03 Mar 2012
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PS3 AV Cable Connection (no picture)

[ Edited ]
3 Replies 5,380 Views edited 03-03-2012

Help with connection please, hopefully this is an esasy fix for some of you experts but I'm not one of them.

Our tv has only got one hdmi access point, the ps3 has been happily working on this for a few years and the cable box has worked via scart. Our new cable box is now hd so i've took the hdmi lead out of the ps3 and bunged it in the box. I have now put the ps3 av cable in (the one with red/white and yellow connections on the end) to the ps3 and inserted the connections into back of tv, nothing. I then put the 3 connections into a scart converter and stuck the scart in the tv but it's still showing no signal.

Any ideas as to what this could be and if it's something to do with going into ps3 settings, how do I do that if I can't see the screen unless I stick the hdmi lead back in but then it won't pick up the new settings will it?

Help please

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (5,380 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Av Cable Connection

[ Edited ]

Hold the power button on the PS3 itself, for around 5 seconds, until you hear the second beep. That should bring up the video setting screen.

*You can follow the guide here:

I am getting no picture on my PlayStation 3?

This will explain the process for adjusting the resolution output on the console for a different cable.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (5,378 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Do you reckon that's the problem then, the settings. I'll try after work

Thanks mate

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (5,373 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

thats definitely what you need to do, but you wont be very impressed with the composite picture quality from the yellow phono lead.

much better to get a hdmi switcher & have both sources in hd.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (5,367 Views)
0 Kudos