30 Dec 2008

Playstation Staff

My new PS3 is making a loud buzzing noise

3 Replies 1,192 Views Created 30-12-2007
I got a PS3 40 G for christmas and when i plugged the 2 audio plugs in there was a loud buzzing or humming noise, i tried only plugging 1 in that didnt work, when i took both out it stopped, but of course there was no sound. I called best buy and they never heard of this problem. So i bought thebetter adaptors or what ever they are called it did the same thing so i called again he told me to return it that it sounds like it might be defective. Today i returned it and decided to go with the 80 G so i could play PS2 games also on it get it home and it s doing the same exact thing! HELP!!! :Confused: I know it isnt the TV because i plugged it into 2 other TV's at home and there is the buzzing noise again. Does anybody know what to do to make this stop? i appreciate it thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (1,192 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: My new PS3 is making a loud buzzing noise

Hi kills21,

My 'Brand New' PS3 80 Gig is doing the EXACT same thing. How can we watch Blue Ray DVDs on this thing with the annoying HUM! I have the cooler adapter and I thought that was the problem. I removed it and still the same noise. Unplugged power - noise goes away. Somehow the power is coming accross the speakers.

Please let me know if you find a fix. $500 - I'm VERY Disappointed! :xCry:

ssavoy433
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (1,192 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

do you have light dimmer switch? I had buzzing noise from ps3. but after i removed all the dimmer switches the buzz sound vanished
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (1,192 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hi,

It was a 'ground' loop. My PS2 doesn't have a problem but the PS3 does. I used a 'cheater plug' (2 prong to 3 prong ac adapter) and the problem has gone away. :Thumbs:

I hope this works for you as well!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (1,192 Views)
0 Kudos