By lOl-GAz

lOl-GAz

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

MY PS3 WONT LOAD UP GAMES OR OTHER DISCS!

18 Replies 29,095 Views Created 21-10-2009
OK so one day I was playing a game and it freezes, so I restarted the system but there was no disc icon under (games) to click on, so I put in a blu ray, DVD, and CD but non of them would pop up, now I was worried so I contacted Sony and they fixed it. About 3 months later it happens again but this time my warranty had ran out!! And they wanted me to pay £99 just to get it fixed I didn't want to play so I left my Ps3 for about 3 days then went back to try it out and somehow my ps3 had fixed itself!!. Another 4 months later (now) it happens again I left it for 1 month and kept on trying to see if it would fix itself but it hasn't.   HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Help::Help:   (I have already tried: rebuild system, restore system and restore file data)
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

OokieUSM

59%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
OokieUSM
Accepted Solution

join the club

0 Kudos

Re: MY PS3 WONT LOAD UP GAMES OR OTHER DISCS!

Award Winner
/16

nerdlegend

• Award Winner
96%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nerdlegend
Accepted Solution
Blueray drive is gone going to have to send if off to sony again sorry to say
0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

OokieUSM

59%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
OokieUSM
Accepted Solution
no way in hell am i paying for a replacement
0 Kudos

/16

giodude99

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
giodude99
Accepted Solution

Can sony actually replace the blu ray player? Because I have gt over 100gb of game data and can't be bothered to re-install again as i have 0.3mbps where i live. This is my 2nd ps3 broken now, same reason....i'm sure if you pay them they will....i am willing to pay upto £300 to get it fixed and i dont want a replacement!!!

0 Kudos

/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution
Sometimes Sony will fix rather than replace - but you have to specifically ask them about it, and be prepared to wait.

0 Kudos

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

/16

lOl-GAz

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lOl-GAz
Accepted Solution
r u sure?? Coz alot of people have told me alot of things like its my laser, its the blu ray drive and other stuff
0 Kudos

/16

SgtBarnes

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SgtBarnes
Accepted Solution

What people are telling you is the same thing, Blu-Ray Drive going, and laser packing up are generally the same answer.

Putting it better would be to say the laser on the drive has malfunctioned.

However it might be dirty, you can buy a Blu ray drive cleaner which is PS3 compatible.

Have you tried the Hidden System Restore? Some people have had results with this method.

0 Kudos

Beggars are operating on this train, please do NOT encourage professional beggars, if you have any spare change you can give it to me.

/16

awiharry

20%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
awiharry
Accepted Solution
To save you the hassel the first thing they will say on the phone is go to: Setting>System Settings>Restore Format>choose the full one. It sometimes works if you have corrupt data on your PS3. but it took me 5 hours to complete it so.
0 Kudos

/16

lOl-GAz

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lOl-GAz
Accepted Solution
I decided to clean my ps3 by cleaning the filters and putting in a blu ray drive cleaner but then I picked it up and heard rattling inside so I think its literally broken not malfunctioned. And yes I have tried the hidden system restore. but thx anyway
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

T-e-X

• Award Winner
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
T-e-X
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

/16

UKLIAMB

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
UKLIAMB
Accepted Solution

I have the same problem and have tried restoring default settings and updating to the latest version available and the problem persists. Although the problem may be on and off for some people it doesn't seem to want to cure itself even for a short while. The only "SOLUTION" that the forums seem to give is to send it to be replaced or repaired by Sony and mine has passed its warranty stage so that is no use to me. My PS3 has been well loved (and certainly not overused, I've hardly got my moneys worth out of it for it to pack up now ) and is in excellent working order other than it doesn't read discs or even seem to know that they have been inserted.

As for Playstation wanting IOI-Gaz to pay £99 for a repair, that's disgusting - you could pick up an x box 360 for close to that, which i assume is an answer many people will be turning to if no one can come up with the solution or PS3 do not provide a patch or a repair service. It's not like the problem is from abuse of the hardware we are just playing a game as normal and then it freezes and you can never play a game or disc again.

0 Kudos

/16

jfarlo

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jfarlo
Accepted Solution

Same problem for me. Have tried all recomendations. Really feel playstation has a problem here. Have seen 100s of other people with the same problem on fixit.com . When i mailed sony they told me to take it to the shop where i bought it And i could get areplacement for 160 euro having paid 400 for the console. what a joke. will have to explore buying an xbox instead. could not give sony money for another

0 Kudos

/16

double8trouble

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
double8trouble
Accepted Solution
i use to have a xbox then i swithched to ps3 free internet no pay to play bad choice....and R.R.O.D watch out for over heating signs the xbox wont tell u any sort of that
0 Kudos

/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution

UKLIAMB wrote:

I have the same problem and have tried restoring default settings and updating to the latest version available and the problem persists. Although the problem may be on and off for some people it doesn't seem to want to cure itself even for a short while. The only "SOLUTION" that the forums seem to give is to send it to be replaced or repaired by Sony and mine has passed its warranty stage so that is no use to me. My PS3 has been well loved (and certainly not overused, I've hardly got my moneys worth out of it for it to pack up now ) and is in excellent working order other than it doesn't read discs or even seem to know that they have been inserted.

As for Playstation wanting IOI-Gaz to pay £99 for a repair, that's disgusting - you could pick up an x box 360 for close to that, which i assume is an answer many people will be turning to if no one can come up with the solution or PS3 do not provide a patch or a repair service. It's not like the problem is from abuse of the hardware we are just playing a game as normal and then it freezes and you can never play a game or disc again.

Appreciate that post is a little bit old now, but other solutions are available - they still cost, but not as much.

check out the link in my sig 

0 Kudos

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

/16

i5hann0n

32%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
i5hann0n
Accepted Solution
going by the sheer volume of people with problems, this looks like defective harware. well done sony - how to send your customers to your rivals
0 Kudos

/16

i5hann0n

32%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
i5hann0n
Accepted Solution
have asked the us ceo to answer a few qs on this. will let you know outcome
0 Kudos

/16

taylorgurl32

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
taylorgurl32
Accepted Solution

actually my dad fixed mine then broke again so.... just buy a new system.. sell your other one for parts. 

0 Kudos

/16

double8trouble

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
double8trouble
Accepted Solution

hey guys i jest got this game called motor storm and the first time i tryed to play it.it worked fine now wen i tryed to do the update to play online it jest ffroze soo i turended it off then turneded it back on and it dosent even load all it dose is go right back to the ps3 home screen this dosent not happen to any of my other games????

HELP!!

0 Kudos

???? HELP!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel