Level 1

Re: Final Fantasy XIII problems

Just as an update latest response from Square Enix.

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre,
Thank you for all these information, we will get back to you as soon as we know more about this issue, it will be forwarded to the right department
Thank you again for contacting us and for you interest in Square Enix products!
More help and information are available at the Square Enix Support Centre website.
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/index.php

Nidana Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 143 (3,996 Views)
0 Kudos

This is what happened to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHDPHhQYXBM

March 9 i posted the vid

I was very excited to deprive myself of sleep when i got this game but i to my dismay, the game freezes just early on the game. I tried to do it the 2nd time and it still hanged. So i decided to record it on my 3rd try. Yes, confirmed that Final Fantasy 13 Freeze/Hangs on my PS3. I tried pressing any buttons on the controller but i guess it really froze as even the XMB doesn't show up. even the PS3 doesn't blink at all.
Sigh.

UPDATE 13 March 2010:
the shop already replaced my copy twice and still hangs on the same place.

Now i managed to make it work. here's what i found out, when i load my 4th save file (my last save file), i get this freeze always at the same spot, what i did was load my 3rd save file (2nd to the last) and go through that part without any problem. the 3rd save file starts with lightning , the 4th save file is the 1st save you can do with snow.

Then i thought i was just lucky so i did a test. So when i started with my 3rd save file, i tried to save on the 4th (snow's first save point) and i just went through the freezing part above and created the 5th save just after the freeze part on the vid. So i then quit the game, loaded the NEW 4th save file i created and boom, it still froze on the scene on the vid.

So you need to try this, when something freezes, try to load the last save file then test the if it still freeze, if it does freeze then try the next save point file before your last save.

given the scenario above, im not sure if its a corrupted save file or its just that when FF tries to load from that save point, it will cause a freeze on some points.

NOW this sucks right? its clearly a problem that needs to be addressed. FF13 is a very relavant game. is this what happens when they decided to put it to multiplatform.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 143 (3,924 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I'm having same problems. I've decided best thing to do is do a complete system restore which hopefully should get rid of the error codes. I can play all my games again now unless I go back on final fantasy again which will knacker the console up again. I've emailed square enix but I aint touching the game until they find a solution. if not, I'm trading it in for unchartered 2

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 143 (3,869 Views)
0 Kudos

Welll if it makes you guys feel better I can't even get the game to show up on my PS3 Slim.  Insert disc wait 10 seconds machine clicks like it's spitting it out and then nothing.  Eject try again, thought it was the disc bought a second one (first was my brothers) nope same issue.  Called Sony did a file restore and teh guy gave up.   PS3 works fine with every other game I own but apparently not my this one.  Game works fine on my brothers fattty ps3 though.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 143 (3,744 Views)
0 Kudos

Well Square enix updated their support though it doesn't solve anything. O and I have a 120 gb slim and it freezes after the chapter 7 boss. 

from SE:

If the screen freezes or you get a black screen, please check the following:

- If the issue occurs multiple times at the same spot, please check if the disc is scratched or dirty

- When the disc is dirty, please wipe the disc from the center to the outer circle lightly with soft cloth

- When there is no scratch and the disc is not dirty, the game machine may have some issues. Please try with other game machine to see if the game starts. If the game starts with other game machine, then please contact the support center of the game machine. 

* If some discs does not start, game machine may have some issues. Also the information density of the disc is different, so some discs may not be read by the machine. 

- If the disc is scratched, the scratch cannot be fixed. 

* If the disc is scratched and the issue also occurs with other game machines, or you cannot try with the other machine, please contact us from the contact page.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 143 (3,679 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

it seems to have ruined me ps3 now. call of duty has started crashing :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 143 (3,605 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Just phoned sony again, and they said to try doing a full system restore. if it doesn't work, gonna cost £130 quid to replace :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 143 (3,596 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Dam to bad man! Did you ask about why it went down? Or if other people experienced it? Since it seems to happen alot with ffxiii....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 143 (3,593 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

this is'nt on, i did a format of my ps3 and it has'nt helped at all, and if sony think im gonna give them £130 their got another thing coming, id rather buy a xbox at least they look after their customers.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 143 (3,478 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

It seems to be problems with the Disk and how its telling the PS3 to stream data making the Blu-Ray disk laser work over time, and I would assume it goes back to the dual layer nature of the disk itself giving the most trouble while trying to read data.
Who knows why it makes the Disk Drive freak out so much though when other games work perfectly fine, but trying to play the game will most probably kill the disk drive entirely the way its going, hopefully this can be patched.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 143 (3,260 Views)
0 Kudos