16 Apr 2007

Playstation Staff

PS2 games on the PS3 HELP!!!!

15 Replies 680 Views Created 16-04-2007
Hi,

We have finally worked out how to get online via the playstation 3 and how to get the ps 2 games to load but its asking for an analogue contoller. Is it not possible to use the controller for the ps3 or have we got to go and buy another one and if so will it fit into the ps3?

Thanks

C xxx
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16 (680 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: PS2 games on the PS3 HELP!!!!

Hi Chez,

The very nature of PlayStation 3 means that it should be entirely possible to use the SIXAXIS controller with your PS2 games. Which game are you attempting to play? If you press the PS Button when you are in the PS2 game, it gives you an option to "Switch Analog Mode". Have you attempted this?

Thanks.

Soap
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16 (680 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hmmmmm none of my PS2 Games work on my PS3, how come..?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16 (680 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

In order for PS2 games to work on PlayStation 3, you will need to have updated the System Software to version 1.60. Currently over 70% of PS2 titles work on PS3. For a list of compatible titles please look at the PlayStation 3 Backwards Compatibility website.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16 (680 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

just been googling and found a ps2 controller to ps3 converter!!!! £9.99
sorry didn't get the link but if you use google or yahoo search you should find it
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16 (680 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

In order for PS2 games to work on PlayStation 3, you will need to have updated the System Software to version 1.60. Currently over 70% of PS2 titles work on PS3. For a list of compatible titles please look at the PlayStation 3 Backwards Compatibility website.

How do I update to version 1.6? WE have just acquired a PS3 and it is on version 1.50. All my sons games do not work eventhough we have gone to the compatibility website which state that they should? Help!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16 (680 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hi Clare, You can update your PlayStation 3 to the latest System Software in one of two ways: 1. By using the System Update option from the PS3 'Settings' menu. For more information on this method click here. 2. By downloading the latest update from the PS3 website. For more information on this method click here. I hope this helps! Soap
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16 (680 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hey guys i know this seems a bit petty but as there is no football game yet on the PS3 was wondering when new software will be available to make titles from the PS2 like Pro-evo and Fifa more playable. I only ask this as my PS2 has just died and now i'm without football......
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16 (680 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Be warned!
I've downloaded 1.70 & now starwars battle front 2 doesn't work any more.:Confused:
It worked just fine in 1.60
Who knows what other titles have stopped working?
I suggest waiting for the next update.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16 (680 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Kingdom Hearts 2 is said to run fine on the ps3 but I and quite a few others who are playing the game through their ps3 can't get past one of the bosses because of a glitch in his hp which prevents it from depleting!!!! :Mad: :Confused: :xRolleyes:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16 (680 Views)
0 Kudos