[EN] Archive

Technical Help

Technical Help

09 Feb 2011
By: raidan08

2 Posts

Official PS3 Bluetooth headset problem (Black Ops)

10 Replies 8404 Views Created 09-02-2011

I've searched the boards and can't find anyone having exactly the same problem I'm having. Recently bought an official ps3 bluetooth headset for playing black ops online. Paired it with the console using the usb cable as recommended. Mic and audio outputs are both going to the headset and testing the mic at the homescreen works fine. Press any button and the display comes on in the top PH corner of the screen as it should. HQ mode is on.

When I play black ops, very occasionally it works absolutely perfectly, I can hear everyone and they can hear me. Most of the time though it doesn't work. Whenever I talk, the mic symbol is highlighted on screen which suggests it is working but I can't be heard, and most of the time I can't hear anything. Occasionally I can hear snippets of conversation in the earpiece. Quite often it won't work during game play but can be much better when a match is loading up (just before it gameplay starts), or after a match has completed.

I returned the first headset thinking it was faulty but have exactly the same problem with the replacement.

Any help appreciated as this is getting really frustrating.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (8,404 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: Official PS3 Bluetooth headset problem (Black Ops)

Not 100% sure but I don't think its an issue with the mic, but rather something to do with Black Ops. I get the same problem I can hear some people fine but not others. Hopefully someone will have a fix.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (8,401 Views)
0 Kudos

Usually with me if I can't hear one person in the game I can't hear anyone although there might be two or three short periods during a 10 minute game where I can hear and sometimes be heard!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (8,390 Views)
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

hi i've been having this problem for weeks. also have ps3 official headset but have tried 2 others including a usb one rather than bluetooth. it's def a blackops problem. they did an update approx a week ago and my mic worked perfect........up until this weekend where it has gone again. constantly coming and going for a few seconds. people can hear you and you not them one minute and then noone can hear you but you hear them the next. spoils the on-line experience. if anyone does'nt think it is a treyarch problem would be grateful for any suggestions 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (8,239 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Black ops did have a problem with mic 'icons' not appearing whilst playing but that was patched and fixed some time ago.

I don't have any problems and I don't know anyone that does,( not strictly true, my mate won't use his sony one cos he thinks it's rubbish) I use a bluetooth logitech set, and it's fine.

Occasionally I loose sound or it's poor quality, but I've put that down to a poor connection rate.

If your mic doesn't work ask for a refund, try the logitech set, it's far more comfortable to use anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (8,226 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I was having the exact same problem when going on zombies in Black Ops, so I decided to search on google and it came up with this. I have seen many people with the same problem but not a solution. I was guessing they had just patched it, but I keep on having the problem, so now I am thinking there is a solution.

I do have First Strike, I have only experienced this on zombies so far (Kino and Ascension) and my headset is an Official Sony Bluetooth Headset. It is not just me because I just had a game with a couple of my friends and one of us couldn't hear the other two, and another one of us could hear one person and not the other. I could hear both people but only one person could hear me (very confusing, I know).

Help and a quick response would be very much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (7,544 Views)
0 Kudos

I have this same problem in zombies only, where I can hear 2 players, and 1 can hear me, 1 can't. Stuff gets real confusing having one guy have to coach the other 2. I noticed that I might be having connection problems to some people because of my moderate NAT type and I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. Off a google search, I seen a guy on another site suggest trying a wired headset instead of a bluetooth. Anybody have any insight on this? Isn't the problem an internet connection problem not a bluetooth connectivity problem? Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (6,967 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

make sure your NAT type is 2 and UPnP is availble and it will work fine, if your on BT makes sure you have infinity

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (6,955 Views)
0 Kudos

The entire time its been doing this i have had a NAT 2 connection and UPnP has always been enabled.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (6,924 Views)
0 Kudos

henecore wrote:

The entire time its been doing this i have had a NAT 2 connection and UPnP has always been enabled.

Probably cause it has nothing to do with it.  It is clearly a software issue, most likely the game Black Ops has been optimized for Turtle Beach headsets, the offical Call of Duty head set.  The idea that Sony puts out a 7.1 head set for $99 puts a kink in their $279 head set.  Turtle Beach head sets are specifically designed to make use of the Black Ops software.  Most likely this is the issue and Sony should do something about it, but most likely will just sit there and take it.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (5,143 Views)
0 Kudos