29 Mar 2012
By voorsk
Playstation Staff

PS Vita won't turn on

[ Edited ]
5 Replies 7,949 Views edited 29-03-2012

Hiya!

I put my Vita on hibernate last night, by pressing the Playstation button, then tried waking it later on, and nothing happened.  I thought maybe it was the battery (it was pretty low just before I turned it off), so I put it on charge overnight.  The PS button glowed orange, and in the morning it wasn't glowing.  Full charge, I guess.

Pressed the power button: nothing.
Pressed the PS button: nothing.

Pressed the power button for 30 seconds: nothing.

Pressed the PS button for 30 seconds: nothing.

Pressed the Power and PS buttons for 30 seconds: nothing.

Pressed the Power, PS, and R1 buttons for 30 seconds: nothing.

I also tried all of the above with the memory cards out, just in case, and still nothing.  The only thing I can think of that I haven't tried is turning it on while it's on charge, but I can't try that until I get home.  Anyone got any other ideas, or shall I just return it to the store?  :\

edit: If it helps diagnosis/opinion; I've had the Vita since Feb 29th, and I've never had a problem until now.

bring back The Getaway!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (7,949 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: PS Vita won't turn on

Hold the power button for 30 seconds and release it. Press it again for 2-3 seconds and release it.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (7,945 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I tried that, too.  Nothing happened.  :smileysad:

bring back The Getaway!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (7,941 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (7,939 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

If you disconnect and reconnect the PS Light should light up. If it isn't doing anything I'd take it back and get a replacement.

The fact that it won't turn on even after following reset instructions sounds as though a component has failed. That's pretty unlucky but you're well within warranty and probably your Stores refund period. Take it back and get another :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (7,931 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

thank you for this post as i just had the same problem and this worked for me cheers mate
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (7,621 Views)
0 Kudos