07 Oct 2010
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Error Code 8003041C - Can't delete

30 Replies 6,839 Views Created 07-10-2010

Under Music in the X media bar there is a file of music I never put there. I think a game some how put them on there. The sounds of the tracks are like some kind of game backing tracks. I have only ever put some CDs on there from ages ago. This file appeared from no-where.

When Filtered into Genre, the file they are in is 'Unknown'. It says there are 16 tracks 0'00' and 0kb but I can play them. The track titles are called

[BGM] 16_sunny_day

[BGM] 15_flower_strings

[BGM] 14_step_to_the_sun

I will not list all 16 but they seem like menu music or something. No words, just music. When I try to delete the file a message says

An Error occured during the Delete operation (8003041C)

I dont wanna do a system reset or what ever as I have loadsa stuff filled properly and would take ages to re-file. I can just leave it but how did it get there and why can't I delete it!? Looks messy.

Any one experience the same/ Similar thing What are my options?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 31 (6,839 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Error Code 8003041C - Can't delete

same thing happened to me...have the same 16 background music files and i can't delete them...

i don't know what happened but this thing showed up after i copied 2 cds to my ps3 (the donnas' bitchin' and the deftones)...

also i downloaded the cover album images of each cd from my pc to my ps3 via a flash drive...the flash drive is virus free, after i copied the covers images to there designated albums i (being a lazy ***** that i am) deleted the album cover images via my ps3...

i didn't  noticed this "unknown" file until  around 4 hours later when i wanted to listen to my music...did you find out how to get rid of it, or what is it exactly...i hope its not a virus or anything...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 31 (6,772 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

The file is still there. Unresolved.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 31 (6,760 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

I had a look at this when you first posted it up, and it does seem to affect a few people, none of whom seem to have come up with a fix as yet :smileysad:

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 31 (6,748 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i found the problem...it seems that my HDD got corrupted by a game, everytime i try to quit Darksiders my ps3 would beep twice and restart which f*cked up my HDD...

i called Sony up and they confirmed that my HDD was corrupted, basically i had to rebuild my database...here's a link on how to do it...

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ps3trophies.com%2Fforums%2Fguides-reviews-articles%...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 31 (6,738 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hey guys, i know where the files came from. I have a good assumption that when the update came out for the " Video Editor & Uploader" the 16 music files came with it, so that in the actually editing of movies you'd have something as background music. its a part of the bloody update!!!! D=   .......im pretty sure. Anyways i realized this through the 5 times ive tried to Transfer all my data from my old ps3 to my new one. (which still hasnt worked for me) =[   So now im going to copy all my save files to my USB, sync my trophies, and deactivate my PS3. Then copy all my save game files to my New ps3 and reactivate my account on it.....unfortunatly ill have to reinstall all my games, and update them =\   If anyone will talk to me about this PLEASE HELP.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 31 (6,305 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I found out how to get rid or them. Go to the video editor, press create new video, then close, back out of the folder. Re-enter the folder, delete the blank video you just created, and wala! If you have videos you have previously edited & saved, you will not be able to get rid of the soundtracks.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 31 (5,913 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Tried this and it just adds more files to the unknown folder!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31 (5,832 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

It comes fron hulu or netflix apps you downloaded to your ps3 erase one or the other and it should fix the problem. After u erase they should be gone from your unknown folder. Hey! it's no problem! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 31 (5,749 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

it's not from hulu or netflicks, it's from the video editor and uploader. i don't have either of the other 2 even installed. Still can't get rid up files. up to 208 from trying! pain in the a**. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 31 (5,577 Views)
0 Kudos