28 Nov 2010
By: BigJohnnyQ

1 Posts

Just lost all my saved games

2 Replies 2,163 Views Created 28-11-2010

Switched my PS3 on this evening to continue play GT5 however on starting the game I soon discovered I was starting a fresh. Checked in the saved games folder to find it empty! Somewhat upset as I've probably lost 100's of hours worth of game invested time, infact I actually cant believe it.

What's strange though is everything else is fine; music, video, pictures, game updates are all still present. It is only my game saves that are missing?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated before I launch it out the window!

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (2,163 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Re: Just lost all my saved games

[ Edited ]

Hey mate, welcome to the forums!

This is very strange, I've not heard of this happening before...is it just GT5 games that are lost or other saved games too?

Have you tried doing a backup to an external USB drive and then restoring from it to see if they appear once you do that?

- Settings->System Settings->Backup Utility

----------------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (2,120 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: Just lost all my saved games

RestInPieces wrote:

Hey mate, welcome to the forums!

This is very strange, I've not heard of this happening before...is it just GT5 games that are lost or other saved games too?

Have you tried doing a backup to an external USB drive and then restoring from it to see if they appear once you do that?

- Settings->System Settings->Backup Utility

I totally agree with 'Resinpieces'

Is there still any files in the 'Saved Data Utility (PS3)'? 

If so are all your game save files missing or just GTA?

I would back up your system to USB and try 'restore file system' from PS3 safe mode.  You can enter this by holding the power button from standby, hold your finger on until it turns off and parks the drive.  Then turn it back on holding down the power button until you hear a beep followed shortly by two beeps, then let it go.  This will take you to your safe mode menu.

Hope this helps you.  If this fails, at least you still have your data safe on USB to reinstall.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (2,091 Views)
0 Kudos