01 Jan 2009
By Jovien
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Error Code: 80710736 - What is this referring too?

11 Replies 19,779 Views Created 01-01-2009

Hi,

I've had my playstation for about 8-9 months now, everything seemed to be a-ok until the last system patch. I updated the system and all of a sudden I can no longer patch any of my games.

Whenever I start a game while connected to the internet I start to download the patch then get the above error code.

Now I would appreciate some advice other than "I don't know - phone sony", "disconnect from your internet", "connect directly to your router/modem", "update your router/modem firmware", as I've tried all but phoning sony. I have seen a few people having this issue and no one seems to have posted a explanation as to the problem or a working solution.

So can someone kindly help me with either please.

Thanks in advance.

-J

P.S.

Happy New Year!

Lets hope 2009 is better than 2008.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12 (19,779 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Error Code: 80710736 - What is this referring too?

Does no one actually know what this is?

Can I get a link to an official error code list please... if there is one?

This is a serious issue.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12 (19,781 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Hey!

Have you tried turning Media Server off in the Network settings on the XMB?

Could be worth a try, if not I am not to sure!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12 (19,778 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Yes I have unfortunately that has no effect. I did format my machine several time, and once I started installing games it appears to work for like the first 2-3 games then it starts spitting out that error everytime I try and update anything. : (
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12 (19,776 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Jovien wrote:
Yes I have unfortunately that has no effect. I did format my machine several time, and once I started installing games it appears to work for like the first 2-3 games then it starts spitting out that error everytime I try and update anything. : (

Hmm I really am not to sure then, I had a quick search on google for you and it seems a lot of people (including this forum) have posted they have a problem. I think the best option is to call Sony explain your problem to them and say that other people have the problem, is there anyway to fix this?

I know you probably didn't want to hear that, but I don't know what else to say!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (19,772 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Well at least you replied and went out of your way to assist, that is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

I have a feeling sony is going to say something is broken and they'll have to send a replace part out. Got a feeling there is either a fault with the system bios or the harddisk. Which explains why it allows the first few games to update then starts failing.

-J

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12 (19,765 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I hope you get it sorted, let me know what happens!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12 (19,763 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I have contacted support and they were about has helpful as a sand castle in a desert.

I have been unable update my games on my ps3 for going on what 3 months now. I today updated he firmware hoping this resolve the problems but unfortunately it hasn't.

So can someone please suggest a possible solution.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12 (19,708 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Greetings,

Great news, regardless of the lack of assistance from Sony or the Forum I have discovered not only the problem but the cure.

It appears to be an issue with either the router (not very likely) or my ISP provider (most likely). I discovered this when I took my PS3 round to my friends to test to see if it was a connectivity issue that was preventing me from updating my games. Apparently it was, the moment I plugged my PS3 into his cable modem I was able to update all my games without any issues.

I am currently using UK based Virgin Media ADSL through a BT line and using a Netgear DG834 v2.0 latest fireware router.

So for all you guys out there that are having the same issue and error code, try the following...

1. Try a different modem or router.

2. Take it to someone elses house and try it on their internet.

If this doesn't work then I would suggest whining to technical support.

Message Edited by Jovien on 27-02-2009 08:52 AM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (19,667 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hi,

I'm relatively new to the forum and I just stumbled across your thread.

I've had this problem on and off for the last year or so.

I'm glad you found a possible solution.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (18,399 Views)
0 Kudos