21 Oct 2009
By lOl-GAz

Playstation Staff

MY PS3 WONT LOAD UP GAMES OR OTHER DISCS!

18 Replies 26,674 Views Created 21-10-2009
OK so one day I was playing a game and it freezes, so I restarted the system but there was no disc icon under (games) to click on, so I put in a blu ray, DVD, and CD but non of them would pop up, now I was worried so I contacted Sony and they fixed it. About 3 months later it happens again but this time my warranty had ran out!! And they wanted me to pay £99 just to get it fixed I didn't want to play so I left my Ps3 for about 3 days then went back to try it out and somehow my ps3 had fixed itself!!. Another 4 months later (now) it happens again I left it for 1 month and kept on trying to see if it would fix itself but it hasn't.   HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Help::Help:   (I have already tried: rebuild system, restore system and restore file data)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19 (26,674 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: MY PS3 WONT LOAD UP GAMES OR OTHER DISCS!

join the club

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19 (26,626 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Blueray drive is gone going to have to send if off to sony again sorry to say
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19 (26,622 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

no way in hell am i paying for a replacement
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19 (26,620 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

r u sure?? Coz alot of people have told me alot of things like its my laser, its the blu ray drive and other stuff
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19 (26,650 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

What people are telling you is the same thing, Blu-Ray Drive going, and laser packing up are generally the same answer.

Putting it better would be to say the laser on the drive has malfunctioned.

However it might be dirty, you can buy a Blu ray drive cleaner which is PS3 compatible.

Have you tried the Hidden System Restore? Some people have had results with this method.

Beggars are operating on this train, please do NOT encourage professional beggars, if you have any spare change you can give it to me.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19 (26,648 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

To save you the hassel the first thing they will say on the phone is go to: Setting>System Settings>Restore Format>choose the full one. It sometimes works if you have corrupt data on your PS3. but it took me 5 hours to complete it so.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19 (26,620 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I decided to clean my ps3 by cleaning the filters and putting in a blu ray drive cleaner but then I picked it up and heard rattling inside so I think its literally broken not malfunctioned. And yes I have tried the hidden system restore. but thx anyway
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19 (26,581 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19 (26,543 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have the same problem and have tried restoring default settings and updating to the latest version available and the problem persists. Although the problem may be on and off for some people it doesn't seem to want to cure itself even for a short while. The only "SOLUTION" that the forums seem to give is to send it to be replaced or repaired by Sony and mine has passed its warranty stage so that is no use to me. My PS3 has been well loved (and certainly not overused, I've hardly got my moneys worth out of it for it to pack up now ) and is in excellent working order other than it doesn't read discs or even seem to know that they have been inserted.

As for Playstation wanting IOI-Gaz to pay £99 for a repair, that's disgusting - you could pick up an x box 360 for close to that, which i assume is an answer many people will be turning to if no one can come up with the solution or PS3 do not provide a patch or a repair service. It's not like the problem is from abuse of the hardware we are just playing a game as normal and then it freezes and you can never play a game or disc again.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19 (25,889 Views)
0 Kudos