23 Feb 2012
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PS Vita won't turn on - solid blue light

[ Edited ]
14 Replies 57,513 Views edited 23-02-2012

I finally got my hands on the PS Vita today, spent most of the evening setting it up, updating the firmware, charging, going through Welcome Park, downloading demos etc. All working fine.

I leave it on standby for a while, come back and start using the web browser. Constant errors; it won't connect to my WiFi access point (even though it connected no problem earlier), and even though the 3G connection is shown as active no site will load. Also the menus and interface became extremely sluggish. One of the "suggestions" was that I restart the unit and that should fix it.

So I hold the power button and the screen goes dark - the option to power off doesn't appear. The blue light blinked for about 30 seconds and then turned solid. It's been solid now for about 20 minutes and the unit will not turn on under any circumstances. Please do not tell me there's a BLOD ALREADY!?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15 (57,513 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: PS Vita won't turn on - solid blue light

My screen went dark 30 percent into the update .... First thing i did btw ! And tarried hitting the home button ..... Nothing ! Tapped the power button and it's frozen ! Has been for hours !! I get a bled in lightly backlit screen , then when you push the power button quickly it shows that green screen with the 30 percent bar and just blanks out !! Very frustrated ! Can anyone help? Or am I going back to game stop tomorrow ?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (57,438 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (57,429 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I tried holding the power button down and after around 20 seconds the light went off and the recovery menu appeared. I just went to restart as opposed to rebuild and following a prolonged wait, it started up as normal and hasn't had any problems since, fingers crossed!

CAPTIAN-STUPID your problem sounds way more severe than mine, probably a return job unfortunately. My screen went dark when updating but I wasn't sure if it was part of the update, an error, or the screen turning off because I hadn't pressed any buttons in a while. Luckily it came back on after 30 seconds or so.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (57,409 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Mine is doing more or less the same thing but usually when going to standby. Blue light stays on and cannot restart it other than by resetting.

There is no spoon.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (57,386 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I also got a similar issue, but my BLOD was blinking!!
I also got mine yesterday, updated and tweak the settings to my preferences.
Everything worked like a charm, without issues.

But today, as i was playing unit 13 demo, the Vita was just jammed, after i completed the (soundless? ) demo mission, there was nothing but a black screen, no errrors.
I pressed the PS button, got at start menu, but decided to give it one more try, before i force close it. hence, its a new piece, why would it jam?
So i selected the jammed unit 13 demo again and i again i returned into a black screen.

I decided to leave it there, in case there was a loading screen or smth, after a few minutes i checked back, the PS icon was blinking, the black screen was threating as ever.
And no matter how long i was keeping the power button pushed, there was no recovery menu. Neither home menu after the PS button.

So i took uncharted and the memory card out and tried again.
(I wish there was a hard restart/reset button, since we cant take out the battery anymore)
Nada.
I connected the cable to the pc and tried a long press on the power button and for some odd reason it worked!
I restarted and everything went back to normal (apart from losing some settings) No issues since... but i lost my confidence to Vita's reliability though...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15 (57,384 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

LOOOOOOOOOOOL IT worked Nicee thanks broo =]
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (57,236 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

@Drchronis

Same exact thing happened to me, infact it also happened right after I played the soundless Unit 13 demo.  Maybe a glitch in the demo?  Although, I also got the glitch where the screen went completey black and the blue light was on yesterday, and I got myself out of it.  I was also able to get out of the blinking one in the same way you did.

Oddly enough, none of this happened before I updated to the firmware that was released on the official launch day (had the first edition one), so hopefully it was a glitch in that new update.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (57,100 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

this helped me thanks dude.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (55,587 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks to you my friend i dont have keep sending it back to the store to switch it back .... that would have been my fifth time for free with the same things hahahaha thank you connections :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15 (55,041 Views)
0 Kudos