80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

My new PS3 is making a loud buzzing noise

3 Replies 1,418 Views Created 30-12-2007
I got a PS3 40 G for christmas and when i plugged the 2 audio plugs in there was a loud buzzing or humming noise, i tried only plugging 1 in that didnt work, when i took both out it stopped, but of course there was no sound. I called best buy and they never heard of this problem. So i bought thebetter adaptors or what ever they are called it did the same thing so i called again he told me to return it that it sounds like it might be defective. Today i returned it and decided to go with the 80 G so i could play PS2 games also on it get it home and it s doing the same exact thing! HELP!!! I know it isnt the TV because i plugged it into 2 other TV's at home and there is the buzzing noise again. Does anybody know what to do to make this stop? i appreciate it thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

[ssavoy433]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[ssavoy433]
Accepted Solution
Hi kills21,

My 'Brand New' PS3 80 Gig is doing the EXACT same thing. How can we watch Blue Ray DVDs on this thing with the annoying HUM! I have the cooler adapter and I thought that was the problem. I removed it and still the same noise. Unplugged power - noise goes away. Somehow the power is coming accross the speakers.

Please let me know if you find a fix. $500 - I'm VERY Disappointed! :cry:

ssavoy433
0 Kudos

Re: My new PS3 is making a loud buzzing noise

/16

[dukwan]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[dukwan]
Accepted Solution
do you have light dimmer switch? I had buzzing noise from ps3. but after i removed all the dimmer switches the buzz sound vanished
0 Kudos

/16

[ssavoy433]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
[ssavoy433]
Accepted Solution
Hi,

It was a 'ground' loop. My PS2 doesn't have a problem but the PS3 does. I used a 'cheater plug' (2 prong to 3 prong ac adapter) and the problem has gone away. :gr8:

I hope this works for you as well!
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel