14 Nov 2011

Playstation Staff

MW3 Frame Rate/Lag

11 Replies 1,644 Views Created 14-11-2011

Now I have loved ps3 since the ps1 but in MW3 the frame rate drops and you have to aim to miss a player with a sniper to get a kill. Anything less than a 5 bar is poor, a 3 bar or less and you may as well not bother picking up the remote.

I stuck with ps3 through the bad blops connection and the bad BF3 connection but this is a joke. Xbox has a perfect connection on the same connection as my ps3 with NO frame rate drops.

Could someone at ps3 please address this issue rather than pretend this isnt one. 90% plus of the people I play with regularly are thinking of leaving for xbox and when you consider this is the biggest gaming franchise I cant imagine its good for your company. Add into this that I am recieving complaints from my YT subscribers and it wouldnt suprise me if Sony lose a lot of business for the next gen consoles. 

Before it is suggested,

Turning off theatre does nothing and I have an Open Nat type.

Thanks,

Josh 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12 (1,644 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: MW3 Frame Rate/Lag

Lag = Servers

If people would seriously start their gaming collection and abandon a particular console because of a bit of lag on one game, then that seems a bit sad to me.

Oh wait, I said gaming collection...

I suppose you have also tried port forwarding, putting your PS3 into a DMZ etc.. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12 (1,609 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I don't have mw3 but i have bf3 & have not seen any lag what so ever are you sure it's not your connection or isp.

Frame rate dropping would be more down to game coding than console issues.

But if your gonna use the pathetic threat that your gonna buy an xbox why tell everyone just do it as no one is gonna sympathise with you over childish threats.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12 (1,586 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

It's not just PS3, this is what the 360 community is saying...

http://www.callofduty.com/thread/100572533?start=0&tstart=0

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12 (1,578 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

It's even worse if you get picked has host. I get picked quite a lot of times since changing to cable and it feels as if I am being penalised for it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (1,533 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

dont lie mate

the highway map on bf3 is the worst for lag

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12 (1,455 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

owning both consoles it still sickens me when people threaten to leave one console for anther for the smallest reason.

MW3 is broken on both platforms due to activisions poor server set up!

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12 (1,440 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

theres no servers in cod games as they use the p2p

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12 (1,436 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

British_KILLA-- wrote:

It only goes into P2P when the game is about to start!

You need in gamer servers to set you up and they are supose to choose the best connection but they never do.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (1,434 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

British_KILLA-- wrote:

It only goes into P2P when the game is about to start!

You need in gamer servers to set you up and they are supose to choose the best connection but they never do.

Wouldnt it be better then to do what EA do and actually have hosted games, this would cut down on lag (though probably not totally get rid of it) but also cut out people cheating by hosting "dodgy" servers.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (1,419 Views)
0 Kudos