Technical Help

Technical Help

30 Nov 2010
By: R2700

1 Posts

'Max number of PSN ID's has been reached' :<

5 Replies 1513 Views Created 30-11-2010

Hi everyone

I've had my PS3 for nearly 3 years, and have shared it with my brother. It still works perfectly, but we have a slight problem. You see, he has his friends around all the time and when they come over they usually create an (or use an existing) account, before deleting it when they head home. It didn't seem to be a problem, but today, I tried to create an account, but after inputting my location and DOB, I was greeted by a message saying that the "Maximum number of PSN accounts that can be associated with this system has been reached".

God knows what the limit is, but it must be quite a lot. Had we been aware of this, we may have been slightly economical in this regard, but seriously, has anybody had this problem before? I don't want to spend £250 on a new machine just to sort this out :< Thanks in advance for all helpful replies :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (1,513 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: 'Max number of PSN ID's has been reached' :<

hey yeah i have the same prob is there anything i can do

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (1,099 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

have the old ones been deleted and / or deactivated on the PS3?

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (1,097 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

you are allowed 5 activations on your user. as above, delete & deactivate some of the others on people machines.

failing that, you may have to call sony and ask them nicely to see if they can deactivate 1 or 2 for you.

ps - buying a new machine won't make a difference so don't waste £250 :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (1,093 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

not sure if this is a 5 activations problem, or a "you have set up a gazillion PSN IDs on this particular PS3" problem?
Although I must admit I wasn't aware of the latter even being an issue until I read this original thread :smileyhappy:

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (1,091 Views)
0 Kudos

Yes mate, i got the same trouble.. this is realy *****ed up.. i need 2 accs.. when i have the 2 accounts, then it may be 4 ever.

*& i cant loggin in my friends ps3 with my account.. i got 2 problems with my ps3.

1= Maximum Accounts Reached.

2= Cant Loggin in my friends ps3 with my account.

i make a new user on my psn, i go to psn. i wil make a account. it goes well tot your date. then this come :

the maximum number of PlayStation Network accounts can be linked with this system is reached.
Use an a.u.b existing account if you please.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (931 Views)
0 Kudos