[EN] Archive

Technical Help

Technical Help

07 Apr 2010
By: gothikboi

4 Posts

My ps3 won't show any image/sound on tv

10 Replies 19723 Views Created 07-04-2010

I was playing last night gow3 and the ps3 was working just fine, but today that I wanted to play I turn on the ps3 but the screen on the tv it's just black, the green light on the ps3 it's on but the imgae on my tv it's black and has no sounds.... please help!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (19,723 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: My ps3 won't show any image/sound on tv

From power off, hold down the power button on the console for a few seconds until it beeps. This will bring up the display setup screen.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (19,717 Views)
0 Kudos

I just tried.... still black screen.... the fan it's working but I have no idea what it's wrong... I always turn it off the same way and I had this ps3 model (80 GB) for like 2 years and never gave me any trouble

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (19,714 Views)
0 Kudos

Ok I just fixed it, tholught I would shre it with everyone:

I noticed that after changing the TV input to dish-TV setting (which was via a different HDMI TV connector) a problem was listed on the screen. The satellite box (dishnetwork) message stated an issue with the HDMI connection and would not display a TV show, only satellite guide info. This lead me to suspect the TV instead of the PS3. So I powered everything down (TV, PS3, satellite box) and then turned off the surge protector. After a minute, I powered everything back on and the PS3, satellite, TV was working as it had been doing the previous day.

I believe that the TV got into a weird state and was unable to perform the standard HDMI handshaking. Thus, a million reboots by the PS3 would have never solved the problem, but a reboot of the HDTV would fix it; as it did. During the many PS3 reboots I frantically performed, the PS3 was very quiet making me think that something was very wrong with the PS3, such as the hdd was bad or the OS was corrupt. But since it was a relatively easy and painless fix I thought I'd put the process up here for anyone else having a similar problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (19,710 Views)
0 Kudos

thanks man...had same problem...powered down surge and it worked 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (19,506 Views)
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot the only thing everyone else said was the beeping thing.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (19,298 Views)
0 Kudos

Yes! Thankz alot. First "real" answer I have found! Worked great just when I was about to freak out :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (18,009 Views)
0 Kudos

tyvm almost freaked out i just reset tv and was good...thx for the quality info

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (16,524 Views)
0 Kudos

I encountered the same problem this morning. I almost started to panic until I came across gothikboi's post and resetted my HDTV. It worked like a charm! Thanks alot. :Smile:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (16,314 Views)
0 Kudos

Damn i have da same exact problem my ps3 it turns on fine but no image or sound nd when i touch and hold down da power botton it make a beepinq noice like if i was ejectinq a disc man it breally suks had dis ps3 for more den 5 years and nothinq would happen to it plus my nephew always turn it off from the back......man what can i do?

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (13,856 Views)
0 Kudos