24 Nov 2008
By mezamo

Playstation Staff

Keep Getting Signed out of PS network

7 Replies 8,428 Views Created 24-11-2008

Hi Guys,

Have been having trouble with my network connection for a couple of days now. Everytime I try to connect to the playstation network it takes ages to sign in then it disconnects. Been online for about a year at this stage with no problems. The connection test keeps failing when checking UPnP ( It times out). when I do get connected I cannot play COD4 online as it says it cannot connnect to the activision server. ANy help would be really apreciated..thx

Mez

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8 (8,428 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Keep Getting Signed out of PS network

try truning off the router and then put it bak on, if that doesnt work do the internet settings again

and if  that doesnt work then.... well thats all i got

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8 (8,418 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

mezamo wrote:

Hi Guys,

Have been having trouble with my network connection for a couple of days now. Everytime I try to connect to the playstation network it takes ages to sign in then it disconnects. Been online for about a year at this stage with no problems. The connection test keeps failing when checking UPnP ( It times out). when I do get connected I cannot play COD4 online as it says it cannot connnect to the activision server. ANy help would be really apreciated..thx

Mez

Same here, it comes and goes, don't think it is your set up, I think it is actual PSN issues.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8 (8,420 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Same thing is happening to me especially on COD WAW. I think its probably PSN issues.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8 (8,412 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Im getting the same thing here, I have ATT the elite package and i even droped the phone line that way i can get a NAT type 1 or 2 with the router.  everything was just fine untill 2 weeks ago when i just kept getting signed out of playstation network.  Im having ATT people coming in tomorrow and see if they can solve the problem, one rep said that it was a line problem with the dsl but other people say that its with PSN.  Please help somebody I just want an answer.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8 (8,321 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

try disabling media sever in the ps3 settings. this usually works
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8 (8,282 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

That didn't work for me, I've been trying to figure out solutions, everything else works, but the NAT keeps failing and it says it timed out, (80230203), and I want it at NAT type 2, where it should be for a wireless connection, I can sign in, I can go online, but it wont find no games on mw2, I cant join parties or nuttin, the ps3 error code tool said it might be a network congestion?, if anyone knows how to fix this, please tell me

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8 (7,559 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hi,

I don't know if you got this sorted out, but I had the same problem for 2 weeks. I rang Sony & my internet provider, they where both a waist of time. I went online and opened a new account, then I reset my PS3 back to factory settings, BE WARNED, YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING FROM YOUR HARDRIVE.

Now when you log in with your new name, and put a game in, it will upload the game data, and Hey Presto, Its like a brand new PS3.

Hope this helps,

XxCHISUMxX

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8 (6,740 Views)
0 Kudos