

Hi There,

Thanks for the feedback.  As I've stated elsewhere, we ARE aware of this issue, and are working on a resolution and will have it available as soon as possible.  There is not a fix available at the moment, however you may find that you can add funds to your wallet by using the PC Store available with Media Manager or by clicking HERE.

Thanks for your patience!

NF

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 60 (14,776 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Even the PC Store won't let me, it just says your transaction could not be complete! Sucks, I'm gonna miss out on the tempory LBP downloads >.< I think I might go smash something now, that usually works for me
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 60 (14,691 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I am also now having this issue, totally gutted as there are items i want to buy in the store. Surely sony will get this sorted asap or that money will end up being spent elsewhere, the clock is ticking!

This issue has been ever since a certain firmware update.

Please contact me with a solution to this problem.

Id; stevieh27

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 60 (14,591 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Just tried to update and add funds via pc, and i am still unable to- it comes up with exactly the same error code and message about contacting technical support, starting to consider an xbox now, im getting hacked off with sony!!

this is happening with 2 debit cards on the same 60gb ps3

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 60 (14,589 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i'm also getting the same errors as everyone else, The PC resolution just says the same thing as my PS3, you can hardley mark this thead as "Solved" you havnt solved anything yet.

And marking as "Solved" dont make it solved.

Come on you Sony IT Boffin Monkeys bash some buttons and stuff and make it work.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 60 (14,580 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

So now that we have established that this problem is not solved where do we go from here?

I just tried to add funds to my wallet and got the 80023102 error. 

I replaced my damaged debit card so the number and the expiry date were different from the ones stored on my PS3 network account. 

Ive changed these but it keeps telling me i need to add a valid address. There wasnt anything wrong with the address before.

I have also tried to do this  through the online PS3 store.

I am using the 60gb model PS3.

So what is the fix?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 60 (14,573 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

yeah im having tht same problem sony. when i try to access billing info, or to fund the wallet t5ht error comes up. (80023102) then if i try a second time it just comes up with FFFFFFFF. i know the site that you need to go on to fund the wallet using your pc, but i dont know what you click on.

plz can some1 help me!!

can you:

a) get the error problem sorted

b) tell me how i fund my wallet using my pc. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 60 (14,525 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I've just made a final attempt before making a nasty call to sony and it works! I just had to re enter my card details and that was it. It must have been a problem on sonys side.

Im just glad its fixed!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 60 (14,485 Views)
0 Kudos