29 Apr 2012
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Music Artwork Doesn't Show + Video Playback Help

10 Replies 559 Views Created 29-04-2012

Hey guys,

So I've put all my music on my PS3, but the thing is that a lot of artwork doesn't show...

The second thing I need help with is FLAC/apple lossless files... they aren't playable :smileysad:

The third problem is that whenever I play a vid, it continues from where I left off.. I want to start from the beginning again ... any help ?

A fourth problem that I have is that when I sort my music files by artist , they aren't separated by album it's just a list of all the music by that person... Now it's like ARTIST -> ALL TRACKS (sorted by album)
what I want is this => ARTIST -> ALBUM1 -> TRACKS (of that album
     -> ALBUM 2 -> ...

Thanks !  

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (559 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: Music Artwork Doesn't Show + Video Playback Help

[ Edited ]

Apoepoe007007 wrote:

Hey guys,

So I've put all my music on my PS3, but the thing is that a lot of artwork doesn't show...

Don't use USB HDD to transfer music to the PS3 HDD use a media server that will transfer the Meta data unaltered for all file types from M4A, MP3, PCM, WAV, WMA2,  

Itunes does not keep the art work in the meta data for the file, So you need the media server to reembed the picture data WMP won't do this.   

The second thing I need help with is FLAC/apple lossless files... they aren't playable :smileysad:
Open source is never going to be supportted as there is no regulator to make a standard and fix bugs that might come up later. This applies to Video not just Audio, ( H264 not X264, DivX not Xvid. M2TS Not MKV ) 

Copyrighted technology from Apple needs a commercial license which belongs to Apple to issue.

NONE of this is needed as PS3 supports music in its native Sold as formats. M4A MP3 PCM WAV. HDD space is not expensive any more. The PS3 and PCs are now upgradable so cheaply compression files are not needed. 

The third problem is that whenever I play a vid, it continues from where I left off.. I want to start from the beginning again ... any help ?

Press triangle then press x on start from the start option

A fourth problem that I have is that when I sort my music files by artist , they aren't separated by album it's just a list of all the music by that person... Now it's like ARTIST -> ALL TRACKS (sorted by album)
what I want is this => ARTIST -> ALBUM1 -> TRACKS (of that album

-> ALBUM 2 -> ...

Thanks !  

Thats not what your selecting with square button your only selecting the first filter with square button.

Once your in side the Artist Album you then Sort from there with theTriangle button>Sort>Album name is all you can do, It just removes the Secondary folder filter on PS3. Other wise if you only wanted one album to display you would pick album name filter with square button first.

Yep Currently SCE gives users to much credit buy expecting them to know, what music they put on the HDD in the first place.

The use of DLNA Media servers to stream files over LAN, removed the need to store media content on the PS3 HDD now.         

Red text  = replys

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (538 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Answer 1 : I don't really get what you mean by media server, is it a sort of program never heard of something likt that before :smileytongue: i'm not really a tech person ? I just put everything on this HDD and it seems to work fine, maybe the sound isn't the same high quality (320kbps, most files) :s

Answer 2 : I don't really know what you mean by this : NONE of this is needed as PS3 supports music in its native Sold as formats. M4A MP3 PCM WAV. HDD space is not expensive any more. The PS3 and PCs are now upgradable so cheaply compression files are not needed

Answer 3 : That I don't get at all , so my question was : 'when i stop watching a music video and then put it on again , it starts of where i left off , i want the video files to start from the beginning every time i click on them :smileyhappy: 

Answer 4 : I get that .. :smileytongue: Not a big problem actually =) 

Extra : I don't really understand what the meaning of this is ?

Yep Currently SCE gives users to much credit buy expecting them to know, what music they put on the HDD in the first place.

The use of DLNA Media servers to stream files over LAN, removed the need to store media content on the PS3 HDD now. 

Thank you for all your help GraphiteGB !

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (515 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Apoepoe007007 wrote:

Answer 1 : I don't really get what you mean by media server, is it a sort of program never heard of something likt that before :smileytongue: i'm not really a tech person ? I just put everything on this HDD and it seems to work fine, maybe the sound isn't the same high quality (320kbps, most files) :s

Use google to look up PS3MS and Tversity. They both will allow the PS3 to keep the art work from the music files when copied to PS3. they have there own sites that explain better. 

Answer 2 : I don't really know what you mean by this : NONE of this is needed as PS3 supports music in its native Sold as formats. M4A MP3 PCM WAV. HDD space is not expensive any more. The PS3 and PCs are now upgradable so cheaply compression files are not needed

Flac was a Compressed Music file open source solution that was come up with, because HDD space used to cost £100 for 40GB, now you can buy 1TB of space for less than £100. Compressing files is no longer needed. 

Answer 3 : That I don't get at all , so my question was : 'when i stop watching a music video and then put it on again , it starts of where i left off , i want the video files to start from the beginning every time i click on them :smileyhappy: 

Instead of pressing x on a video, Press triangle when over a video on XMB, then, press x on start  the file from begining option on the list of options 

Answer 4 : I get that .. :smileytongue: Not a big problem actually =) 

Extra : I don't really understand what the meaning of this is ?

When you look up what a media server can do this will make sense.

Thank you for all your help GraphiteGB !

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (509 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

1: Media servers let you stream content wirelessly from your PC. Windows Media center has one (albeit a crap one) built in.

2: Basically, Sony don't own the rights to it, so they can't provide it at the moment. Also, it's not very mainstream so most don't even notice.

3: Unfortunately there isn't an option to always play from the beginning as most people don't like that and get frustrated by it. If you want to play from the beginning either you'll need to press triangle and choose it each time, or hit L1 as soon as you press play.

4: Cool :smileyhappy:

5: He is referring to the fact that there are lots of features which make the use of media on the PS3 really easy, however they're poorly documented and rely on the assumption that everyone fully understands them

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (507 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

OK I get it now ! (i have a mac so those 2 servers won't work) , but doesn't it take WAY MORE time when you transfer ithe music/vidst wireless ?? My wireless connection probably isn't strong enough... I have around 20GB music and 100GB vids.. 

thanks again ! 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (498 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Thakns strangeplaice ! Cleared up a lot ! 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (497 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

The server connection is for streaming, so the data stays on the computer and is just viewed from the PS3 :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (495 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

PS3MS has Mac version

It also has Linux and PC version.

There is also Playback . which is built for Mac including Apature, Iphoto, Itunes, Eyetv, auto intergration.

With quick look Icon creation built in for all media types Including VIDEO. (from the makers of speed download application )

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (490 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Ow that's not really what I was looking for ... I really wanted to put the music on th PS3 HDD ... not like stream them... As I said before, I have a weak wifi router xp it works fine , but I can't stream too much or it'll block

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (484 Views)
0 Kudos