29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Final Fantasy XIII problems

142 Replies 8,840 Views Created 10-03-2010

hey i just got FFXIII today and i started playing it and every single cutscene messes up, they go all sketchy and they get black lines going through them and go all laggy, i have one of the old 60GB models and ive heard that alot of those models have the same problem with this game, my warranty is expired as well because this is the first problem with it ive had so far

is there anything i can do to fix this??

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Nidana

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nidana
Accepted Solution

Just as an update latest response from Square Enix.

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre,
Thank you for all these information, we will get back to you as soon as we know more about this issue, it will be forwarded to the right department
Thank you again for contacting us and for you interest in Square Enix products!
More help and information are available at the Square Enix Support Centre website.
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/index.php

0 Kudos

Re: Final Fantasy XIII problems

Nidana Trophy Card
/16

mamotgwuapo

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mamotgwuapo
Accepted Solution

This is what happened to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHDPHhQYXBM

March 9 i posted the vid

I was very excited to deprive myself of sleep when i got this game but i to my dismay, the game freezes just early on the game. I tried to do it the 2nd time and it still hanged. So i decided to record it on my 3rd try. Yes, confirmed that Final Fantasy 13 Freeze/Hangs on my PS3. I tried pressing any buttons on the controller but i guess it really froze as even the XMB doesn't show up. even the PS3 doesn't blink at all.
Sigh.

UPDATE 13 March 2010:
the shop already replaced my copy twice and still hangs on the same place.

Now i managed to make it work. here's what i found out, when i load my 4th save file (my last save file), i get this freeze always at the same spot, what i did was load my 3rd save file (2nd to the last) and go through that part without any problem. the 3rd save file starts with lightning , the 4th save file is the 1st save you can do with snow.

Then i thought i was just lucky so i did a test. So when i started with my 3rd save file, i tried to save on the 4th (snow's first save point) and i just went through the freezing part above and created the 5th save just after the freeze part on the vid. So i then quit the game, loaded the NEW 4th save file i created and boom, it still froze on the scene on the vid.

So you need to try this, when something freezes, try to load the last save file then test the if it still freeze, if it does freeze then try the next save point file before your last save.

given the scenario above, im not sure if its a corrupted save file or its just that when FF tries to load from that save point, it will cause a freeze on some points.

NOW this sucks right? its clearly a problem that needs to be addressed. FF13 is a very relavant game. is this what happens when they decided to put it to multiplatform.

0 Kudos

/16

Camel-Toad90

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Camel-Toad90
Accepted Solution

i bought the game yesterday,played for about 2 hours and it froze at the cutscene where the lake crystalizes at the begining of chapter 2

after it froze it wouldnt even read the disc eventually i got it to read by reseting the system only to have it freeze again about 5 minutes in during another cutscene

3rd time i got it to work it froze at the crystarrium menu

now it either doesnt read the disc or freezes at the square enix logo.

i exchanged the game for another copy today still the same thing.

i dont have another game to test so  need to know if its the game or my ps3 i have a fat 80g bought it refurbished 3 months ago it says on the back its from 2008

0 Kudos

/16

Camel-Toad90

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Camel-Toad90
Accepted Solution
i did use multiple saves but after restoring the system commpletly all the data is gone so dont know if its my blue ray laser or just the game
0 Kudos

/16

taktics23

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
taktics23
Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

lunik1

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lunik1
Accepted Solution

Ok, new ps3 en route, question is do I play Final Fantasy on it :/

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

taktics23

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
taktics23
Accepted Solution

Totally up to you to take the risk, I mean it froze on me once and my laser burned out, but for most people the game worked fine.

0 Kudos

/16

taktics23

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
taktics23
Accepted Solution

Sorry for the double post but I want to share with everyone what I did so far to fix my ps3 and the problem that my ps3 had. First off when I was playing the game 23hrs in the game it froze then my ps3 crashed. After the crash my ps3 no longer read any types of cds(blue rays, dvds, cds). When I put in any cd you could see the load clock (upper right side) loading but it doesnt read the discs. Now if your having the same problem its due to your lens being burnt out. I know this because I just got my replacement lens that I ordered online and replaced it today and my ps3 reads discs again. An expert said the lens was burnt out but its still uncertain whether the game caused that to happen or not. So if your having the same problem as I am you should just order the part yourself and get it replaced by a professional (local repair shops) or if your confident in your ability you can do it yourself. This will save you the 150$ you'll be spending sending it to Sony, the replacements lens should only cost around 45-55$ and the time you'll be spending waiting for the system to come back from Sony which takes forever. I'm not going to try and play FF13 anytime soon because I don't want to have the problem again, until I'm certain that it isn't the game I'm going to wait it out until this problem is addressed clearly. I hope that helps anyone with this problem, and please comment if you having similiar problems. Thank you

0 Kudos

/16

lunik1

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lunik1
Accepted Solution

The problem is it's not entirely clear whether all of the game discs have a possibility of causing an error or if it's certain discs that have a very high chance of causing the error. Has anyone had this error twice using the same disc or using two different discs?

