02 Jun 2011
By: RabidWalker Beta Tester 3,743 Posts
Level 6

Full Restoration of PlayStation Network Service begins today 2nd June 2011

[ Edited ]
7 Replies 22,972 Views edited 02-06-2011

'Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) announced today that Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI, the company) will fully restore all PlayStation®Network services today June 2, 2011, in the Americas, Europe/PAL territories and Asia, excluding Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea'.

Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity™ for PlayStation®3 (PS3®), PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), VAIO and other PCs will also return as part of the restoration.

Details of the 'Welcome Back' package program offered to all registered PlayStation Network (applicable to regions with access to the PlayStation Store) and Qriocity account service will be announced for each region.

Content will continue to be added to the PlayStation Store to ensure it is up-to-date.

If you are having issues accessing the store (or are receiving the error code 80710D36), please be aware of the high traffic accessing the Store at this time.

You may have encountered the error code 80023103 when checking your download list or attempting to add funds to the wallet. We are currently working to increase capacity across the network to allow everyone to connect.

Update:

It has just been confirmed that, due to the Store coming back a little later than we hoped, the extra days added to Plus memberships is being extended by another 10 days so you are getting a total of 70 days extra for free (for existing members). This will show up automatically on your account in the next few days.

• If you were a Plus member on or before the 21st April, we have automatically added a full 60 days onto your Plus membership to make sure you get back any time missed. You don’t need to do anything to get this; it has been added to your account and your membership will simply carry on for 60 days past the original renewal date.

• We will be keeping April’s content on the Plus section of the Store for a further 2 weeks in case you missed anything before the 21st.

• We have an action packed month for you in June and, for the first time, we have a fantastic EA title for you – our flagship title this month is the amazing open-world racing game and the king of arcade racing. Burnout Paradise is available to download as part of June’s content list so don’t miss it.

As soon as more information becomes available I will update here.

If there are any queries please PM or Tweet me.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (22,972 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Full Restoration of PlayStation Network Service begins today 2nd June 2011

this is store related but not Error code related.

I tried to buy the Burnout paradise game for free off the store but when i selected it i got a pop up box saying

"This content cannot be accessed off your account" can you please help me understand why this is happening? i have looked online and found nothing.

Is it due to Age restrictions because i have them turned off at the moment.

by the way good work on the momumental task of bringing PSN back up in a short time.

Very well done

photo Signature_zpsc792b269.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (22,936 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Wait-Jester-Sec wrote:

this is store related but not Error code related.

I tried to buy the Burnout paradise game for free off the store but when i selected it i got a pop up box saying

"This content cannot be accessed off your account" can you please help me understand why this is happening? i have looked online and found nothing.

Is it due to Age restrictions because i have them turned off at the moment.

by the way good work on the momumental task of bringing PSN back up in a short time.

Very well done

I would not have thought age restrictions should stop you downloading Burnout: Paradise Jester.

I have just tried this myself (with Burnout) through PlayStation Plus and have got the same message as yourself- also got the error code 80710D36 which people are having when accessing the Store.

This potentially may be due to work being done behind the scenes in terms of content, and possibly volume of people on the store. However it's not isolated  to yourself so don't panic! :Thumbs:

I'll keep you updated when I have more information!

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (22,809 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

[ Edited ]

Sweet good to know :smileyhappy: thanks mate good that your on the job :smileyhappy:

photo Signature_zpsc792b269.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (22,748 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

i was under the impresion you got it free if you subbed to ps plus
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (22,689 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

THETIGERSOFHULL wrote:
i was under the impresion you got it free if you subbed to ps plus

This is not the case, existing members would get 30 Days PS+ membership (in addition to 30 days missed through the Network issue). Everyone should get the 30 days so you shouldn't need to subscribe (unless you wish to extend it beyond the 30 days).

The extra 10 days applies to the existing PS+ subscribers (due to the late store return) as far as we know, but will keep you updated!

:Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (21,958 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

2 words - fantastic news :smileyhappy:

2 more - great work :smileyhappy:

We all know that it's taken a while to get back up, longer than many including Sony would probably have hoped, but big congrats to all the techies working away behind the scenes, and it looks like a great way to reopen :smileyhappy:

Welcome back store!

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (14,859 Views)
0 Kudos

Good day. I miss the welcome package back. I only have a playstation, plus the free month. The selection of the five games I have. id nocoment@seznam.cz

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (855 Views)
0 Kudos