03 Jan 2012

Playstation Staff

My headset wont work on my PS3

8 Replies 4,134 Views Created 03-01-2012

I've recently got a PS3 and I tried using my old headset, which worked with my other PS3, but didn't work with this one, so I bought another one (Giotect EX-05), I've plugged it in completely right and everything but it still seems not to work, I watched a set up and they said I need to change "audio device settings", so when I went to try it wont change, it doesn't let me, it stays with Mic level:3, input device: Do not use, Output device: System default device. Im not sure why it doesn't work, is anyone else having this problem?

P.S the headset is the one that was released mainly for MW3, you know that one with the camo design. If you do have it, yes I have switched it to PS3 not XBOX.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (4,134 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: My headset wont work on my PS3

have u paired it with the ps3

im assuming its bluetooth ??

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (4,128 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

lucyrules4 wrote:

I've recently got a PS3 and I tried using my old headset, which worked with my other PS3, but didn't work with this one, so I bought another one (Giotect EX-05), I've plugged it in completely right and everything but it still seems not to work, I watched a set up and they said I need to change "audio device settings", so when I went to try it wont change, it doesn't let me, it stays with Mic level:3, input device: Do not use, Output device: System default device. Im not sure why it doesn't work, is anyone else having this problem?

P.S the headset is the one that was released mainly for MW3, you know that one with the camo design. If you do have it, yes I have switched it to PS3 not XBOX.

Hello lucyrules4, it sounds like your headset is likely faulty then if you have connected everything up correctly, I assume its my video you watched as I remember telling people what settings on XMB they needed to change to get the headset working. My suggestion would be to take the headset back and ask for a replacement if you still have proof of purchase if it was as a gift kindly ask whoever got it you if they have proof of purchase eg (reciept, card payment etc).

Teh gamer is doing a 24 hour game a thon for Shrewsbury and Telford hospital please give what you can here https://www.justgiving.com/Ifor-Edwards1
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (4,121 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Not, it's all connected by cable :/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (4,080 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I dont think it is faulty, because my other headset worked fine with my other PS3, but doesnt with this one, could it be the PS3?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (4,079 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

lucyrules4 wrote:

I dont think it is faulty, because my other headset worked fine with my other PS3, but doesnt with this one, could it be the PS3?

I wouldn't know mine headset works fine.

Teh gamer is doing a 24 hour game a thon for Shrewsbury and Telford hospital please give what you can here https://www.justgiving.com/Ifor-Edwards1
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (4,066 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

So its connected via USB? correct?

Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (4,059 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

lucyrules4 wrote:

Hi lucyrules4,

Is the Giotec EX-05 able to be paired via USB? (like the offcial one). If so you could attempt pairing by cable rather than by Bluetooth and may have more luck. I would also test the headset on a bluetooth enabled phone to check the device is functioning correctly, does it have a reset button at all?

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (4,056 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I to have the same problem mine is USB Only and has no Bluetooth what so ever so I think it is the military version works on xbox only so I use my old headset to sPeak in and the ex o5 to listen in
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (4,044 Views)
0 Kudos