22 Feb 2012
By: Minezumi Member 225 Posts
Level 3

PS Vita Unable to find my location

10 Replies 2,609 Views Created 22-02-2012

I have the WIFI version and I cannot find my location on maps or near. Im connected to the internet and I have tried a factory reset but still cant find it.

Anyone got any ideas I could try?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (2,609 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: PS Vita Unable to find my location

ive got the exact same problem and its doing my head in, ive tried everything.

near cant locate me, maps displays errorcode (c2-13396-2)

internet works fine. can anyone please help?

wish id brought the 3g version now

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (2,590 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Also have the exact same problem, really starting to annoy me now, doesn't seem to be a sure fix anywhere :/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (2,583 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I have the same problem it was working perfect but now it isn't anymore the error code is C2-13396-2

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (2,580 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I've had the problem since I got my vita, tried doing multiple factory resets, made sure parental settings allowed location data, restarted my router, checked to see if my area is within the skyhook range and it is (dark blue patch), no idea why it affects some people but not others
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (2,578 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

having the same problem here in north america. i have a wifi vita, near  & maps are unable to determine current location. same error code as mentioned above, seems the wifi model has some issues compared to it's 3g counterpart. hope sony will say something on the subject soon. my call to sony support was no help either, not happy at all.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (2,550 Views)
0 Kudos

having the same problem (C2-13396-2) here in australia too, and i've the 3G version. come on sony, fix this already!!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (2,544 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Tired of waiting... Bump.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (2,504 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

"having the same problem here in north america. i have a wifi vita, near  & maps are unable to determine current location. same error code as mentioned above, seems the wifi model has some issues compared to it's 3g counterpart. hope sony will say something on the subject soon. my call to sony support was no help either, not happy at all."

Namely that the Wi-Fi variant doesn't have GPS but uses nearby Wi-Fi connections to map your location. It is probably that there is no mapped spots within range where you live. A solution to this is adding your location here and waiting for it to be added for partners to use, which takes about a week. If it still doesn't work then it must be something else.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (2,492 Views)
0 Kudos

just read your message and ive sent my address off (hope its no scam)

anyways, i hope it works, thanks for the info buddy

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (2,181 Views)
0 Kudos