Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: PS Home Dead Island Code Won't Work!!!!

xSODAMN_INSANEx wrote:

RabidWalker wrote:

F1NG3RZ- wrote:
hi i got the game 2day n theres 2 free codes with it but the bottom 1 dosent work @ all, it does say bloodbath areas out l8 september, so will the code work then

Hi guys,

There are two codes that accompany the SE of the game (1 is for the Ripper and the other for the Bloodbath Arena). The Ripper code should work, however the Bloodbath one will not because as you rightly say the content is not available yet. When it does become available the code should work, or the the DLC will know you have the SE copy of the game and this will download.

If you are having any other queries in regards to this issue, let me know.

Thanks,

RabidWalker

it is the code from the dead island home space were havin problems with.

I believe this may be due to the same reason, in that the code unlocks in game items that are not available as yet? I will look into this and update when i know more.

Rabid

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23 (851 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

hi i am also having a problem with this home code and i would like to add to this.If you look in the extras menu in dead island it says what content is avaible such as the blood bath and cliydes missions saying unavaible but it says the exploding meat is locked meaning it is available just the code does not work. hope this gets fixed as the dead island space has gone

Battlefield 3 Stats
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23 (837 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

The Playstation Network (Home) Code which so many of us wasted our time earning since it doesn't unlock the promised 'exploding meat' is both shameful and concerning. It feels like we have been deceived. Why is Playstation avoiding providing feedback on how and why this has happened. Some responsibility for having made false promises and misleading customers should be taken by someone and an apology is due at the very least. The excuse of  the content is not yet available is totally wrong as Bumfluff King said: it is available (see game menu) but the codes provided by yourselves do not work. Why? Please explain. The exploding meat was not for the Blood Bath Arena, or is it and did the Network just fail to inform it's customers of this?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23 (786 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Im gutted about the exploding meat code n the pshome space being removed i finished all but 2 tasks n like a div thought id just finish the tasks the day it come out, i wasn't expecting it 2 b removed, it could av been usefull right now if it was still there, n why keep dry like dust old spaces on there n get rid of this people should still av a chance 2 get it

I DONT NEED LUCK? I GOT AMMO!!!
Message 14 of 23 (777 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Yeah my PS3 Home code is a dud atm for me too. I double checked it twice in the Home space to make sure I wrote it, but the code is a working dud. I called Sony and they told me it's an "active" code, it's just yet to be activated by the company that manages the servers for psn codes. Her words. She checked the Bloodbath dlc code I got with the Wooden Box edition of the game as well and said the same about that, but above the code on the card its printed on it says "Bloodbath DLC won't be available until LATE(capitals mine)september 2011". Fingers XXed this applies to our Home codes we worked hard stomping zombies for as well. As usual Sony, whom appear to have learnt littlle after the outtage where lessons should have been learnt, is saying little and doing even less about this. WE NEED AN ACTIVE SCROLLING INFO BOARD NOT UNLIKE THE US' INFO ON THEIR XMB NOR THE OLD INFO SCREENS WE USED TO HAVE PRE OCT 2010, BUT WITH UP TO THE MINUTE IMPORTANT INFO ON FIXES AND TIMEFRAMES FROR THEM LIVE. Also a ringtone for incoming messages of this type and for friends invites and msgs would not be amiss either. HEADS UP SONY.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23 (765 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I never even got a code for the exploding meat bearing in mind I did what I was told to.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23 (747 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Well you ain't missing out since the damn things don't work but if they ever fix them then you can always complain. I can't understand why they removed the Home space so quick anyways, since they've so much unused junk on there and people were actually using this space. Maybe it was because they couldn't deal with the number of complaints of codes not working? Well done to the producers of Dead Island though, for getting PlayStation to advertise your game and then not providing the promised freebies. Grounds for a dispute indeed.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23 (716 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

not having the content is annoying but what annoys me the most is being kept in the dark about this and quietly being swept under the sofa and forgotten. The thing i want more than the content atm is answers like why, how and when. i don't seem to be able to find any answers about this at all mabye its sony mabye its deep silver who ever it is all you need to say is sorry and this is what we are going to do and i will be happy

Battlefield 3 Stats
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23 (699 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

The update I've received is that the Dead Island codes from HOME are currently not activated which is why they will not work. This is due to an issue related to the content availability in the game itself which we have raised with the developers.

When more details are available I will update.

Thanks,

RabidWalker

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23 (667 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Bring back the Dead Island home space maaaaaan!

I DONT NEED LUCK? I GOT AMMO!!!
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23 (635 Views)
0 Kudos