0 Kudos

/16

GodMonk

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GodMonk
Accepted Solution

Ditto! exact same problem with my ps3, ff13 completely crashed it after about 30 hrs play. I have one of the old fatties too!

0 Kudos

/16

Melethwen

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Melethwen
Accepted Solution

Your lucky they just said this to me

Dear customer,  

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre,
Could you simply try ask your retailer for a refund as it seems to be a data corruption occuring when you reach a new sequence.
Thank you again for contacting us and for you interest in Square Enix products!
More help and information are available at the Square Enix Support Centre website.
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/index.php

Basicly: We dont care return the game (which i can't who the hell takes back a game becuse the company that made it made it crash the ps3 (they will give me a new cd but that does not help...)

I thought more highly of square-enix but this just shows that they only care about the profit and if they destroy some ps3's they don't care.

0 Kudos

/16

StandingOvation

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
StandingOvation
Accepted Solution

I've had this issue for the past few days and I do not have the time nor the energy to explain how dissapointed I am with Square Enix. Sony was trying to be helpful, but Square was just trying to be pass the blame. Square Enix is going to get a rather scathing email from me whenever I get the energy. I know I'm just one guy out of the millions that own the game, but not saying anything would be a crime.

I have the fat playstion first model 20G. Old, but never had a problem with anything but ff13. The game wouldn't load after chapter 7. I finally got it working by taking Sony's suggestion of turning off the media server in the network on the xmb (not sure what this helps), putting my saves on a thumbstick, deleting them from the HD, starting the game again with the media server off (allowing it to "mini install" again). I did all of this once, but I exchanged my game disc twice. Third time was the charm. I don't know if all of this is necessary, but I just didn't want to leave anything out.

I may have just gotten lucky, but maybe it's something to do with these discs that they are selling.

Either way. Completely ridiculous.

0 Kudos

/16

sfubd

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sfubd
Accepted Solution

I can confirm that saving your file on a flash drive/card, deleting the save on the PS3, running the game again to "mini instal", then putting the save back, after a restart(in my case), indeed works...
Hopefully not just once...

0 Kudos

/16

MrKipling8

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrKipling8
Accepted Solution

I'm having same problems. I've decided best thing to do is do a complete system restore which hopefully should get rid of the error codes. I can play all my games again now unless I go back on final fantasy again which will knacker the console up again. I've emailed square enix but I aint touching the game until they find a solution. if not, I'm trading it in for unchartered 2

0 Kudos

/16

kozzynova

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kozzynova
Accepted Solution

Welll if it makes you guys feel better I can't even get the game to show up on my PS3 Slim.  Insert disc wait 10 seconds machine clicks like it's spitting it out and then nothing.  Eject try again, thought it was the disc bought a second one (first was my brothers) nope same issue.  Called Sony did a file restore and teh guy gave up.   PS3 works fine with every other game I own but apparently not my this one.  Game works fine on my brothers fattty ps3 though.

0 Kudos

/16

Exodus1518

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Exodus1518
Accepted Solution

Well Square enix updated their support though it doesn't solve anything. O and I have a 120 gb slim and it freezes after the chapter 7 boss. 

from SE:

If the screen freezes or you get a black screen, please check the following:

- If the issue occurs multiple times at the same spot, please check if the disc is scratched or dirty

- When the disc is dirty, please wipe the disc from the center to the outer circle lightly with soft cloth

- When there is no scratch and the disc is not dirty, the game machine may have some issues. Please try with other game machine to see if the game starts. If the game starts with other game machine, then please contact the support center of the game machine. 

* If some discs does not start, game machine may have some issues. Also the information density of the disc is different, so some discs may not be read by the machine. 

- If the disc is scratched, the scratch cannot be fixed. 

* If the disc is scratched and the issue also occurs with other game machines, or you cannot try with the other machine, please contact us from the contact page.

0 Kudos

/16

MrKipling8

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrKipling8
Accepted Solution

it seems to have ruined me ps3 now. call of duty has started crashing :(

0 Kudos

/16

MrKipling8

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MrKipling8
Accepted Solution

Just phoned sony again, and they said to try doing a full system restore. if it doesn't work, gonna cost £130 quid to replace :(

0 Kudos

/16

Melethwen

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Melethwen
Accepted Solution
Dam to bad man! Did you ask about why it went down? Or if other people experienced it? Since it seems to happen alot with ffxiii....
0 Kudos

/16

thepain6

49%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thepain6
Accepted Solution
this is'nt on, i did a format of my ps3 and it has'nt helped at all, and if sony think im gonna give them £130 their got another thing coming, id rather buy a xbox at least they look after their customers.
0 Kudos

/16

CorrisD

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CorrisD
Accepted Solution
It seems to be problems with the Disk and how its telling the PS3 to stream data making the Blu-Ray disk laser work over time, and I would assume it goes back to the dual layer nature of the disk itself giving the most trouble while trying to read data.
Who knows why it makes the Disk Drive freak out so much though when other games work perfectly fine, but trying to play the game will most probably kill the disk drive entirely the way its going, hopefully this can be patched.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel