06 Dec 2009
Playstation Staff

MY PS3 SYSTEM UPDATE WON'T WORK.!!

14 Replies 4,267 Views Created 06-12-2009

Basically, its been about a month now that my PS3 has stopped working. We've not had a problem before. Whats happend is when we try and do the system update, it won't work. It does it uptil 73% bang on and then fails with an error code. Its been doing this for a month now. We can't even play a game as in order to play a game you need to update the system. So yeah its pretty ***** annoying as i've been away from my beloved ps3 for some time now.!! We've rang up sony three times now and no proper help. We were told to try and update through a wired connection as ours is wireless, but that also failed. We were then told to download the system update to a memory stick and then upload it like that but no luck as that has also failed. Sony said they won't replace our ps3 as we're past the warranty date however they can give us a replacement but for £128. Its a joke. The ps3 is now useless. Can't do anything with it, can't play games as it requires an update. We've restored the system, nothing has worked, someone help.!! E-mail me on:

thug_pwiincess@hotmail.co.uk (ignore the addy! it was made 7years ago in year 6!!

Thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15 (4,267 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: MY PS3 SYSTEM UPDATE WON'T WORK.!!

Have you tried fromatting the HDD, it may be your only option.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (4,261 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Whats HDD?? High definition drive? :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15 (4,245 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hard drive. Or you can access the debug menu and to a full system restore. You will lose yer save games though.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15 (4,237 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Ouch sounds like a nightmare, back up all your game saves and music etc then when the PS3 is on standby so just red light on hold down the power button till it beeps three times.  A new menu pops up go for Restore system to default this makes the unit think its brand new, keep the system update on your pen and see if it will download it.  I really hope you manage to get something sorted asap.  Keep us posted on how you get on :Thumbs:
Beavis is da man Vote Stu for PM :Thumbs:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (4,235 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

sony will fob anyone off if the machine is over 1 year old, we all know its a disgrace , 128 pounds is a lot of money for something that should have lasted a lot longer my ps1 and ps2 still work, like someone says above format the hard drive and try to install firmware from usb stick if that dont work try new hard drive their pretty cheap and try again, NO way pay sony 128 pounds it wont last so if you must have a machine purchase a new one after christmas, sorry to hear of your problems but hope this advice helps good luck
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15 (4,229 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

By restore do you mean formatted the hard drive and started over?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (4,193 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Well ii clicked restore ps3 system? and ii did the one underneath it

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (4,190 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

@Dnlgee yes bud so do a full system backup before doing a restore, its makes the PS3 think its brand new and out the box.

@Ashii how did you get on ???

Beavis is da man Vote Stu for PM :Thumbs:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (4,183 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

@dwad69 Completed missed your post before mate haha, sorry. Yea I knew about the recovery menu thing :smileytongue:

@Ashii-Babyy-x you said you tried the restore option, go back into the menu dwad69 described but this time choose to restore the file system
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15 (4,173 Views)
0 Kudos